Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merrimack College 2011-2012 Season Thread - vita post Da Costa

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    i read in the Eagle Tribune that Dennehy said "if we were to come away without a point it probably wouldn't have been justice, that may have been our best game of the year" . i thought Mack played well but you guys have seen the Warriors a lot, was it their best game? a 2-2 tie with a struggling BC team?
    I thought it was a brutal hockey game, one of the worst I have watched all year...

combined 0/9 on pp, mc had 6 and bc had 1 shot in 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by icewarrior View Post
      Since the only other game of the year (2012)
      That's just brilliant.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        i read in the Eagle Tribune that Dennehy said "if we were to come away without a point it probably wouldn't have been justice, that may have been our best game of the year" . i thought Mack played well but you guys have seen the Warriors a lot, was it their best game? a 2-2 tie with a struggling BC team?
        The OT wins @BU and @NEU were much more inspiring in my opinion. There was a resilience to their play that allowed them to come back in the third and and in OT. We saw some of that Sunday, but they put themselves in the position to lose by playing lazy D and not dominating the PP.

Comment

Izaak Berglund was traded from Westside of the BCHL to Llyodminster Bobcats Hockey Club of the AJHL

interesting move....

Comment

Any reason why that might have happened Hoky?

Comment

Another future Merrimack player was also traded during a fire-sale by his BCHL team as the Grizzlies traded Wade Murphy to Penticton. Penticton currently is the #1 team in Canada and is a on 21 game win streak, and has 14 currently committed players already (including their captain Logan Johnston to UMass Lowell).
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                Any reason why that might have happened Hoky?
                Can only guess he asked for it... Team has been a train wreck after old MC coach left... Surprised to see a MN kid go to that league, would have thought he would have stayed in BCHL. they got nothing back for him and looks like team threw towel in

Solid team, inferior league. Other kids from BCHL went to that league as well. Local kid Mike Moran, who is having a very good year went to same league, same division...

Victoria, which traded Murphy has had ownership off ice leagal issues(to do with real estate development/money) and team has been inconsistant

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                  Another future Merrimack player was also traded during a fire-sale by his BCHL team as the Grizzlies traded Wade Murphy to Penticton. Penticton currently is the #1 team in Canada and is a on 21 game win streak, and has 14 currently committed players already (including their captain Logan Johnston to UMass Lowell).
                  Hope he shows up but will be shocked if so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                    Hope he shows up but will be shocked if so.
                    Major Jr or another college?

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                      Can only guess he asked for it... Team has been a train wreck after old MC coach left... Surprised to see a MN kid go to that league, would have thought he would have stayed in BCHL. they got nothing back for him and looks like team threw towel in

Solid team, inferior league. Other kids from BCHL went to that league as well. Local kid Mike Moran, who is having a very good year went to same league, same division...

Victoria, which traded Murphy has had ownership off ice leagal issues(to do with real estate development/money) and team has been inconsistant
                      Not sure that I would call the AJHL an "inferior league". Teams from AJHL have beat teams from BCHL, ask Barton, Stollery, and Todd. Also other Warriors like Madsen, Sheen, Bates, and Jardine might disagree. On the other hand, Bigos, Heywood, Ellis, Gould, Collins, Singleton , and Myers would probably say the BCHL is much better hockey. In any event, Merrimack has done well recruiting from both the AJHL and the BCHL.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                        major jr or another college?
                        mj

Comment

Not sure that I would call the AJHL an "inferior league". Teams from AJHL have beat teams from BCHL, ask Barton, Stollery, and Todd. Also other Warriors like Madsen, Sheen, Bates, and Jardine might disagree. On the other hand, Bigos, Heywood, Ellis, Gould, Collins, Singleton , and Myers would probably say the BCHL is much better hockey. In any event, Merrimack has done well recruiting from both the AJHL and the BCHL.
                          not inferior in a bad way, inferior vs BCHL, similar to ushl vs nahl

bchl far deeper and more placements

Comment

Most neutral observers would say BCHL > AJHL. Just the way it is.
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Since the only other game of the year (2012) was a loss against BU, the tie against BC was the Warrior's best game of the year. I guess it depends on your point of view.
                              good point

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                                I thought it was a brutal hockey game, one of the worst I have watched all year...

combined 0/9 on pp, mc had 6 and bc had 1 shot in 3rd.
                                the third period was inexplicable. BC i thought played ok for first 2 periods other than not being able to bury it. it was 2-1 but should have been 4-1 anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X