X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merrimack College 2011-2012 Season Thread - vita post Da Costa

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    true, but Mack is better than UVM and Maine.........by a lot
    I agree with this...but the coaches did not (picked Maine over Merrimack)...Also, some very good teams have lost to Maine and UVM up in Orono and Burlington even when Maine and UVM have had off years recently. See North Dakota, etc. It's tough to sweep a two game road series no matter who the opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
      The negativity on this thread sucks!
      I don't know, it it not so much "negativity" as it is "real-ativity". #1 in in PWR? Sure, it makes me smile, but doesn't really mean anything this early in the season. That's not negative by any stretch!
      Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
        I don't know, it it not so much "negativity" as it is "real-ativity". #1 in in PWR? Sure, it makes me smile, but doesn't really mean anything this early in the season. That's not negative by any stretch!
        Precisely my thoughts. Makes me smile, but after last season, nothing but championships will get me real excited. Sure, I'll be proud of the program if we have another good season, but only championships in March and April will be an improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
          I agree that it is early in the season and polls don't mean much in terms of the real outcome. The reality is that many felt that the Warriors would fade into obscurity once Da Costa left. Even the title of this Thread suggests some form of connection. It appears that this is not the case, and IMO this year's team is better and has more to prove. I believe that although the current polls may not mean much, the Warriors will still be well positioned in the polls come next March.
          Last edited by icewarrior; 11-01-2011, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            true, but Mack is better than UVM and Maine.........by a lot
            Sorry but has good as MC is they are not better than Maine by alot, they are better but not by alot. In fact if Maine can develop a #1 goalie they will battle MC tooth and nail at your place. Will be a fun w/e.

Comment

Originally posted by CenMEBlackBearFan View Post
              Sorry but has good as MC is they are not better than Maine by alot, they are better but not by alot. In fact if Maine can develop a #1 goalie they will battle MC tooth and nail at your place. Will be a fun w/e.
              we'll see..........but they won't battle it out in Conte Forum
              Last edited by sterlippo1; 11-01-2011, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Da Costa with a goal and an assist so far tonight against the Bs
                Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

I thought you all might enjoy this...

Merrimack is the College Hockey Weekly Team of the Week
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                    I thought you all might enjoy this...

Merrimack is the College Hockey Weekly Team of the Week
                    So, any predictions on how the Warriors will do this weekend against Northeastern? I would like to predict a sweep but I believe that the Huskies are going to make that extremely difficult. I see a couple of real tight games, probably one or two goal contests. Penalty troubles are going to be the difference IMO.

Comment

easier wins than you might think. Northeastern does not match up well with MC

Comment

Originally posted by icewarrior View Post
                        So, any predictions on how the Warriors will do this weekend against Northeastern? I would like to predict a sweep but I believe that the Huskies are going to make that extremely difficult. I see a couple of real tight games, probably one or two goal contests. Penalty troubles are going to be the difference IMO.
                        I hope you are right. How has Northeastern's goalies been doing??

Comment

I think a split this weekend. Both teams win at their barns Merrimack 4-2 Northeastern 3-2.
                          Rinks Visited
                          DCU Center
                          Tulley Forum
                          TD Garden
                          Tsongas Arena
                          J. Thom Lawler Arena
                          Conte Forum
                          Whittemore Center
                          Agganis Arena
                          Verizon Center
                          Gutterson Fieldhouse
                          Matthews Arena
                          Thompson Arena
                          Mullins Center
                          Alfond Arena
                          Schneider Arena
                          Magness Arena
                          Ingallas Arena
                          Hart Center
                          Prudential Center
                          TD Bank Sports Center
                          John A Ryan
                          Lynah Rink
                          Appleton Arena
                          Cheel Arena
                          Germain Arena
                          XL Center
                          Class of 1965 Arena

Comment

Originally posted by MCgrad07 View Post
                            I think a split this weekend. Both teams win at their barns Merrimack 4-2 Northeastern 3-2.
                            Power Play was pathetic for the Warriors last night. Let's just keep jamming the square peg into the round hole. Eventually the corners will wear down and it will sort of fit. Last year we had the experiment of having mostly Freshmen on the second PP unit, essentially useless. This year it appears that some players are getting opportunity while others are not, the wrong players IMO. Skew the performance however you want but the special teams need to produce, and last night the PP had plenty of opportunity to win the game, and didn't.

Comment

Only unbeaten team left
                              Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
                                Only unbeaten team left
                                Congrats to the Warriors on a very tight, hard fought battle.

Comment

Working...
                                X