This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2011/2012 Season Thread

Well, that was the type of game that was expected this afternoon. While I was glad of the result, it was a game I really just couldn't get into and judging by the team's early performance in the game, I think they were too. Although the play got better as it went on, I expect a completely different team to show up next week. Good to see the debut of Mike Conderman. Being on the fourth line tonight, really couldn't get a good read. I agreed with giving the third star to UAH Goalie Saunders, he was the definition of a tragic hero of this game. His counterpart, Carr, has a nice 128:08 shutout streak dating back to the Maine sweep. There shouldn't be an afterthought on who's starting next Friday in net for UML.

With the conclusion of today's game, the River Hawks now have 20/22 (not counting the exhibition aganist the Red Stars) against league opponents. A lot on the line next weekend against New Hampshire as we all know whom whitewashed this team not one week ago. There going to be a fair amount of movement in the league next week; BC/BU, Maine/UVM, and PC/Merrimack all playing two-game series in the last major weekend of Hockey East for the first semester. I'd love to end next weeked with a .500 or better HE league record going into the final weekend of the first semester aganist BC/NU.

For next Friday, with the Stanley Cup in town and UNH's only scheduled appearance this season, I really want to see at least 5,500+ in the barn. Last year, they moved the start time for the lone BC appearance to 7:15 PM and it yielded tremendous success (results not counting). This year is a different season, and I would love to leave the building with a headache along with two points if this game is properly marketed and executed.
    Last edited by John_Fuller; 11-25-2011, 09:37 PM.
    - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
      will Lowell do better than 2487.
      2,641... not bad. That UAH team has very very little talent... I actually felt bad for them.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

BTW, it was fun singing "It's just like playing Amherst" over and over again.
        Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Hoping we see Carr twice this weekend. If we don't, don't really see us having a chance at a split.
          Gary

www.umlhockey.com
          Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
          "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
          KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
            Hoping we see Carr twice this weekend. If we don't, don't really see us having a chance at a split.
            If by this point Bazin doesn't think Carr is the guy, we're all in for a very frustrating tenure.
            Lowell Forever
            Forever Lowell

Comment

I would expect Carr as well. I've missed the past few games so I'm looking forward to this weekend. Big series, I think the Hawks will be ready for UNH this time. Hopefully the Tsongas will be full on Friday night.

I was glad to see Conderman and Brickler in the line up over the past few games. I would imagine the competition for playing time is very high this week if everyone is healthy.
              Last edited by boblav1; 11-28-2011, 04:08 PM.

Comment

UML basketball loses one of it's Alumni to complications from diabetes.
                Monty

Comment

Rene Rancourt will be singing the national anthem on Friday night. Awesome.
                  Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                    Rene Rancourt will be singing the national anthem on Friday night. Awesome.
                    too bad I'm going to miss that... I have to watch the linoleum peel... I think the corner tile is going to beat the tile near the stove.
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

I can't make the game on Friday so I will shell out the $8 to watch on b2tv. Last time I watched a game on b2tv (BU) they had Bob doing the audio and it was excellent. Will be hooking the laptop up to the TV.

Carr should get the start and I expect a big crowd with the Stanley Cup being in the building and Rene Rancourt belting out the national anthem. How many fist pumps from Rene?
                      Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                        I can't make the game on Friday so I will shell out the $8 to watch on b2tv. Last time I watched a game on b2tv (BU) they had Bob doing the audio and it was excellent. Will be hooking the laptop up to the TV.

Carr should get the start and I expect a big crowd with the Stanley Cup being in the building and Rene Rancourt belting out the national anthem. How many fist pumps from Rene?
                        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Nah, this will be just 1. The 3 is saved for huge Bs playoff games.
                          Monty

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                            Too bad the Tsongas doesn't have an organist unless someone from the Pep Bad uses the electric keyboard in organ mode
                            - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                              Nah, this will be just 1. The 3 is saved for huge Bs playoff games.
                              It was awesome on the NBC game Friday afternoon vs. Detroit when they showed him singing, he fist pumped then looked down at the ring and had a scary surprised/happy face on, cracked me up...

Comment

I'm assuming we'll get stamped, but for those that didn't get the notice sent to season ticket holders ... they will scan your ticket on Friday night, but you can leave and return. This was a concern of mine, since I don't really want to be stuck in the building from 3 till 9:30 or so. So you can walk in (season ticket holders only) early, get your picture taken, then head out and do whatever (Beerworks!).
                                Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X