This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2011/2012 Season Thread

should i start up a paypal account to get me to more games?
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Wow, was not expecting that after the first 18 seconds. Lowell outplayed them in every facet of the game. The first two periods were just awesome to watch. 3rd period just got choppy overall but wow in general. Big play in the game was in the 2nd period when BU was starting to muster some pressure and Carr made a huge glove save to keep it 4-1. Wallin buried a puck a couple minutes later and really put the nail in the coffin. It was great to see Lowell get that killer instinct tonight.

Also, having 7 goals and Wetmore not burying one was nice too. Lots of underclassmen played very well. Wilson/Wallin were both very exciting to watch, the pass by Wilson on the last goal was a beauty. Still in slight shock. Only downfall of the night was UMass upsetting BC, would have been nice to gain some extra points. Wow what a game

Comment

There's been many games where people have said "could have been 4-0, 5-1, etc"... tonight really hit the mark... sure could have been a lot more. Nevertheless, they hung 7 tonight and deserved to do so. A complete and total effort... put in the effort, have faith, and the rest usually finds a way to work itself out.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by snipeshow10 View Post
          It was great to see Lowell get that killer instinct tonight.

Also, having 7 goals and Wetmore not burying one was nice too. Lots of underclassmen played very well. Wilson/Wallin were both very exciting to watch, the pass by Wilson on the last goal was a beauty. Still in slight shock.
          Even with the score 6-1 the Hawks never let up which was great to see. One underclassman I noticed tonight was Shayne Thompson. He didn't factor in any of the scoring but he really had jump in his step and played a solid game.

Comment

UMass System-2
            Private Schools-0
            #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
              Ain't that the truth....gonna need 24 hours to digest this one.
              It was a beautiful thing to watch. Even better because we had a family with a little guy- prob 5- watching his first game live next to us. We had to give him a cowbell to ring and he got to ring it alot!!! He had a blast.

Have they started the fire Jackie thread yet?

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                It was a beautiful thing to watch. Even better because we had a family with a little guy- prob 5- watching his first game live next to us. We had to give him a cowbell to ring and he got to ring it alot!!! He had a blast.

Have they started the fire Jackie thread yet?
                I had a UML freshman sitting with me for his first game and Monty and I had a chance to impart some info to the guy. Hopefully more than a few people who went to their first or second game will be back, including your new cowbell guy

There has been some mention on the BU thread about leadership issues behind the bench but it mostly seems to be lack of desire by the players. Considering the history of that program, I find that shocking personally.
                Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

The studential section was rocking last night. Saw one of the guys later. He said them staying to cheer and were so loud felt really good. Did to me as a long time fan

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    The studential section was rocking last night. Saw one of the guys later. He said them staying to cheer and were so loud felt really good. Did to me as a long time fan
                    Same here. They did a nice job.

I pointed out to Josh (UML freshman) what the players did at the end of the game and how it would be cool if the full student section would be there to cheer the team when they came over.
                    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
                      UMass System-2
                      Private Schools-0
                      i was thinking the same thing........... also when was the last time the two UMass schools beat BU and BC on the same night? congrats to both schools, btw

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        i was thinking the same thing........... also when was the last time the two UMass schools beat BU and BC on the same night? congrats to both schools, btw
                        I hadn't gotten to the Amherst beating BC yet. Sigh. What is the world coming to?

Comment

USCHO recap of the game

ESPN Boston conference roundup
                          Last edited by goUMLgoBC; 11-06-2011, 08:49 AM.
                          U.S. Naval Academy '06 - BS
                          UMass Lowell '12 - MBA

Comment

Some real strong reporting from The Worldwide Leader. "Norm Bavin". Sigh.

Also, Parker's comments at the end of the recap are typical Jack. He loves to say "Give them all the credit" and then proceeds to slowly take away credit and make excuses for the rest of the quote. Sure enough, talking about last night: "Give Lowell credit, but we were a pond hockey team tonight.." Par for the course, Parker.
                            Last edited by Patronick; 11-06-2011, 09:00 AM.
                            Lowell Forever
                            Forever Lowell

Comment

Post-game quote from Jackie.
                              "Horrible game by us from start to finish. We got a goal right off the bat and then we look like we don’t care. I’m impressed with how hard Lowell played, but they played against a team that was playing pond hockey tonight. We’re out there cruising around like shinny in September. Horrible game. Not one guy played well."
                              http://www.thebostonhockeyblog.com/2...ebacle-to.html

The game Takeaway from CHN.
                              http://blog.collegehockeynews.com/20...-7-1-beatdown/

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                                Translation "bag skate on the charles tomorrow... bring your snorkel"

I'm just happy to see Parker whine... we put in the effort tonight... BU bringing effort or not is their problem, I'm glad they didn't and I hope for more of the same from BU in the future.

If the other team is searching around and making excuses then you've done your job.
                                Last edited by Patman; 11-06-2011, 10:07 AM.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Working...
                                X