Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011-12 Minnesota Season Thread (Pride On Ice Returns!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Notice I dropped it Anyway, good luck to the gophers the rest of the way. Hopefully Rau, Bjugstad and Alt continue to perform so I can do well in Fantasy College Hockey
    Thank you!

Comment

• Re: 2011-12 Minnesota Season Thread (Pride On Ice Returns!)

bored.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        bored.
        Be careful what you wish for - I don't think we want the excitement BU has had lately.

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
          Can't a guy get excited about putting the puck in the net? In your infinite wisdom what would have been the correct goal celebration?
          I agree, but there sure was some whining about Rau earlier in the season. Don't remember who now.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            I agree, but there sure was some whining about Rau earlier in the season. Don't remember who now.
            Well played good sir.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

For whoever mentioned Bjugstad with a shoulder injury missing WJC exhibitions, I have a question (well, really 2).

1) How serious is the injury?

2) Suppose it's enough to sideline him for a few days. Would that mean he would not be selected for the team, and this be bad with the Gophers for the Classic?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Numbers View Post
                For whoever mentioned Bjugstad with a shoulder injury missing WJC exhibitions, I have a question (well, really 2).

1) How serious is the injury?

2) Suppose it's enough to sideline him for a few days. Would that mean he would not be selected for the team, and this be bad with the Gophers for the Classic?

Thanks.
                Reports are 2 games. I'd guess that would mean it's not really serious.

And honestly, and I'm being selfish here, I hope he doesn't play in the WJC. Let's keep our players here to strive for another title. I don't care what the games are.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

hammy was saying this is the kind of think you play through and take care after the season.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    hammy was saying this is the kind of think you play through and take care after the season.
                    I could see that. Something that won't take a turn for the worst if he plays, but if he corrects it, he's done for a while.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Sorry for a typo in my earlier post. I am still not sure what you fellows mean. Do you think he is staying with the Juniors? Or, coming back to Minneapolis for the Classic?

Comment

Originally posted by Numbers View Post
                        Sorry for a typo in my earlier post. I am still not sure what you fellows mean. Do you think he is staying with the Juniors? Or, coming back to Minneapolis for the Classic?
                        He'll go if he can, IMO.

Comment

From Gophersports

Congrats to both Rau and Bjugstad.

Sophomore Nick Bjugstad and freshman Kyle Rau were named to the roster for the 2012 U.S. National Junior Team today. Bjugstad and Rau are part of the 22-man roster that will represent the United States at the International Ice Hockey Federation World Junior Championship, Dec. 26, 2010-Jan. 5, 2011, in Calgary and Edmonton, Alta.

Team USA will look to earn its third straight medal after capturing the bronze medal at the 2011 IIHF World Junior Championship in Buffalo, N.Y., and the gold medal at the 2010 IIHF World Junior Championship in Saskatoon, Sask.

Bjugstad and Rau were two of 28 players who gathered for a camp in Camrose, Alta., on Dec. 17. Neither Bjugstad or Rau played in Team USA's exhibition loss to Russia on Dec. 20, while Rau did play in an exhibition win against Switzerland on Dec. 21. The final exhibition game of camp is Dec. 23 against Slovakia.

Bjugstad helped lead the U.S. to a bronze medal at last year's World Junior Championship in Buffalo, N.Y. He had two goals and two assists in six WJC games a year ago. Both of his goals were game-winners, as he scored the overtime game-winning goal against Finland and then scored the game-winning goal in the bronze medal game against Sweden.

Bjugstad is tied for fourth in the nation in points (27) and is tied for second in goals (16). He has registered at least one point in 15 of Minnesota's 20 games this year. Bjugstad will wear No. 27 for Team USA.

Rau, who leads all freshmen nationally in points (22) and goals (12), has points in 14 of 20 games this year. He is tied for first in the nation with five game-winning goals. Rau will wear No. 20 for Team USA.

Nick Bjugstad's International Resume: Participated in the 2011 U.S. National Junior Evaluation Camp in August in Lake Placid, N.Y. He represented the United States at the 2011 World Junior Championship where he had two goals and two assists in six games for the bronze-winning U.S. squad. Both of his goals were game-winning goals, as he scored the overtime winner against Finland (12/26) and the goal that secured the bronze medal for the U.S. against Sweden (1/5). He participated in the 2010 U.S. National Junior Evaluation Camp in Lake Placid, N.Y. and led Team USA with seven goals in seven games. He represented the United States at the 2008 Under-17 Five Nations Tournament in Prievidza, Slovakia and at the 2009 Under-18 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament in Piestany, Slovakia.

Kyle Rau's International Resume: Competed for the United States Under-18 Team at the 2009 Ivan Hlinka Memorial in Piestany, Slovakia, where recorded an assist and had a plus/minus of +1 in three games.
                          Originally posted by CavalryNate
                          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hudson Fasching committed to the Gophers. That is shaping up as one heck of a recruiting class in 2013.
                            University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                              Hudson Fasching committed to the Gophers. That is shaping up as one heck of a recruiting class in 2013.
                              It certainly is. While Fasching was somewhat expected to go to Minnesota, I know a whole lot of people in Green and White that were hoping otherwise. Minnesota will certainly have a ton of talent on the ice in the coming seasons. Nice get for the Gophers.
                              North Dakota
                              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by hammy View Post
                                hudson fasching committed to the gophers. That is shaping up as one heck of a recruiting class in 2013.
                                I am all smiles right now

Comment

Working...
                                X