Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011-12 Minnesota Season Thread (Pride On Ice Returns!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-12 Minnesota Season Thread (Pride On Ice Returns!)

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
    I know I've shown you the love before, but you are seriously way too civil and normal to be a sue fan
    He'll be an outcast among his peers if he keeps it up.
    University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
      I never thought of that! You better be careful FS23!!
      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

You also have to add in, "they are recruiting too many smaller players"... as if those smaller, skilled BC teams haven't been whipping on UND in recent times.
        Apparently you have to add this one as well. From Sioux Sports:

As is with all of these recruits that commit to other teams it is probably a good thing as he will either not pan out or be gone in a year or two.

It must be sad to act like that. I always wish all the kids well, wherever they go.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I think he's already abandoned us and gone over to the Pioneers side.

Obviously a nice pick up for Minnesota. It will be unfortunate that those of us who won't be associated with the Big 10 won't get to see much of him in a college uniform.

I do think johnnypohlfan may have stretched it a bit about overconfidence on North Dakota fan's part about landing Taylor. I don't spend much time on ss.com, but the few comments I saw over the past year or so seemed generally resigned to the fact that he would likely end up at Minnesota.

But it's all good.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
            I never thought of that! You better be careful FS23!!

I can't control how others perceive me, and I have always lived by this motto...

"Never subtract from your character to add to your popularity"
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Obviously a nice pick up for Minnesota. It will be unfortunate that those of us who won't be associated with the Big 10 won't get to see much of him in a college uniform.

I do think johnnypohlfan may have stretched it a bit about overconfidence on North Dakota fan's part about landing Taylor. I don't spend much time on ss.com, but the few comments I saw over the past year or so seemed generally resigned to the fact that he would likely end up at Minnesota.

But it's all good.
              From SS.com

#7188ticklethetwine 03 November 2011 - 12:23 PM, said:

As is with all of these recruits that commit to other teams it is probably a good thing as he will either not pan out or be gone in a year or two.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

While I may have chosen to go to law school at DU, I will always, and forever be true to the University of North Dakota.
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

While I may have chosen to go to law school at DU, I will always, and forever be true to the University of North Dakota.
                  You can become a mole infiltrating the Pioneers. It seems to be popular these days.
                  University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                    From SS.com

I don't doubt that was posted. Johnnypohlfan just posted that people on ss.com were so sure UND would land this particular recruit. I simply commented that I thought that was a bit of an exaggeration. The majority of the posts I saw commented about what a great recruit he would be to land, they were please UND was going after him, but in all likelihood he would head Minnesota's way. That's all.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

From SS.com

Classic Susie rhetoric.

I mean no he's on to something, every single player that doesn't commit to Siouxage nation turns out to be a bust and they only get the guys that pan out.

Comedy gold right there.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        I don't doubt that was posted. Johnnypohlfan just posted that people on ss.com were so sure UND would land this particular recruit. I simply commented that I thought that was a bit of an exaggeration. The majority of the posts I saw commented about what a great recruit he would be to land, they were please UND was going after him, but in all likelihood he would head Minnesota's way. That's all.
                        Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying.

Comment

• Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                          Classic Susie rhetoric.

I mean no he's on to something, every single player that doesn't commit to Siouxage nation turns out to be a bust and they only get the guys that pan out.

Comedy gold right there.
                          They said the same thing about Rau

Comment

They just got the news. Countdown until the "we didn't really want him anyways" and "it's not about who you recruit, it's about how well you develop them" comments start has begun.
                            I've read the same at gpl. Look, Sioux fans have their issues but sometimes it's ok to just let stuff go.

Comment

Always fun to get good news, sounds like he's a hell of a player

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

Translation: DU fans rejected him. It's how they roll, they're snobs.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                              Twenty red lights in his honor
                              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                I've read the same at gpl. Look, Sioux fans have their issues but sometimes it's ok to just let stuff go.
                                It doesn't upset me. I just laugh at it

Comment

Working...
                                X