Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011-12 Minnesota Season Thread (Pride On Ice Returns!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-12 Minnesota Season Thread (Pride On Ice Returns!)

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
    Rocco Grimaldi Kyle Rau Named WCHA Rookie of the Week

READ HERE
    Cheap Shot!

Grimaldi was injured and didn't even play this weekend. It would have been difficult for him to win rookie of the week...although Parise could have done it

Congrats to Rau, well deserved.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      Cheap Shot!

Grimaldi was injured and didn't even play this weekend. It would have been difficult for him to win rookie of the week...although Parise could have done it

Congrats to Rau, well deserved.
      Thought you guys would enjoy that

I realize Grimaldi was injured. Just poking some fun. And of course Parise could have, he's a Minnesotan

Comment

Thought you guys would enjoy that

I realize Grimaldi was injured. Just poking some fun. And of course Parise could have, he's a Minnesotan
        Grimaldi is going for offensive player of the week when he is healthy... Rau can have all rookie of the weeks he wants, heII he can have wcha rookie of the year for all I care. Grimaldi will be going for Hobey...

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
          Grimaldi is going for offensive player of the week when he is healthy... Rau can have all rookie of the weeks he wants, heII he can have wcha rookie of the year for all I care. Grimaldi will be going for Hobey...
          It may be hard for him to get offensive player of the week when he is stuck in his dorm room with the shades pulled down, afraid he might see a scantily clad dressed girl and all.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
            It may be hard for him to get offensive player of the week when he is stuck in his dorm room with the shades pulled down, afraid he might see a scantily clad dressed girl and all.
            agreed... I just hope Lucia makes the goofs wear appropriate length skirts when UND comes to town.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
              agreed... I just hope Lucia makes the goofs wear appropriate length skirts when UND comes to town.
              Yeah, although either way Rocco may need an outlet for all his penned up sexual frustrations, this may work.

Comment

• Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                Notice the only time he played he was held pointless and was a -3. Maybe the kid needs to toughen up. How did he get hurt, anyways? Did one of your goons take him out in practice?
                Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 10-19-2011, 08:52 AM.

Comment

GopherPuckLive Podcast #3 Is Up

Podcast 10/18/2011 CLICK HERE

Comment

Lucia's extension is official. Signed thru 2014-2015. No doubt any potential buyout is favorable to the U if they need to exit the deal.
                    University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                      Lucia's extension is official. Signed thru 2014-2015. No doubt any potential buyout is favorable to the U if they need to exit the deal.
                      http://www.startribune.com/local/132163988.html
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                        So...the brewster deal.
                        Better dead than Red

Comment

I was as down on Lucia as anyone the last few years, but I REALLY like what I have seen from the program on ice and in recruiting lately. Just a hunch, but I think we'll see Lucia hang around for his entire contract

Comment

I was as down on Lucia as anyone the last few years, but I REALLY like what I have seen from the program on ice and in recruiting lately. Just a hunch, but I think we'll see Lucia hang around for his entire contract
                            Brewster's contract really was just for show. The guy had one foot out the door and the contract extension really just gave us a better out, but made it look like to recruits like he was staying around for awhile.

Lucia is a totally different deal. He is a proven coach and I believe all parties hope he gets this turned around. But as I mentioned before, I am a life long Gopher hockey fan, but I had to take a break for the past couple years. I just couldn't take it anymore. I'm rooting for him, but something must change. Looks good so far this year, but a long ways to go
                            Better dead than Red

Comment

• Originally posted by ski View Post
                              Brewster's contract really was just for show. The guy had one foot out the door and the contract extension really just gave us a better out, but made it look like to recruits like he was staying around for awhile.

Lucia is a totally different deal. He is a proven coach and I believe all parties hope he gets this turned around. But as I mentioned before, I am a life long Gopher hockey fan, but I had to take a break for the past couple years. I just couldn't take it anymore. I'm rooting for him, but something must change. Looks good so far this year, but a long ways to go
                              His recruiting philosophy has already changed from what I have seen, which is a great sign as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                                What you said.
                                Perception. Not reality.

Gophers were actually down 0-3 last year in Duluth and got back to a 3-4 deficit before allowing a goal with 3 minutes remaining. Final score was 6-4 with ENG

No real lack of effort against the good teams. The problem was letting the bad teams take half the points.

NO LOSING TO VERMONT!
                                Last edited by Bertogliat; 10-19-2011, 04:37 PM.
                                I HATE RED!

I always seem to choose my hand over extremely hot women.
                                -BuckyforPrez (2/28/2005)

Comment

Working...
                                X