Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011-12 Minnesota Season Thread (Pride On Ice Returns!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-12 Minnesota Season Thread (Pride On Ice Returns!)

I just looked through the articles on forwards, goalies and defense men to watch and noticed not a single Gopher made it. (Think INCH lists were the same.) Not that many years ago, you would always find a couple Gophers. I hope that by next year, we have a couple players making those lists again. (Not that I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Bjugsted considered to be a top ten forward by year's end, or Patterson a top 10 goalie.) Used to be we had a D-man at least worth considering every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
      I would like to see 2 pts.
      More important to get 3-4 from Vermont than 2 from Duluth.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        They don't get points in non-conference games.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          I think this point is lost on a good chunk of people.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            OOC.

Not that difficult.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              OOC.

Not that difficult.
              A good chunk, not all.

A lot of people are brushing these games off as unimportant without realizing the true impact of actually picking up two wins.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I don't think I really care, but why do I have -10737424 reputation point(s).

Does that mean that 10 millon people already hate me after only 8 posts?

I must really suck.
                Better dead than Red

Comment

Kloos Provides Instant Offense

Justin Kloos was cradling the puck behind the goal line.

Two strides later he was gliding into a sliver of an opening in the slot.

With a quick flick of the wrists, the puck was rocketing under the crossbar.

Goal.

Scoring plays develop quickly when Team Southeast’s Kloos is on the ice. Blink an eye, and the Lakeville South senior very well might have deposited another puck in the net. Or, just as likely, delivered a pinpoint pass to set up a goal.

The first of Kloos’ two goals came just 42 seconds into Team Southeast’s eventual 5-5 tie with Team Southwest on Sunday, Oct. 9, at New Hope Ice Arena. He scored again with 22 seconds left in the second, wrapping the puck around the left post just before the net was knocked out of place.

Justin Kloos scored two goals and added an assist in Team Southeast's 4-4 tie with Team Southwest. Photo by Helen Nelson
                  Generally, time and space is limited in the frenetically paced Upper Midwest High School Elite Hockey League. The laws of physics, and hockey, seem to change when Kloos is operating with the puck. Speed and elusiveness are hallmarks of the 5-foot-8, 177-pound senior’s game, yet the University of Minnesota recruit also has the uncanny ability to dial the game into slow motion when he is in scoring position.

Kloos’ three-point afternoon against Team Southwest gives him 34 points (16 goals, 18 assists) in 15 games. Team Southeast’s Jake Guentzel of Hill-Murray, Kloos’ linemate for much of the fall, ranks second in the league with 28 points.

“We play pretty well together, we see each other a lot,” Kloos said about being paired with the 5-8½, 150-pound Guentzel. “It has been fun. We’re both small, creative forwards. Create offense, that’s kind of our mentality.”

Kloos and Guentzel were linemates for parts of three seasons as grade-schoolers playing for the Triple A Icemen.

“I think teams try to play a little more physical on us, because we’re kind of the crafty offensive forwards,” said Kloos, who scored 41 goals and added 49 assists last season in 27 games and is the state’s top returning scorer heading into the 2011-12 season. “Other than that, we have a bunch of good players on our team, so I don’t think they are locking on to our line.”

Team Southeast (10-2-3) leads the Elite League standings with 24 points, two ahead of Team Northeast (9-3-3).

Last season Team Southeast went 12-7-2 and finished one point behind Team North in the regular season standings.

“I just wanted my team to win,” Kloos said about his Elite League goals entering the season. “If our team has a better record that it did last year, then overall it is a success.”

With six games remaining in the regular season, Kloos’ 34 points already tops the 33 registered by 2010 scoring champion Tony Cameranesi of Team Northwest.

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_article/show/107754?referrer_id=192035

Comment

Originally posted by ski View Post
                    I don't think I really care, but why do I have -10737424 reputation point(s).

Does that mean that 10 millon people already hate me after only 8 posts?

I must really suck.
                    Well, you're not in the red so it can't be all bad.

And no it doesn't mean that, someone who is better versed on the rep points thing can explain it.
                    Last edited by Driftryder; 10-10-2011, 10:28 AM.
                    Originally posted by CavalryNate
                    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                      Well, you're not in the red so it can't be all bad.

And no it doesn't mean that, someone who is better versed on the rep points thing can explain it.
                      It just was Red, now it's +17 billion.

Thanks. I won't worry about it. Maybe I'll go talk crap to some cheeseheads and get it red again.
                      Better dead than Red

Comment

Originally posted by ski View Post
                        It just was Red, now it's +17 billion.

Thanks. I won't worry about it. Maybe I'll go talk crap to some cheeseheads and get it red again.
                        Go for Jan Brady. They are so sensitive up there in the Cloud you'll get lots of negative rep and they'll never sign it.

Comment

Thanks to everyone who updated the score thread on Saturday night! Made my night away from the radio much better
                          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Not me...I dont really care about conference points at the moment but since we are stuck with Simple Math best to get wins from as diversified a group as possible.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Not me...I dont really care about conference points at the moment but since we are stuck with Simple Math best to get wins from as diversified a group as possible.
                              Minnesota has a good Simple Math schedule this year. They have to win the games though to cash in on it.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Did anyone hear Lucia tonight on the radio? He said he pretty much pushed Mario away from the U. He said he felt he wasn't fair to Tony (implying he felt he held him back a little to avoid appearance of favoritism .) Having coached my kids at much lower levels of sports, I can understand the problem and can only imagine what it would be like at that level. Just hope Notre Dame doesn't win it all with Mario playing a major role.

He did say it is much different for the son of an assistant, since the assistant doesn't set the roster. Sounds like he is leaving it open for Jake Guentzel.

So what is the deal with TV for Saturday game?

Comment

Working...
                                X