Ferris State University Hockey 2011-2012 - A New Lease On Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ferris State University Hockey 2011-2012 - A New Lease On Life

I think this weekend is the first time we have ever swept a weekend series from MSU in Ewigleben.

Ever.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      I think this weekend is the first time we have ever swept a weekend series from MSU in Ewigleben.

Ever.
      Only the second time we've played a weekend series with MSU at home.
      This space for sale.

Comment

Ever.
        Congrats! Good luck against NMU. Hope you guys sweep them.
        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Thank you. We're going to need all the help we can get. Playing NMU the past few years has produced some not-so-nice results.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
            Congrats! Good luck against NMU. Hope you guys sweep them.
            Really!

That's surprising to hear considering that if NMU sweeps FSU, NMU would still be one point behind LSSU as LSSU is idle. But if FSU sweeps NMU, FSU will be 8 points ahead of LSSU.

Any LSSU fan that wants their team to stay in the hunt for a top four position in the CCHA should be rooting for NMU this weekend.
            NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by hattrick16 View Post
              On a side note, Sergott is not a good referee.
              He's awful. At least he laughed at one of our signs.

It's crazy to look at the standings, this program has come a long way in just the last few years.

Comment

A nice win tonight. Needed it to keep the momentum going.

Comment

We needed this one. And we need some more. A split at the least with both Notre Dame and Western, plus a sweep of BG. That would put us 7-2-1 to close things out. Then get to the Joe and win a game there. That would cement things.

I don't care if we win the CCHA. I don't care if we win the CCHA tournament at the Joe. I really don't care. Honestly. The (much) bigger prize is that NCAA tournament bid, as we found out a couple years ago. That's the one I want. Badly.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Right on. Things should be rocking for the ND game next weekend. Publicity has been higher than any game so far this season that I can remember.

Comment

We needed this one. And we need some more. A split at the least with both Notre Dame and Western, plus a sweep of BG. That would put us 7-2-1 to close things out. Then get to the Joe and win a game there. That would cement things.

I don't care if we win the CCHA. I don't care if we win the CCHA tournament at the Joe. I really don't care. Honestly. The (much) bigger prize is that NCAA tournament bid, as we found out a couple years ago. That's the one I want. Badly.
                      It's always nice to hang banners. The CCHA regular season doesn't mean much. The CCHA tourney win gets you the autobid, so that isn't all that bad, plus it is a sure boost to PWR. The NCAA tourney is on everyone's wish list for sure- but it also pays to lighten the journey by qualifying as a top seed if you can.

Comment

FSU’s Famulak Named Flanagan Award Winner

http://www.ccha.com/fsu%E2%80%99s_fa...rd_winner.aspx
                        "What I get paid for are the practices, I would play the games for nothing."
                        - Tim Horton

Ferris State University
                        CCHA Champions 2003 & 2012

Comment

For those of you in the Big Rapids area, both the Gate and Buffalo Wild Wings will be hosting viewing parties for the Friday night game at ND.

Comment

That is awesome that they are hosting viewing parties!!!!! The old barn should be rocking on saturday!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by "Le Coq" Grande View Post
                              That is awesome that they are hosting viewing parties!!!!! The old barn should be rocking on saturday!!!!!!!!
                              Agreed. Saturday will be our third sellout in a row.

Nothing insightful to say.

Go Dawgs!
                              - Tim Horton

Ferris State University

Comment

Here's the game feed from the friendly folks in South Bend.

http://www.und.com/allaccess/?media=291250
                                - Tim Horton

Ferris State University

Comment

Working...
                                X