Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

Happy with the 2 pts.
    - Willows, Thrush, Block really put some pressure on for a 4th line.. I like it.
    - Wasn't overly impressed with the way we took our foot off the gas. I think we did well defensively though.
    - Any word why Silengo dressed but didn't play? I imagine they had Pavelski playing D again tonight, but Silengo was unable to go due to his back problems.
    - Why recruit anyone who you won't play minimally in dire situations (Randall).
    - Anyword when Kipp will be back?

PS - Sorkinator with two beautiful assists.. stepped up enough?
    Last edited by Saetia22; 02-03-2012, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Not a solid 60 minute effort, but at this point a win is a win. Was the start we were all hoping for, but the 2nd was different and the team looked gassed, Hopefully Kipp is back soon, tonight would be nice. Desmith is getting better every game and could be the real deal. Have to say the D has started to really step up and TVR and Knoddel are playing like we all hoped they would , thought Agosta was a little off last night. As was mentioned liked the pressure the Willows-Block-Thrust line showed all night, a really good energy line. I think when the play aggressive on offense they generate alot more chances which I think we all know they need, Last night is seemed once they got up 3 the were playing back more and relying on the D and DeSmith, Hopefully tonight they come out with the same fire and keep it up for 60 minutes. Here is hopefully being in 6th after tonight and controlling their own fate.

Comment

Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
        Last night is seemed once they got up 3 the were playing back more and relying on the D and DeSmith,
        That's certainly the way the SOG in the box score seem to read, too. Not a great strategy for success, even in the days when the Cats had more offensive power than this year. They need to play all out, leave-nothing-on-the-ice hockey in all three periods the rest of the way if they want the 6th slot in the HE quarters.

Comment

Does anyone know what's up with Providence's video of their home hockey games...or lack thereof? There doesn't appear to be anywhere to watch the Providence home hockey game against the 'Cats. This didn't use to be the case. Can anyone elucidate this?

Also, good win for the 'Cats last night. DeSmith looked great in the net!
          Last edited by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan; 02-04-2012, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            That's certainly the way the SOG in the box score seem to read, too. Not a great strategy for success, even in the days when the Cats had more offensive power than this year. They need to play all out, leave-nothing-on-the-ice hockey in all three periods the rest of the way if they want the 6th slot in the HE quarters.
            No it isn't, when they are aggressive and pushing offensively they seem to have their feet moving and playing a lot faster and getting back on defense quicker and playing all around much better game, when they sit back and wait for the play to come to them is when they seem to make mistakes and make stupid turnovers. I think they played much better the last 2 Saturdays vs. Merrimack and BC, if they come out and play that style I do like what I see. They need to be pressing and play with a little edge, I think they are having a difficult time to find their identity, they are a bigger team than in years past on the blue line so it seems at time they try to slow it down and let the play to come to them, but then again they have some smaller fast guys up front who should be handling the puck and dictating play. Hopefully they come out tonight and play 60 minutes of aggressive hockey, if they do like they did in the first last night and the last 2 Saturdays I have a good feeling about tonight, and hope that Kipp is back, the more I see DeSmith the less I worry about between the pipes.

Comment

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
              Does anyone know what's up with Providence's video of their home hockey games...or lack there of? There doesn't appear to be anywhere to watch the Providence home hockey game against the 'Cats. This didn't use to be the case. Can anyone elucidate this?

Also, good win for the 'Cats last night. DeSmith looked great in the net!
              Last game at PC, I went to their website and there was a link to their CBSCSports page, and one of the featured videos was "PC vs. New Hampshire Hockey". So I signed up, paid the 10 bucks and there was no video, it was just the radio broadcast. Luckily I was refunded, but it was still a bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by Saetia22 View Post
                Last game at PC, I went to their website and there was a link to their CBSCSports page, and one of the featured videos was "PC vs. New Hampshire Hockey". So I signed up, paid the 10 bucks and there was no video, it was just the radio broadcast. Luckily I was refunded, but it was still a bummer.
                Exactly. I had a similar experience. If you look at all of their home hockey games, there is only an audio icon. There is no longer an icon for video. This just doesn't make sense, as they have had video for their games in past years.

Comment

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
                  Exactly. I had a similar experience. If you look at all of their home hockey games, there is only an audio icon. There is no longer an icon for video. This just doesn't make sense, as they have had video for their games in past years.
                  I had the same frustrating experience last time UNH played at PC (Jan 11). Back then, I called CSTV, who handles the Providence "All-Access" subscriptions, and they said the game was not available online because it was being broadcast by local TV - presumably COX sports. I'm going to give it another try tonight and hope for the best.
                  The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Happy with the 2 pts.

- Any word why Silengo dressed but didn't play? I imagine they had Pavelski playing D again tonight, but Silengo was unable to go due to his back problems.
                    Pavelski played forward all night; they rotated 5 D the entire game. I believe the plan, should they get desperate (really gassed?!?) late was to move Pavel back and insert Silengo in the third line. Sil was on the pre-game sheet at D.

As for Randall, considering that they don't seem to use the red shirt year, what is the point? Wouldn't it make more sense to dress a D-man and hold him in reserve than a dinged up Silengo? Can't be good for his (Randall's) frame of mind.
                    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                      I had the same frustrating experience last time UNH played at PC (Jan 11). Back then, I called CSTV, who handles the Providence "All-Access" subscriptions, and they said the game was not available online because it was being broadcast by local TV - presumably COX sports. I'm going to give it another try tonight and hope for the best.
                      C-H-C,

I'm sorry to say that there is still only audio being offered by Providence for the game tonight...and this is the case for the rest of Providence's home games this season. At least through cbs sports "all-access," there will not be video of the game tonight...which is disappointing.

Comment

Woo, hoo; UNH back on the PWR board with 2 points after OT win tonight. Was that really the fourth line on the ice for two goals, along with Hardowa?

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                          Not because UNH would be favored (they wouldn't against any of the top 4), I just want to be able to go to the games, and not in a high school gym. (But congrats, this is a historically bad season for UNH, and it's still better than the average UML season)

I think UNH will finish 6th still, though not sure where UML is standing and where they will stand. They blew out UML once, and lost twice that weekend because of their awful goaltender who is currently riding the pine.
                          I want Lowell in the quarterfinals.
                          The game you "blew out Lowell" - that goaltender was Robbins, not Carr. I hope you get your wish and play Lowell in the Quarter finals. I mean, Lowell has had so much trouble playing at the Tsongas this season.
                          Last edited by hawkeytown; 02-04-2012, 09:29 PM. Reason: Forgot additional quote
                          "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
                          make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post
                            The game you "blew out Lowell" - that goaltender was Robbins, not Carr. I hope you get your wish and play Lowell in the Quarter finals. I mean, Lowell has had so much trouble playing at the Tsongas this season.
                            Congrats, the only reason you had a win against UNH, let alone two, was because DiGirolamo was the goaltender, not DeSmith. I like UNH's chances at Lowell over any of the other teams that might finish 1-4, not that I would expect them to win 2/3 (we're not used to being in this position, but 6th place would normally be a banner year for you)

Comment

we're not used to being in this position, but 6th place would normally be a banner year for you
                              With Dickie U there, might be the constant moving forward. If we are going to have a ****ing match about the past, congrats you win. I am focused on this year... and, well... UNH doesn't scare me this year.
                              "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
                              make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post
                                With Dickie U there, might be the constant moving forward. If we are going to have a ****ing match about the past, congrats you win. I am focused on this year... and, well... UNH doesn't scare me this year.
                                nor should they, you guys have had an impressive year, and are relevant for the first time since Roloson, and UNH has been downright bad at times.

That said, I still hope UNH plays UML in the quarterfinals since it'll be easy to get to those games, and I love watching games in your arena. Some revenge for 2001 would be a bonus too Good luck the rest of the way!

Comment

Working...
                                X