Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
    Really good game last night. Tough to see that injury to Madsen. It happened right in front of me, and it was as gruesome an injury as I've seen on the ice. Speedy recovery to him.
    So what exactly happened and why is it worse than a usual leg injury?

Comment

• Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
      So what exactly happened and why is it worse than a usual leg injury?
      I don't know the official word but it looked like a broken lower leg, definitely was bent in an entirely wrong direction.

Comment

They don't do 4 on 4 in college.
        yeah.....I figured that out yesterday. I'll agree to have a corner taken off of my hockey card.
        Last edited by Umileated; 01-23-2012, 06:38 PM.
        Hit Somebody!

Comment

I don't know the official word but it looked like a broken lower leg, definitely was bent in an entirely wrong direction.
          I didn't see it up close but know some people who did. My understanding was a bad break where the foot was pointing in the wrong direction but it did not appear to be a compound fracture, tough to tell with the pads.

Unfortunate, isn't Madsen a senior, tough way to end a year / collegiate career. I am guessing he is done, 6+ weeks in a casting won’t leave much time to rebuild the muscles in that leg. If my guess is true I feel bad for him (I wouldn't want to go out like that), here’s to a speedy recovery.
          "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
            I didn't see it up close but know some people who did. My understanding was a bad break where the foot was pointing in the wrong direction but it did not appear to be a compound fracture, tough to tell with the pads.

Unfortunate, isn't Madsen a senior, tough way to end a year / collegiate career. I am guessing he is done, 6+ weeks in a casting won’t leave much time to rebuild the muscles in that leg. If my guess is true I feel bad for him (I wouldn't want to go out like that), here’s to a speedy recovery.
            Looks like 2 surgeries for him already.

http://www.merrimackathletics.com/sp...201201220am2zk
            Are you guys brothers?

Comment

Originally posted by Ned Braden View Post
              Looks like 2 surgeries for him already.

http://www.merrimackathletics.com/sp...201201220am2zk
              Thanks for the update, it was one ugly injury. Was right in front on my seats in 110 and can't remember when I saw an ankle that bad. Best of luck to him in his recovery.

Comment

Guys what happened with Wyer this year and where do you think he stands in the goalie plans after this year? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                  Guys what happened with Wyer this year and where do you think he stands in the goalie plans after this year? Thanks
                  Jeff Wyer had knee surgery. He played well in his few appearances early in the season. He and Casey DeSmith will probably be competing for #1 next season.
                  The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

With Desmith's play of late, as long as it continues. I would put him in front of Wyer, in the 1,1a type of ranking but they will probably have some sort of rotation next year

Comment

Here's a nice clip of the hockey team at Fenway Park:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEvrC...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
                        Thanks NHCF. High-quality production. Another souvenir of Frozen Fenway 2012 worth keeping.
                        The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
                          These videos (this and White Out The Whit) are pretty awesome. I wish the school did more behind the scenes type videos like this.

Comment

Well another big weekend this weekend, then again they all will be till the end of the season. Looks like we got 2 teams going in the opposite direction, and not what we thought it would be a couple of weeks ago. Then again we all know what BC can do. The question for the Cats now is where will they find some more scoring after Mosses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
                              The question for the Cats now is where will they find some more scoring after Mosses.
                              For starters, I hope they put Downing, Henrion and Burke back together. All three posted great numbers when sharing a line, easily their most productive games of the season. I have the numbers on my desk at home. Minor injuries to all three derailed that unit - its time to line those three up again!
                              Live Free or Die!!
                              Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                For starters, I hope they put Downing, Henrion and Burke back together. All three posted great numbers when sharing a line, easily their most productive games of the season. I have the numbers on my desk at home. Minor injuries to all three derailed that unit - its time to line those three up again!
                                Do like that line, have to say it was the best Burke has played in his 3 yearsm if course injuries hasnt helped that. Really like what I see out of Downing to.

Comment

Working...
                                X