2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-2012 UNH Wildcats

For those that might have missed it, Danny Dries is blogging for the New York Times in the runup to OSU's outdoor game this weekend...

http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-outdoor-game/

http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/20...another-level/
    UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Is anybody bothering to go to the UNH v. Dartmouth game tomorrow? Too lazy to look . . . who's the home team?

Only reasons I'm going:
      A) Working.
      B) Got hooked up with box seats; TV in suite for Patriots game.
      I haven't been on here in a year...
      Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
        Is anybody bothering to go to the UNH v. Dartmouth game tomorrow? Too lazy to look . . . who's the home team?

Only reasons I'm going:
        A) Working.
        I"ll be heading to the game tomorrow and am looking forward to it! Also, UNH is the home team this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post

Only reasons I'm going:
          A) Working.
          Im going to leave after the 2nd period and hopefully make it home sometime during the 3rd quarter

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
            Im going to leave after the 2nd period and hopefully make it home sometime during the 3rd quarter
            So right about when the Patriots show up then?

Comment

Originally posted by jml42691 View Post
              Exactly. Just in time for the Pats to take the lead and put the game away

Comment

Originally posted by jml42691 View Post
                With a matchup between 2 teams that work best late in the game, maybe the first half will just be a campfire and massage circle at the 50 yard.
                Hit Somebody!

Comment

Posts from the UNH recruit Blog
                  Originally Posted by Wildcat13
                  "Does anyone know the plans for another goalie in the pipeline? I really feel good about DeSmith especially with him only being a frosh but another solid goalie commitment would be great. I saw the post about the kid from Northwood which sounds promising."

Originally Posted by C-H-C
                  "Curtis Frye (DOB 7/25/95; 6'4", 195 lbs), along with Casey DeSmith, Jeff Wyer, Brian Foster and Kevin Regan, train or have trained with Goalie
                  Coach Brian Daccord of Stop It Goaltending (and Goaltending Consultant Group) based in Woburn MA.

The goalie coach for UNH is David Schultz, also from Stop It Goaltending. Due to NCAA regulations, UNH is only allowed to have 3 paid coaches so
                  Schultz is the "volunteer" goalie coach for the team. Most other Hockey East programs also have a volunteer goalie coach on staff."

Seems like Scott will never get a shot even if the team believes he can turn the team around.

Comment

Originally posted by fanboy View Post

Seems like Scott will never get a shot even if the team believes he can turn the team around.
                    seems like this guy must be related or is tyler scott with all three of his posts in reference to tyler scott.

would like to see him get a chance as well though

Comment

Originally posted by fanboy View Post
                      Posts from the UNH recruit Blog ....... Seems like Scott will never get a shot even if the team believes he can turn the team around.
                      Thats your deduction based on Wildcat13 and CHC discussing a goaltending prospect who would likely arrive TWO seasons after Scott graduates? I hate to burst your bubble, but if Scott was the best option in his first three seasons he would have played. Funny thing about coaches - they like to win. And in an effort to win, they'll put their best and hardest-working players on the ice. I know, I know its a crazy theory! People close to Scott (you) may be upset that he is going to wrap up his career with little playing time. I can understand that, but its simplistic and petty to blame the coaching staff.

I'll assume Scott worked his tail off, meaning he hasn't played because he has simply never been the best goalie at UNH. He wasn't better than Foster and Digi had a 2010-11 season that you can't argue. He may be the best this season (I don't watch practices) but I doubt it. If he was, he wouldn't be the 4th goalie. I'm not buying that Scott is the difference in this team sitting at 7-11-2 (5-8-1) instead of say 11-7-2 (8-5-1). Digi was bad early, but DeSmith has played well and until the Providence game it still wasn't enough. The goaltending has been FAR from the only problem plauging this team.

With the team fighting for the play-off lives and NCAA dreams hanging by a thread (if at all), Umile's going to play the best goalie period. Maybe Scott/DeSmith are even? Unfortunately for the SR Scott you have to go with DeSmith in that case because of the long-term benefits into next season and beyond. That is just the way college sports work.

I don't ever remember hearing or reading anything that would lead me to believe Scott was brought to UNH to compete for anything more than a back-up position. If he had earned that spot or more we would have seen him on the ice. The article you posted earlier is such an awful source. That read like a blog discussing another player entirely and sneaking in a shout-out to a kid from his town.
                      Live Free or Die!!
                      Miami University '03

Comment

Cats win 2 straight, Moses is on fire. Anyone know why Henrion was not dressed against Dartmouth?

Comment

Glad to see Moses get some goals - he deserves them; however, it worries me that he has had to carry us to our last two victories.

Additionally, I'd like to see the McCarey, Borisenok, Thrush line reunited. All three of them stacked up the majority of their points during their time together.

Comment

"UNH Smothers Dartmouth 4-1"
                            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Nice to see UNH get a couple W's back to back. Moses needs to learn how to finish though I'm just sayin'
                              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                                Nice to see UNH get a couple W's back to back. Moses needs to learn how to finish though I'm just sayin'
                                I don't have any stats in front of me but I'd be willing to bet that Moses has taken more shots this year than any other UNH player and I'd be willing to bet that, among the forwards, he has one of the lower shooting percentages. Moses is a very talented player, he has speed, he has puck handling skills, and he knows how to get open. But . . . he does have trouble putting the puck in the net. Moses has 16 goals this year, half of them in four goal games against UAH and Dartmouth. First to have two four goal games in a season since Jacob Micflikier a few years back btw. Let's just hope that his recent production translates to good games the next two weekends vs. Merrimack and BC!

Comment

Working...
                                X