Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
    Loyalists like Scarlet and Mookie just go to the games for social purposes now, they gave up on the hockey aspects years ago.
    Don't ever speak for me.

Comment

Wow, the wheels are really coming off quickly here. Even I thought that we would still end up being a top 4 HE team, but could possibly have too many bad losses (HC) and miss the tournament, just like last year. At this point, I'm just hoping we're good enough to make the HE playoffs Four poor results against opposition that this team should have beaten is a very bad sign for things to come.

If there is any positive here (others may not think so), it may be that it really appears as if Parker is at the point of realizing that the program is going downhill, and he may be a big reason why. With only one game to prepare for this weekend, trying to improve on bad starts, the team gets outshot 15-3 in the first period?? One shot on goal on the PP all game??
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Looks like Rosen, Megan, Nicastro and Escobedo are getting over the loss by tweeting about an afternoon outing to Gillette to see the Giants play the Patriots.

@wmmegan
        At the pats game with @BRosen8 and the boys..just a couple new yorkers ruffling some hometown feathers #loveit

@BRosen8
        At the #Pats #GMEN game with @wmmegan @MaxNicastro and Scoobs #beauties pic.twitter.com/fJYcj3se

In contrast, here's a tweet from Denver's Jason Zucker:
        @JasonZucker17
        Sorry for the disappointing weekend @DU_Hockey fans. This will not continue to happen! We will be better.
        http://thebostonhockeyblog.blogspot.com/

Places I've watched college hockey: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Scottrade Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by eagleh8er View Post
          Anyone know what the faceoff totals were from last night? I can't find it anywhere but the announcers made it seem like we won almost none.
          43 - 27 Lowell.
          http://www.goriverhawks.com/sports/m...2/hkbuuml.html

Comment

Did anyone hear any commentary from Bernie Corbett and Tom Ryan regarding last night's game?
            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Glad everyone's in a good frame of mind today
              Originally posted by reBlur View Post
              Looks like Rosen, Megan, Nicastro and Escobedo are getting over the loss by tweeting about an afternoon outing to Gillette to see the Giants play the Patriots.

@wmmegan
              At the pats game with @BRosen8 and the boys..just a couple new yorkers ruffling some hometown feathers #loveit

@BRosen8
              At the #Pats #GMEN game with @wmmegan @MaxNicastro and Scoobs #beauties pic.twitter.com/fJYcj3se

@JasonZucker17
              Sorry for the disappointing weekend @DU_Hockey fans. This will not continue to happen! We will be better.
              Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

@wmmegan

@BRosen8

@JasonZucker17
                Not really fair to be judging them based on where they are and what they're doing on a day off. Noonan tweeted a similar thing to the DU guy last night. If they had an early practice this morning, should they be relegated in their non-hockey lives to not do things socially that have no affect on the team? If they had a game tomorrow night, I'd be concerned, or if they missed practice time for this. Otherwise, I don't really see it as an issue that a bunch of friends went to a football game an off day.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

@wmmegan

@BRosen8

@JasonZucker17
                  Clendening tweeted this after the comeback win vs. UMASS:

@Clenny5
                  Great comeback win for the boys. I can get used to this. How about u @GarrettNoonan13 @matt_nieto @SahirGill28 and the rest of the boys

I may be taking this out of context, but in reading the tweet a few times, I was (and still am) put off by "I can get used to this." What can Clendening get used to? Getting themselves into multiple-goal deficits that they have to dig themselves out of time and time again? I know if I was on that team I'd be quite ticked at spotting UMASS a 3-0 lead and would feel very fortunate to skate away with a W. I'm sorry, but I can't get used to spotting an opponent a 3-goal lead and then having to come back for the W.

FWIW, some of the guys at the Pats' game today were some of the more problematic persons w/ regards to the off-ice issues from the championship hangover team. It's unfortunate that their tweets and FB status updates from today only fuels the perception (and possible reality) that their give-a-****ness and commitment isn't where it needs to be (especially after reading Jason Zucker's tweet to DU fans).

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    Not really fair to be judging them based on where they are and what they're doing on a day off. Noonan tweeted a similar thing to the DU guy last night. If they had an early practice this morning, should they be relegated in their non-hockey lives to not do things socially that have no affect on the team? If they had a game tomorrow night, I'd be concerned, or if they missed practice time for this. Otherwise, I don't really see it as an issue that a bunch of friends went to a football game an off day.
                    I disagree. One of the factors behind the off-ice issues from the championship hangover team is the lack of discretion in social media use that certain members of that team had. What they don't share will less likely affect one's perception towards them.

Comment

Originally posted by collegefan06 View Post
                      What some people will resort to hoping for a complement from SteveF, J.D., etc that love trolling the BU thread because nobody is particularly interested in the BC thread.
                      I couldn't give a d*mn what "SteveF, J.D., etc" think of me... that doesn't mean I have to like it when somebody contradicts himself from one sentence to the next... and it doesn't mean I have to think everybody that roots for BU is a high calibre individual.
                      Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                        FWIW, some of the guys at the Pats' game today were some of the more problematic persons w/ regards to the off-ice issues from the championship hangover team. It's unfortunate that their tweets and FB status updates from today only fuels the perception (and possible reality) that their give-a-****ness and commitment isn't where it needs to be (especially after reading Jason Zucker's tweet to DU fans).
                        I do not remember any of those four being the off-ice troublemakers, or at least anything coming to light about it. From what I had read back then, it was members of this year's senior class and some of last year's seniors too. I don't recall hearing anything about the freshmen, or them in specific. Again, this is really stretching it to find out what's wrong. Again, if they aren't missing practice, aren't giving up an opportunity to practice, and aren't hurting their preparation for an upcoming game, there's nothing to complain about. We have no evidence any of those things are occurring by them going to this football game.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I do not remember any of those four being the off-ice troublemakers, or at least anything coming to light about it. From what I had read back then, it was members of this year's senior class and some of last year's seniors too. I don't recall hearing anything about the freshmen, or them in specific. Again, this is really stretching it to find out what's wrong. Again, if they aren't missing practice, aren't giving up an opportunity to practice, and aren't hurting their preparation for an upcoming game, there's nothing to complain about. We have no evidence any of those things are occurring by them going to this football game.
                          I think reBlur's point was likely more along the lines of, "This certainly doesn't help."
                          I could be wrong though.
                          Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

I disagree. One of the factors behind the off-ice issues from the championship hangover team is the lack of discretion in social media use that certain members of that team had. What they don't share will less likely affect one's perception towards them.
                            So you're not upset that they're at the game, just that they tweeted that they're at the game? It's irrelevant what our perception of them is based on what they're doing on a Sunday afternoon.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

So you're not upset that they're at the game, just that they tweeted that they're at the game? It's irrelevant what our perception of them is based on what they're doing on a Sunday afternoon.
                              The more one shares, the more they potentially leave themselves to scrutiny. I doubt they care what others' perceptions might be, but IMO it doesn't help given the questions about the team's commitment and work ethic b/c of the poor execution we've seen in most games so far.

Comment

The more one shares, the more they potentially leave themselves to scrutiny. I doubt they care what others' perceptions might be, but IMO it doesn't help given the questions about the team's commitment and work ethic b/c of the poor execution we've seen in most games so far.
                                So if they were watching the game together in someone's room and tweeted about it, would that be a problem too? This is ridiculous.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X