Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    I don't see any PIMs listed for Clendening at the end of the game, but sounds like he's a real cement head.
    It was a dumb move on Clendening's part. Thankfully for him none of the HC players seem particularly interested in responding, and Noonan came over and pulled him away, and just gave the HC guys a look while skating away. But it wasn't just Clendening, though, as Chiasson started taking a couple of runs at HC players after BU failed to keep the puck in the HC zone and essentially killed off the advantage w/ the extra skater.

Comment

I don't see any PIMs listed for Clendening at the end of the game, but sounds like he's a real cement head.
      You are being way too complementary. He's a brick of clay off the old block in that arrogant family.

Jerry realized it and didn't want him but Jack happily took him.

Comment

Since all the Parker apologists like to jump in and call out those of us who say his time has passed whenever BU wins, allow me to return the favor.

BU teams struggling against weak teams. Showing a total lack of discipline. This may be the norm for the past few years, but it is not BU Hockey used to be about. How does a top 10 team, loaded with draft picks, lose to an unranked team, from a joke conference, at home? Once in a blue moon I can understamd. But this routine of playing down to the competition, looking unmotivated, call it what you will...it's growing VERY old.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

USCHO recap is up...the quotes are shocking!

Comment

Was it a great college hockey game?
            Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Same old same old.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

*****http://crnabiz.com/site/sites/default/files/Under_The_Bus_Sign-300.jpg******
                Originally posted by Hokydad
                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

This will be a fun thread to read this week.
                  Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Sheer chaos when the play is around the BU net. What do they do during practice?
                    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

So I just read the recap and was amazed at Parker's comments. While he throws everyone but the equipment manager under the bus, does this guy EVER blame himself? Seems to me that he didn't have his team mentally ready to play a team like Holy Cross. This loss is just as much on himself as it is everyone he blamed. The guy's a disgrace.
                      Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                        Was it a great college hockey game?
                        No idea...wasn't there. I suppose if you're a HC fan it was great...

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                          *****http://crnabiz.com/site/sites/default/files/Under_The_Bus_Sign-300.jpg******
                          Parker's quotes always sound like the team has a restraining order on him during the game.
                          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                            Sheer chaos when the play is around the BU net. What do they do during practice?
                            While we're on the topic of net play...wil someone please tell the goaltender if he's going to go through all the trouble of skating behind the net on a dump-in to at least try to stop the puck behind the net.

He managed to stop only about 20% of the HC dump-ins. The end result is just everybody being disorganized. Even more than usual.

It would also be OK if Connolly shot the puck once in awhile. I mean geez...down 5-4 with 2 to play, he's in the slot, and he tries some weird saucer pass through traffic.

Speaking of saucer passes...someone please tell Coyle there's a difference between a hard wrister and lifting the puck back to the point.

It was kind of funny watching the HC fans celebrate after the game like they just did something significant. They didn't.
                            Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Come on, for HC, that's absolutely a significant accomplishment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                                It was kind of funny watching the HC fans celebrate after the game like they just did something significant. They didn't.
                                Yeah, but from their perspective, this win had to be huge. One of the more significant ones in the program's history I would imagine.

Comment

Working...
                                X