Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!

3 words surmise BU's issues right now.

Defense, defense, defense.

That game last night was one of the worst BU D performances I've ever seen.

Comment

Chance to redeem yourselves tonight. I smell a big win coming....
      Great team on paper and you have an excellent coaching staff.
      Just need to bring it together and score.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        To some extent, in their own zone, yes. While attacking, most BU forwards had their way down low. BU's problem is they still can't complete a clean pass to save their lives, and it often puts us in a position where a scoring chance or shooting lane is lost because the receiver has to reach to receive the bad pass or the receiver can't cleanly receive the pass, both situations allowing the defense to recover just enough to take away the quality shot. I dont know how much of that was bad ice, but this has been a problem for a while, so it's probably not that big of a factor.
        Cross-ice passes last night were awful, and it led to a ton of 2-on-1s. Add that to the defensive miscues, and Millan was doomed.

I'm going to try to count 2-on-1s tonight. I particularly enjoyed the back-to-back 2-on-1s against Millan in I believe the third period. This defense really leaves him out to dry.

The ice was awful last night, no doubt about it, but the ice was bad for Providence too. It probably would have helped BU to have been able to warm up properly and get a feel for the ice (they couldn't because the bus was late), but I don't think it would have been the difference between a win and loss. Bottom line is this team always looks past Providence, and Providence always gets jacked up to play BU.
        http://thebostonhockeyblog.blogspot.com/

Places I've watched college hockey: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Scottrade Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Whittemore Center

Comment

Is it any coincidence that the quality of play by BU defensemen in their own end has suffered since Powers replaced Quinn? Just sayin...

Comment

BU was unprepared to meet Providence's intensity at the start of the game. The Friars have a new coach, their first game, home opener, in front of a large (for them) and vocal crowd.
            It was also the St.FX - Millan, not the UNH - Millan, in the first period. Down 3-0 after 1 was a larger hole than it should have been.

PC also has the lamest student fans in Hockey East.
            I wonder how proud of their student body the men the in the cream-colored robes were when their student section was chanting "**** U BU" at the visitors section?
            Is that what a Franciscan education is all about?
            Embarrassing.
            As was the vast majority of students leaving the game with 10 minutes left to get to basketball Midnight Madness.
            Embarrassing from a hockey standpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
              Is it any coincidence that the quality of play by BU defensemen in their own end has suffered since Powers replaced Quinn? Just sayin...
              I mean Quinn is an amazing coach so I don't know if it's as much a coincidence as it is the simple fact that Powers isn't as good as Quinn.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                As was the vast majority of students leaving the game with 10 minutes left to get to basketball Midnight Madness.
                Embarrassing from a hockey standpoint.
                Doesn't Midnight Madness start at...Midnight?

Originally posted by Big Papa View Post
                Great team on paper and you have an excellent coaching staff
                You're talking about Denver, right?

Comment

What a disappointing game. Started off horribly, mount a nice comeback, then rest on it, give up socring opportunities, take penalties, and lose.

Privitera clearly has some skills, but he has to learn not to try that curl move/blind backhand pass at the blue line. The new PC coach miust have learned from York - pressure the BU points on the PP and they'll struggle.

Many instances of not being able to corral the puck untiol a split second too late to do anything with it.

I wish I could foresee a big rebound tonight, but I don't think a team like Denver will be a willing victim.
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

I would say a disappointing game for BU last night coupled with a playoff type win for Denver actually bodes better for BU than say if Denver got blown out last night and BU blew out PC. Still, my money would be on Denver from what I saw last night.

Comment

Will tonight's game going to be available over the internet? Last week's wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                        The coincidence is that the defense was deeper and more talented when Quinn was the assistant coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigus Paulus View Post
                          Will tonight's game going to be available over the internet? Last week's wasn't.
                          Yes. Both All-Access and WWZN.
                          http://www.goterriers.com/sports/m-h...101511aaa.html

Watched UNH on All-Access last week, too.
                          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post

I wonder how proud of their student body the men the in the cream-colored robes were when their student section was chanting "**** U BU" at the visitors section?
                            Is that what a Franciscan education is all about?
                            Embarrassing.
                            how much difference is there between 19-20 yr old kids at say Wisconsin vs KIDS, yes KIDS 19-20 yrs old at Providence, BU or BC?? I'm ,now, "just sayin"

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                              Yes. Both All-Access and WWZN.
                              http://www.goterriers.com/sports/m-h...101511aaa.html

Watched UNH on All-Access last week, too.
                              Thanks.

Yeah, listened to last weeks game on the UNH feed. I was concerned that WWZN no longer broadcasted BU games after last week.

Comment

BU played very well defensively for 40 minutes and was opportunistic in taking advantage of DUs blunders. DU finally settled in late in the game and was all over BU by the end. Very bad call on DU at the end...their players had a right to be upset. It had the feel of DU tying it up if the game went a little longer (or if the "penalty" wasn't called)

Good game to be at.

Comment

Working...
                                X