Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
    Ya, just read up on it a bit. Believe it was because CAA was too football-centric. Still think BU prefers the A10 over the CAA for the same reason.
    If Hofstra and NU are there then maybe the conference is becoming more tolerant of alternative lifestyles.
    I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

If anyone is not following FakeJackParker on Twitter, you're totally missing the boat. This stuff is hilarious.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

http://dailyfreepress.com/2011/10/11...-power-player/

The jokes write themselves

Comment

• Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
          I guess that makes bu his third choice?

As an aside, It's funny that his inferiority complex makes him think gene is some evil mastermind when the jist of the original quote was "Espn told us what to do." The fact that bc didn't want uconn was just happen stance; if Espn wanted uconn - they'd be in, regardless of bc's very public insistence otherwise. It's just too hard for ct residents to think the boys in Bristol would do such thing. Better to make bc the enemy as they hate us anyway!
          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

1) if my name as andrew mccarthy, i'd go by something else. the characters he played made you hate him.

2) bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
              How is Jamie Dixon up and coming when he's been the Pitt coach since before the writer hit puberty? Dixon has been the coach since Ben Howland bolted for UCLA in 2003.
              Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Millan gets both starts this weekend. So much for my theory about Rollie getting a start anytime soon
                GO BU

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                  How is Jamie Dixon up and coming when he's been the Pitt coach since before the writer hit puberty? Dixon has been the coach since Ben Howland bolted for UCLA in 2003.
                  Aside from Steve's point (which is if the powers that be really wanted UConn in, they would have invited them over DiFillipout's objections) the writer is correct. No matter though, as when the SEC decides to expand you can kiss FSU, Miami, Clemson and GT goodbye, which leaves VT and everybody else as far as football schools left in the conference.

Getting back to the subject at hand, I too wonder about a "letdown" game against PC. Perhaps that's why Millan is getting the start instead of giving Rollie some playing time.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
                    Millan gets both starts this weekend. So much for my theory about Rollie getting a start anytime soon
                    I'd guess then he gets one of the UMass games.... just a guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      Aside from Steve's point (which is if the powers that be really wanted UConn in, they would have invited them over DiFillipout's objections) the writer is correct. No matter though, as when the SEC decides to expand you can kiss FSU, Miami, Clemson and GT goodbye, which leaves VT and everybody else as far as football schools left in the conference.
                      So wait the SEC would be expanding to 17 teams?

Did you just think, "hey those ACC schools are in the southeast of the US, they'd work!"

You're embarrassing yourself.

Comment

Did you just think, "hey those ACC schools are in the southeast of the US, they'd work!"

You'll have to pardon rover. When it comes to college football, he will readily admit he knows 3 things about CFB:

A) Doug Flutie is short
                        B) Doug Flutie was very good
                        C) He hates Doug Flutie
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Are you the BC poster who told me that BC has the highest academic standards for its athletes of any school in the country, or the one that said a BC degree was better than a Harvard one if you're going to work in the Boston area? See, I get all you yahoos confused.

Anyway, with conferences these days, who knows the configurations? What I can tell you is this: 1) The SEC is the top conference in the country. 2) They have natural rivalries between their members (Florida, Georgia, South Carolina) and the targeted schools (FSU, Miami, Clemson, and GT). 3) Those schools would give up the vaunted trip to the Heights, where the team draws 10K actual fans and 30K dressed as empty seats regularly, and a fan base that can't sell 4,000 tickets to the conference championship even though its a direct, 2 hour flight from campus in a heartbeat.

As the ACC is a joke as a football conference, and those football schools generally aren't strong in hoops (or in BC's case, they aren't strong in either one) having those traditional gridiron powerhouses (who's fans, you know, actually go to the games) as members is on borrowed time.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Are you the BC poster who told me that BC has the highest academic standards for its athletes of any school in the country, or the one that said a BC degree was better than a Harvard one if you're going to work in the Boston area? See, I get all you yahoos confused.

Anyway, with conferences these days, who knows the configurations? What I can tell you is this: 1) The SEC is the top conference in the country. 2) They have natural rivalries between their members (Florida, Georgia, South Carolina) and the targeted schools (FSU, Miami, Clemson, and GT). 3) Those schools would give up the vaunted trip to the Heights, where the team draws 10K actual fans and 30K dressed as empty seats regularly, and a fan base that can't sell 4,000 tickets to the conference championship even though its a direct, 2 hour flight from campus in a heartbeat.

As the ACC is a joke as a football conference, and those football schools generally aren't strong in hoops (or in BC's case, they aren't strong in either one) having those traditional gridiron powerhouses (who's fans, you know, actually go to the games) as members is on borrowed time.
                            No I'm not that BC poster.

17 teams? I know that won't happen in the SEC.

Those schools you mentioned, the SEC is already in those states. They want to expand their footprint (see Texas A&M and maybe Mizzou).

Tell me the last time BC drew 10k or less to Alumni.

Once again, stop embarrassing yourself.

Comment

No I'm not that BC poster.

17 teams? I know that won't happen in the SEC.

Those schools you mentioned, the SEC is already in those states. They want to expand their footprint (see Texas A&M and maybe Mizzou).

Tell me the last time BC drew 10k or less to Alumni.

Once again, stop embarrassing yourself.
                              Did you check out the stands at the Duke game? Also, given the chance to own the Florida market, why wouldn't they?

Look, I'd love to debate how a school best known for gambling scandals, one that's won exactly zero national titles in any sport not named "men's college hockey" and one that for most of the past several decades had the entire New England D-1 football market to itself and still can't draw fans is the premier athletic program in the country, but as this is a BU hockey thread (you know, a program with more national titles than yours) perhaps we can take this to a BC football thread, if someone decides to start one.

Comment

Yeah, not going to lie. I have little to no interest in the SEC and college basketball/football. That's why I choose to cover college hockey. It's way better.
                                http://thebostonhockeyblog.blogspot.com/

Places I've watched college hockey: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Scottrade Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Whittemore Center

Comment

Working...
                                X