Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game was a fallacy, we suck parker is too old, can't coach them in practice.
    time to write new history

Comment

• Re: BU 2011-2012 Season: The bar is low, boys!

So.... no one getting thrown under the bus after this one? That would be disappointing.
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
        So.... no one getting thrown under the bus after this one? That would be disappointing.
        Millan played too well. Gave his team too much confidence and forced BU to embarrass UNH. This is unacceptable in a league where the health and welfare of these Student-athletes is paramount. Kick Millan off the team. Put in Rollie, and tell Parker to go back to his old ways of letting his team feel uncomfortable and embarrassed to be BU hockey players.

Comment

Next game in 6 days. It may take me that long to find something wrong with this game tonight. Absolutely dominant tonight in all facets. Can we take that 'bar' up a notch?
          Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
            Next game in 6 days. It may take me that long to find something wrong with this game tonight. Absolutely dominant tonight in all facets. Can we take that 'bar' up a notch?
            Shot selection still seems to be a problem 90% of the time. Giving up the chance to shoot in the slot for an off-angle shot too often and shooting too often off-angle when a pass to the center of the ice would likely be a goal.

If we're being nit-picky
            Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
              Giving up the chance to shoot in the slot for an off-angle shot too often and shooting too often off-angle when a pass to the center of the ice would likely be a goal.
              I noticed this, too. Sometimes it was just one too many passes. I liked how Chiasson held onto the puck till he as close to the goal as possible, juuuuuuust to make sure it went in.

Comment

That was a really good team effort against UNH last night. Like night & day compared to the first two periods against St. Franny X.
                Millan was very good early, BU skaters dominated the second half of the game and made UNH look very ordinary.
                Usually, UNH has one top line that strikes fear in the heart of opponents. Didn't see one last night, although Moses is a very good player.

BU showed balance, finished their checks and they all PLAYED FOR EACH OTHER.
                If they can continue to duplicate that effort, and not get too happy and satisfied with themselves, this will be a very good year.

BTW, strange that BU's league games against UNH and BC are before New Year's.

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                  Next game in 6 days. It may take me that long to find something wrong with this game tonight. Absolutely dominant tonight in all facets.
                  Defense?
                  http://thebostonhockeyblog.blogspot.com/

Places I've watched college hockey: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Scottrade Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by reBlur View Post
                    Defense?
                    +1. Personally don't think UNH will be that good this year. There were some glaring mistakes last night that better teams would've capitalized on and would have changed the entire complexion of the game. Satisfied with the win obviously but still lots of room for improvement. Hope these guys aren't too pleased with themselves. Complacency seems like something that has been an issue the last 2 yrs.

Comment

Since mookie apparently missed the game we missed the observations of the bench portion of our post game discussion. Well not anymore:

Jack was extremely positive and upbeat the entire game. He even once went over to Bavis and told him to calm down

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                        +1. Personally don't think UNH will be that good this year. There were some glaring mistakes last night that better teams would've capitalized on and would have changed the entire complexion of the game. Satisfied with the win obviously but still lots of room for improvement. Hope these guys aren't too pleased with themselves. Complacency seems like something that has been an issue the last 2 yrs.
                        I wouldn't be too pleased either. It was a poor effort. Parker clearly can't coach them anymore.

Comment

I do not know how this was forgotten in regards to the game. Probably the number one, most important thing relating to BU hockey.

How were the student fans and were they actually cheering?

Priorities, people!

Comment

I'VE LOST MY MIND!!!!!!

Well, maybe I think he should start, rather than he will.

quiddlet, Glad you aren't making the coaching decisions.......

So yeah.... Rolli has to start, right?
                            I guess KM tying the career victory record for BU is a result of the amazing teams he's played behind since after his freshman year......

Defkit says: It will be VERY interesting to see who gets the start in net. Does Parker chalk Millan's poor showing to just a fluke? Would starting Rollie geet into Millan's head and possibly send him into a tailspin? I think it's a tough call. If last night was a real game, I think starting Rollie next game would be a slam dunk. But to have your three year starter oon the bench to start your first real game.....I'm just worried about the impact on Millan's psyche. For the record, I would start Rollie and go from there. Primarily because he has stuck with the team when many thought he would bail.
                            Is everyone feeling a little better that KM is ready to play now? Granted, it looks like UNH is in for a down year based upon last night's effort but our defense wasn't all world either in the shut out. In fact, Clendennig made me hold my breath every time he got near the puck.

This could be a very interesting team to watch if the coaches let them play and don't get in their heads too much like the last couple of years. If the PP gets untracked I'll believe the coaches are letting the boys talent do the work without them making them think to much and fear the consequences of making a mistake.

Good start for the Terriers!
                            Last edited by collegefan06; 10-09-2011, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                              I wouldn't be too pleased either. It was a poor effort. Parker clearly can't coach them anymore.
                              You are a dbag. Talk to me in March.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                                You are a dbag. Talk to me in March.
                                *****http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/1002/sarchasm-sarcasm-the-most-delicious-of-the-humors-demotivational-poster-1266401781.jpg******

Comment

Working...
                                X