X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2011-2012 Season Thread: Year of the Mad Dog

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
    White out Saturday at Matthews.
    i dont own white. and i was planning on having my kid wear black. great. now we are going to stick out like sore thumbs.

edit: i like the idea of everyone wearing the same color, but when the school puts out mostly red and black colored clothes, i have never understood the idea behind using white. Barely anyone owns any white jerseys, and the DogHouse for the last 14 years or so has always been in red or black. (doghouse kinda down this year when it comes to chanting, up with number of kids, but turning into bc fans, only doing making noise when the red light goes on). Anyway, i get different colors, but white, makes no sense to me. Especially when all 3 of the UML fans who come will also be wearing their white jerseys.
    Last edited by Huskies01; 12-08-2011, 03:32 PM.
    DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

..just mention Chuck Norris said it wasn't a requirement. You'll be good
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
        i dont own white. and i was planning on having my kid wear black. great. now we are going to stick out like sore thumbs.

edit: i like the idea of everyone wearing the same color, but when the school puts out mostly red and black colored clothes, i have never understood the idea behind using white. Barely anyone owns any white jerseys, and the DogHouse for the last 14 years or so has always been in red or black. (doghouse kinda down this year when it comes to chanting, up with number of kids, but turning into bc fans, only doing making noise when the red light goes on). Anyway, i get different colors, but white, makes no sense to me. Especially when all 3 of the UML fans who come will also be wearing their white jerseys.
        Because McLaughlin asked me to do it.

Comment

(doghouse kinda down this year when it comes to chanting, up with number of kids, but turning into bc fans, only doing making noise when the red light goes on)
          I've actually been thinking about this a lot lately at games. There seems to be a lot of silence this year compared to years past. The guys at the front of section 44 need to step it up.
          NU

Comment

Your not the idiot. The guy who claims to be the former player, but really just likes to name drop is. 3 win team. This guy is done. That guy is done. Been doing it for 2 years now. Has yet to be right about a thing.
            Hmmmmm.....who could you possibly be talking about?
            Last edited by Motorboaters; 12-09-2011, 09:03 PM.
            "We just didn't get the lucky bounces..."

Comment

Why no talking?
              Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
              Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Well that was dealt with.

Do not feel the score did NU justice tonight. The Huskies should have blown the game wide open in the first, but were to cocky with the puck, spent to much time trying to make pretty passes to guys who were covered, and blind passes to no one. Also passed up a bunch of shooting chances for backhanded passes that led to nothing.

Seemed like when they did shoot it was low, forcing Carr to leave some juicy rebounds that NU did not get to. Also seemed like they were trying for wrap-arounds, especially in the first. Have not seeing UML this year, perhaps the coaches saw something there, but Carr seemed to move post to post fine, and held the post too. He is a nice goalie. Makes the first save, but NU did not test him very much, and tonight was easily the worst I have seen NU on odd man rushes all year. They have been burying them, or at least making the right choices, pass vs. shoot, but tonight, I think they thought they were back in Notre Dame and outskilled themselves. Cody's breakaway that be blew is example number 1 on that.

Overall, never got the feeling NU was going to lose tonight, even when it was tied, and UML was gifted some power plays at the end. UML fans might be all over Bazin for pulling the goalie with so much time left, but I like the move there. You do not know if you are going to get another PP, or even another faceoff, or heck, another stoppage as at one point in the third we went like a good seven minutes in between whistles. Might as well take the chance there, you give one up, so be it, you lose by 2 instead of 1, big deal. Just so happens NU scores, and then NU takes the foot off the gas, another penalty, and one sneaks through Rawlings, so the move does not look good. I like the thinking by Bazin there in the end. Did not work out, but A+ for giving it a shot.

If Manno continues to play like he did tonight, physical, but in control, he is going to be a star the 2nd half of the season and should get top two line minutes.

Stone does more in the few minutes he is given then some guys do the entire night.

PK looked better then it has all season. Its getting there. Rotating more guys in during the game is helping keep guys fresh.

Not the best tonight for Karlsson, kinda of invisible. Same goes for Pimm. #9 continued his strong play, same with Cody. Might have been Saponari's quietest game of the year.

I really felt that either NU was a much stronger team then UML, or that the Lowell guys were tired, because NU was tossing them around pretty easily as the game went on. When Quailer starts tossing guys along the boards, that says something.

Nice win, nice to go into break at .500, nice to have some things to play for. At-large bid is being tossed around, and rightly so, but they need to stay above .500, and they are not there yet. They need to take care of Princeton, they can afford a loss to Minnesota. But they would need to beat a Comm Ave. team in the Beanpot and still play above .500 in Hockey East the rest of the way. Remember, UVM made it a few years back, and they finished 7th in Hockey East. Ways to go until then, but, its nice knowing that it is available now, when 6 weeks ago nobody would have even considered it.
                Last edited by Huskies01; 12-10-2011, 10:02 PM.
                DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Nice job Huskies. If you missed it it really was not quite as close as the box score might suggest. Keep up the good work. You all have a great holiday and New Years and I will see you at the BU game. However, you have to admit they are playing with far less mistakes then they did in the 1st 10 games and I think CR is rally the difference, if he falters so goes this season. Although I am hoping I eat may words about a 10 to 12 win season, with some holiday tournaments and non conference games over he remainder of the year, we have to remember that we still need HE points and lots of them. Although, you have to say that as of this moment they can play with anyone, much of this credit has to go to new coach and his staff because something is now clicking.

Comment

Nice job team.. Happy Holidays!
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Great win against UML...needed the 2 and got them.

Is anybody going to the Mariucci Classic??

Comment

Since I missed out on the affair in South Bend, I was thinking about it. I have never been to Minneapolis and looks like it would be a good time, especially with the way the team has been playing. Anyone else thinking of going?
                        "We just didn't get the lucky bounces..."

Comment

I will be there. Minneapolis is a cool city...the only thing that sucks is that it will be very cold. The indoor sky walk connects most of downtown, so you can stay out of the cold. The Vikings are also in town on Sunday if you are looking for something else to do. Wild are at home on Thursday before the games.

Comment

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/5...polls_1011.htm

#20 in the INCH Power Rankings
                            Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                              Still unranked in the USCHO poles. I know they don't matter but it is pretty funny to see Michigan ranked ahead of us. We're 18th in the PWR however, and thats all that really matters.
                              2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                              2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

37 votes in the joke poll.

18th in the PairWise

Lol, Yale at #19 is laughable.
                                Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Working...
                                X