Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2011-2012 Season Thread: Year of the Mad Dog

Hey Fellas,

While you're working on the PP this week, some of the PK guys need to take responsibility for clearing out opposing players from the front of the net. Both of Merrimack's first 2 goals were scored because there was a guy parked right in front of Chris for a prolonged period of time. He never saw either of those shots. Someone has to clear guys from the front of the net and not allow them to do this.
    Dog House Class of 2003

"Puh Pah Playoffs!...You talk about playoffs?... You kiddin' me? Playoffs?"

55-622-73-35-418, I'm on FIRE!

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Husky Victory! View Post
      Hey Fellas,

While you're working on the PP this week, some of the PK guys need to take responsibility for clearing out opposing players from the front of the net. Both of Merrimack's first 2 goals were scored because there was a guy parked right in front of Chris for a prolonged period of time. He never saw either of those shots. Someone has to clear guys from the front of the net and not allow them to do this.
      They scored because our PK is as non-aggressive as it gets. At this level of hockey, if you let snipers walk in with 2 months to pick their spot, they will. An effective PK forces the PP to adapt to them, not vice versa.
      Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
      Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Anyone know if the ticket office is going to offer season ticket holders first dibs on tix for the outdoor game? If so anyone know when that would be?
        2004-2005 D-II/III Last Person Standing Co-Champion

Comment

shhh... quietly working on the powerplay.. right?

G'luck this weekend, team.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

0 for whatever.. again on the powerplay.
            Giving up the go ahead goal with 3 secs left in regulation.. ugh
            The struggle continues...
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

omg, another heartbreaking NU loss, I sat my near 45 yo *** with the NU students tonight, it was fun..Rawlings stood on his head, but lets face it your not going to win any hockey games you get outshot in 37 to 15. The team has big fundamental issues, and its simply not worth my time to discuss it here. If they win 8 games I will be surprised and if they win 10 I would be delighted, all things considered they battled but are not talented enough, D-Fence is lacking and some of these guys can't skate for ****. They look lost and not well coached, too many mistakes to count. Still it was fun to watch Chris put on a clinic, and aside form the PP goal winner with 4 seconds left he was the star of the game. However, the fact is this aside form Rawlings, Dongara, the better 1/2 of the twin brothers, Sap, Qualier and Ferriero not one of the guys on our team would even play on the BC team they would all be rafter hangers.. Sorry that's the sad truth. The score was 2 to 1 but it really could have been 6 to 1. If not for a stellar performance by CR, we would not have been in it at all. We really need to think about starting from scratch here, we can finish 5th or 6th but really who gives a fat rats ***, 6th is no accomplishment., its just another year of NU hockey, in a land of the haves and have not’s. I will say that my $10 ticket and free parking provided $100 worth of value. Next up Vermont and because they suck this year perhaps we can get 2 points, but unless there is a Godly intervention in February we may be waiting for that “Beanpot” for some time ..why? .Lack of Offence. No “O” and poor “D” will keep us buried in the mediocrity for the umpteenth time. In the meantime we will be the #1 team in fun to watch contests, that may be kept close but will not yield many points.
              Last edited by RossiRules; 11-11-2011, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Tough lose with only seconds left. Sounds like the Huskies hung tough. Getting a penalty late was a back breaker.
                Go Pioneers!

Comment

BTW, the trash cans in the Alumni Club were removed becase sombody threw a cigerette butt in one and it smoked up..so they are gone for now you all will have to walk back to the bar. I am getting this from my custodial pal who I asked when I saw him at the BC game tonight.
                  Last edited by RossiRules; 11-11-2011, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Massachusetts law states that smoking is illegal in a workplace....or is the Varsity Club a "private club" and exempt? Seems to me there is only one individual who smokes in the Varsity club and no one says Dik to him. Anyway, if smoking is allowed in the club i'll bring my cigars, otherwise bring back the god****ed trash cans so people can throw stuff away.
                    Dog House Class of 2003

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                      aside form Rawlings, Dongara, the better 1/2 of the twin brothers, Sap, Qualier and Ferriero not one of the guys on our team would even play on the BC team they would all be rafter hangers.
                      supposing this is true, i would argue that having 6 players good enough for roster spots on a loaded bc team means NU does have talent
                      my huskies > your huskies

Comment

Just crunched some numbers... So far this season Northeastern is being outshot 336-215. The team is 2-44 on the power play with 48 shots. That's just the slightest bit over 1 shot per PP opportunity. Yikes. Clearly something has to be done about the PP and shot taking/shot blocking. Need a win tonight at zoomass.
                        Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

Comment

Originally posted by DieHardDog View Post
                          Just crunched some numbers... So far this season Northeastern is being outshot 336-215. The team is 2-44 on the power play with 48 shots. That's just the slightest bit over 1 shot per PP opportunity. Yikes. Clearly something has to be done about the PP and shot taking/shot blocking. Need a win tonight at zoomass.
                          Yikes!!! Sometimes statistics DON"T lie.

Comment

Great effort by NU last night at BC. It seems like one way or the other it's always a struggle against you guys. Kudos on another strong effort.
                            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                            BC - 12
                            BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

No more expectations this year. Just hope we get 8 seed and steal the Beanpot.
                              Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                              Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Two words: Not Good.
                                Dog House Class of 2003

Comment

Working...
                                X