Yale Bulldogs Hockey 2011 -2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yale Bulldogs Hockey 2011 -2012

Time to begin the 2011-2012 regular season thread. We have some major talent returning, but with 9 frosh on the team,the 2011-2012 games will be interesting. Good luck to all in the ECAC and NCAA, have a great season!
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Re: Yale Bulldogs Hockey 2011 -2012

With Peel nursing an injury and defensive recruit Adam Thompson MIA the Yale blue line looks thin going into the season.

Comment

What happened to Thompson? Is the Peel injury serious?
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Yale's first practice is a week from today (Oct. 15) at 6 p.m. A couple players deleted from the roster: Jesse Hudkins, who battled injuries his whole career at Yale. Also, freshman defenseman Adam Thompson, who left for personal medical reasons. It's unclear whether he'll return to Yale. But he won't be here this season.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
          Yale's first practice is a week from today (Oct. 15) at 6 p.m. A couple players deleted from the roster: Jesse Hudkins, who battled injuries his whole career at Yale. Also, freshman defenseman Adam Thompson, who left for personal medical reasons. It's unclear whether he'll return to Yale. But he won't be here this season.
          Thanks for the update. Any news on Peel?
          Go Blue!

Comment

My favorite sign

Comment

Blue-White scrimmage originally scheduled for tonight has been moved to tomorrow at 4:15 due to midterms. Per KA, it's open to the public....
              Go Blue!

Comment

Cool. Anyone planning to go?

Comment

Yale recruiting class ranked among nation's best by Inside College Hockey: http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/INCH.htm

Comment

Sean Backman is playing for the Bridgeport CT Sound tigers of the AHL, two assists in 5 gp so far. might have to get down there one night.
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Sean Backman is playing for the Bridgeport CT Sound tigers of the AHL, two assists in 5 gp so far. might have to get down there one night.
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

Went to the scrimmage tonight. Waterloo won, 2-1. We put 40 shots on goal (or almost 40 - I don't remember the exact total), but many of them were of bad quality. It was really interesting to see players like Danny Otto and Brad Peltz in the lineup (they were basically healthy scratches all last year). Andrew Miller is still a beautiful passer, and Nick Maricic won the starting job. Freshman Nick Weberg played on the top line with O'Neill (who was off tonight) and Miller. There were moments of great individual hustle, but this team still has a lot of work to do.

Comment

As I stated in the scoreboard thread, Yale looked small and young. There were many flashes of brilliance but the size and defense as well as the Waterloo goalie were too much for the mostly inexperienced Eli's to overcome.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

Hi LT and all the other Yale fans!

I'm really looking forward to the season, too. It will be interesting to see whether we can keep building on the past few years accomplishments or whether this will be one of those take a step back years...Well, I guess that's why they play the games...We'll just have to see.

LT, I hear you on size and age/experience, but I do have some questions...There are seven seniors and six juniors on the roster...how can you say we are young? I know a couple of the upperclassmen haven't played much in the past few years (Otto), but most have...not sure we can blame age/experience, atleast not yet!

On size, I'm kinda with you. Looking at the roster, there are 10 guys listed at 5'9" or less and 3 at 5'11". My sense is that heights for small guys are almost always inflated by an inch or two and if that's the case we have an exceptionally small team. I hope the refs let the small guys skate this year...

Defense in particular may be an area of concern. We only roster seven D and only two are seniors, Peel being one of them. What's the latest word on him? Is he still injured? The D is small, too, with only 3 of the 7 listed at over 6' and 200 lbs. And one of those guys (Killian) is a freshman.

Also, looking at the roster, the sophmore class is down to 5 guys, only 2 of whom got meaningful minutes last year. Did we lose some guys from the originally recruited class?

Oh well, lotsa questions. Allain has been a great coach so I'm going to be optimistic that he can mold a winning team with what he's got. Looking forward to the games!

Eph

Comment

Games this weekend available in new haven area on radio? Or even better TV?
                              -------------
                              Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Working...
                              X