Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From the NCAA News 9/28/11 - increased squad size NCAA Tourny.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the NCAA News 9/28/11 - increased squad size NCAA Tourny.

From the NCAA News (sidebar)
    Squad size: The Division III Championships Committee earlier had suggested that growth in the number of student-athletes taking part in the championships experience come through increasing the squad size and travel party for participating teams. Funding the previously approved extra bench spots is at the institution’s expense for the 2011-12 championship year, since additional personnel above and beyond the squad size and travel party are not reimbursed by the NCAA. If championship policy were to be approved that increases the squad size per the committee’s recommendation, though, those increases in subsequent years would be fully funded. The proposed increases from the committee are in the following sports:

Men’s and women’s ice hockey (squad size from 21 to 23 for the 2013 championships; bench area remains at 27 for the 2012 championships due to current playing rules).
    And getting the women's championship to mirror the men's:
    Supported the finals of the Division III Women’s Ice Hockey Championship being held at a predetermined site on a one-year trial basis for 2013. The championship is one of the few not held at a predetermined site currently. The Division III Women’s Ice Hockey Committee will evaluate whether future championships should be held at predetermined or non-predetermined sites.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: From the NCAA News 9/28/11 - increased squad size NCAA Tourny.

Maybe Lake Placid for both, on same weekend?
    Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
      Maybe Lake Placid for both, on same weekend?
      Everyone is stealing my idea originally posted here: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post5211797

The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        Everyone is stealing my idea originally posted here: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post5211797

At least I gave you credit.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          At least I gave you credit.
          That you did Joe. You're a gentleman and scholar.

How's redlight these days?
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

I gave you !!!
            Go 'Wick!

Comment

check the avatar.

Along with Bobby Vorse, and Joe Buicko they're practicing French (or Franglais)
              Last edited by joecct; 09-30-2011, 03:11 PM.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

From the NCAA News (sidebar)

And getting the women's championship to mirror the men's:
                So, they're proposing allowing allowing a team to dress an extra players in the championship? Or am I reading this all wrong.

I ask simply because... well, that's what the ACHA has done for some time.
                Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                  So, they're proposing allowing allowing a team to dress an extra players in the championship? Or am I reading this all wrong.

I ask simply because... well, that's what the ACHA has done for some time.
                  Yep -- it appears that beginning in 2013 D-III teams will be able to dress 23. I am assuming 20 skaters and 3 goaltenders. Some of those extra players will be "pining" to get in.

Nate - will you be coming down to the DC Area again this year?
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Yep -- it appears that beginning in 2013 D-III teams will be able to dress 23. I am assuming 20 skaters and 3 goaltenders. Some of those extra players will be "pining" to get in.

Nate - will you be coming down to the DC Area again this year?
                    No, not this year. We're still opening our season with a weekend pair against UMBC (this weekend... in fact, our first game is in a little less than 5 hours). My guess would be we'll probably be heading down to Baltimore again next October, but don't quote me on that.

On topic: What the ACHA does, at least in Division 2 (which is the division with which I am most familiar), is that teams may dress 18 skaters and 3 goaltenders or 19 skaters and 2 goaltenders. But once you're into regionals, nationals, and any conference tournaments, that rule becomes 19-3 or 20-2. That's not the only rule that changes when we hit the postseason: We have 4x4 OTs, but revert to 5x5 in the postseason.
                    Last edited by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh; 09-30-2011, 03:48 PM.
                    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Working...
                    X