Hockey East 2011 - 2012 :

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockey East 2011 - 2012 :

The season is upon us. What do people have for thoughts, predictions, disparaging remarks?

To start off I compiled the (very few) predictions from the off-season thread.

1st : Boston University
    Offseason thread average ranking 1.5
    My Pick : 2nd in HE....should be first, but Parker throws someone under the bus and someone else out the door. Team moral suffers and despite the overall talent no one really cares.

2nd : Boston College
    Offseason thread average ranking 2.17
    My Pick : 1st in HE....Milner is a capable back up and despite the loss of Atkinson and others its Jerry ****ing York.

3rd : University of New Hampshire
    Offseason thread average ranking 2.67
    My Pick : 3rd in HE....Tough call, the smart money says UNH finishes at the top, but....

4th : Merrimack
    Offseason thread average ranking 4.333
    My Pick : 5th in HE....This is a big year for the Mack. Was recent success a result of one recruit? Or is this program really on the up and up?

5th-6th : Vermont
    Offseason thread average ranking 5.83
    My Pick : 4th.... Yeah I have a bias, but the outgoing class was average. No big losses and Madore sticks around with a more mature offense.

5th-6th : Northeastern
    Offseason thread average ranking 5.83
    My Pick : 7th...Caveat, the off-season thread picks were done well before Cronin's departure and the exodus of recruits.

7th : Maine
    Offseason thread average ranking 6.33
    My Pick : 6th....Whose in goal? Who is going to pick up the offense? Can Timmay coach up the players...never mind. Despite the crackheads at USCHO that placed UMO 16th in the preseason poll, things look bleak to me in Maine this season.

8th : UMass
    Offseason thread average ranking 8.16
    My Pick : 9th.... With PD gone between the pipes what exactly does Toot have going for him? MacDonald as an assistant?

9th : Lowell
    Offseason thread average ranking 9th
    My Pick : 8th.... Lowell passes the trash to Amherst and as a result moves up a spot to make the Tourney. UMLGoon stays in hibernation for another year.

10th : Providence
    Offseason thread average ranking 9.17
    My Pick : 10th....Providence actually received votes in the USCHO poll putting them ahead of UMASS, UML, UVM. Rumor has it that Jon and Candyvan were voters this year.
    Last edited by jcarter7669; 09-27-2011, 10:30 AM.
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Re: Hockey East 2011 - 2012 :

BC sucks.
    Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
      BC sucks.
      I see the league breaking out into 4 levels.

1-2 BC/BU -even though BC still sucks

3-4 UNH/Merrihack

5-6 Maine/UVM

7-10 - UMASS,PC, UML

I feel like every tier is a toss up between the teams within each one so BC or BU could win the conference , Merrimack and UNH will finish 3,4 in some order etc
      GO BU

Comment

BU should be 10th, Parker is an old hack who can't coach and changes the lines too often.
        time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
          7th : Maine
          Offseason thread average ranking 6.33
          My Pick : 6th....Whose in goal? Who is going to pick up the offense? Can Timmay coach up the players...never mind. Despite the crackheads at USCHO that placed UMO 16th in the preseason poll, things look bleak to me in Maine this season.
          For the record, I think maybe you're confusing the crackheads at USCHO that picked UNH's goalie as the best goalie in the country for the crackheads that are NOT at USCHO that vote in their poll and picked Maine 16th (they probably would be 16th in the country if we had 20 teams left in D1 and Uconn, American International, Mercyhurst, and Canisius were 4 of the 20) . Digiorno can't even make a good pizza and now he's the best goalie in the country? Pfffffft.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
            bu should be 10th, parker is an old hack who can't coach and throws kids off the team (for studying) too often.
            fyp.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              fyp.
              Just another reason why he's an idiot. Glad we agree. If he were the head of the ACC, he'd have invited Mt. Ida College and Northeastern thinking that'd solidify them as a solid 14 team football conference. Would've been a homer and gone with BU, but, you know, Silber and all.
              time to write new history

Comment

Like everyone else in hockey east who is not a bu fan I hate Jack Parker. However, BU is like the Yankees anytime they have a poor year the complain and will het their typical bounces and do well. Here is my Hockey East rankings for this year.

1. BU
                2. BC
                3. UNH
                4. Merrimack
                5. Vermont
                6. Maine
                7. Northeastern
                8. Providence
                9. U Mass
                10. U Mass Lowell
                Rinks Visited
                DCU Center
                Tulley Forum
                TD Garden
                Tsongas Arena
                J. Thom Lawler Arena
                Conte Forum
                Whittemore Center
                Agganis Arena
                Verizon Center
                Gutterson Fieldhouse
                Matthews Arena
                Thompson Arena
                Mullins Center
                Alfond Arena
                Schneider Arena
                Magness Arena
                Ingallas Arena
                Hart Center
                Prudential Center
                TD Bank Sports Center
                John A Ryan
                Lynah Rink
                Appleton Arena
                Cheel Arena
                Germain Arena
                XL Center
                Class of 1965 Arena

Comment

Interesting doings at HE Media Day--more TV, possible expansion w/fewer league games--reported by Mike McMahon.
                  http://***********/#!/MikeMcMahonET

Coaches poll has BC, then BU, UNH, Maine, Merrimack.
                  http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/.../sep27poll.php
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    For the record, I think maybe you're confusing the crackheads at USCHO that picked UNH's goalie as the best goalie in the country for the crackheads that are NOT at USCHO that vote in their poll and picked Maine 16th (they probably would be 16th in the country if we had 20 teams left in D1 and Uconn, American International, Mercyhurst, and Canisius were 4 of the 20) . Digiorno can't even make a good pizza and now he's the best goalie in the country? Pfffffft.
                    Hey, I actually like Digiornos!

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                    Interesting doings at HE Media Day--more TV, possible expansion w/fewer league games--reported by Mike McMahon.
                    http://***********/#!/MikeMcMahonET

Coaches poll has BC, then BU, UNH, Maine, Merrimack.
                    http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/.../sep27poll.php
                    OK let me preface this by saying I have not been a fan of Joe Bertagna, but I'm all for more TV coverage and adding teams if it means reducing the total amount of conference games.

Comment

OK...just tossing this against the wall.
                      If we end up stuck with Notre Dame in Hockey East, what are the odds Bertagna takes Bowling Green as well?

Which team in the AHA or ECAC "brings value" (Bertagna's phrase) to Hockey East? UConn? Holy Cross? RPI?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        If we end up stuck with Notre Dame in Hockey East, what are the odds Bertagna takes Bowling Green as well?

Which team in the AHA or ECAC "brings value" (Bertagna's phrase) to Hockey East? UConn? Holy Cross? RPI?
                        Not sure if you read the link above, but I guess the rumor is RPI would be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Not sure if you read the link above, but I guess the rumor is RPI would be interested.
                          I have read that, but what extra value do they bring? Is HE looking to expand into western NY? I don't see that anyone brings value to the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post

If UCONN gets their conference situation figured out in the next few months they would seem like the obvious choice.

They would get an increase in revenue and hopefully put some of that into the hockey program.

Comment

BU wishes they sucked like BC.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                              X