Hockey East 2011 - 2012 :

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hockey East 2011 - 2012 :

RPI would probably jump at the chance to go to HE. They are D-3 in all other sports, does that matter to HE?

Comment

On second thought, even if ND stays west, maybe we can work out a trade with the ECAC - RPI for Merrimack and a player to be named later.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett View Post
        The market for UMO is exponentially larger than the market for RPI.
        For lumber that is true.

Comment

Quite a few RPI alums live in the HEA market area and the RPI fanbase travels pretty well to away games, so I dont see other than the whole D3 thing getting some other members of HEA in a huff why RPI to HEA is a bad thing? You start to tap into the Albany market which is starting to rebound thanks to the new investments made by AMD and other globally known technology companies. Im sure some of those workers graduated from HEA schools and wouldnt mind see his or her alma mater come to Troy and play.
          Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

I was for RPI to Hockey East until I realized that'd mean more Red Cloud showing up in threads. Nobody wants that.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
              Quite a few RPI alums live in the HEA market area and the RPI fanbase travels pretty well to away games, so I dont see other than the whole D3 thing getting some other members of HEA in a huff why RPI to HEA is a bad thing? You start to tap into the Albany market which is starting to rebound thanks to the new investments made by AMD and other globally known technology companies. Im sure some of those workers graduated from HEA schools and wouldnt mind see his or her alma mater come to Troy and play.
              I don't think anyone is "in a huff" I asked why RPI to HEA would be a good thing and people have responded positively.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                RPI would probably jump at the chance to go to HE. They are D-3 in all other sports, does that matter to HE?
                Considering that RPI had at least two previous invites to HE, it isn't clear that they would jump at an invite. The admins at the 'Tute have always enjoyed the connection to the Ivies, and three of the other ECAC schools (Clarkson, SLU, and Union) are in our all-sports league . OTOH, it certainly could finally happen this time.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                  I don't think anyone is "in a huff" I asked why RPI to HEA would be a good thing and people have responded positively.
                  Sorry getting mixed up between reaction here and on twitter. So far everyone here has been pretty open to the idea..
                  Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                    RPI was in eastern NY when I went to the BU-RPI game last year.

Sean
                    yeah, but there really isnt a western or eastern NY, it's all "upstate" above Westchester County..........UNH wins Hockey East (regular season) with BU,BC and Mack fighting for second PC makes the biggest improvement

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      I was for RPI to Hockey East until I realized that'd mean more Red Cloud showing up in threads. Nobody wants that.
                      I'm harmless. Just a cute, lovable fuzzball - or at the very least, better than half of the regular Hockey East comment crowd. Oy vey.
                      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Good point. But look at the bright side, it would also mean BC beating his team 2 times a year for a long time and would make RPI even easier to make fun of (if that is possible). They would be pretty similar to Vermont I think.

And if you thought we needed to disinfect Conte after visits from the BU fanboys and hillbillies from Maine and New Hampshire, can you imagine how much Lysol will be needed after Red Cloud shows up?
                        Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 09-28-2011, 08:40 AM.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Jack Parker would probably want it so he can try to take off his list another team that is undefeated at Agganis.

Comment

If we had to take red cloud and RPI to get Notre Dame then the Fighting Irish should go stay out west. That's a terrible deal.

UAH should apply though. It's not like getting turned down would be any worse then right now.
                            Originally posted by Hokydad
                            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

What about Quinnipiac? They are at D-1 and have a brand new arena and seem to be active about promoting their sports teams.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                                If we had to take red cloud and RPI to get Notre Dame then the Fighting Irish should go stay out west. That's a terrible deal.
                                You have your cause and effect reversed.
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X