Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hockey East 2011 - 2012 :

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    I have read that, but what extra value do they bring? Is HE looking to expand into western NY? I don't see that anyone brings value to the conference.
    RPI was in eastern NY when I went to the BU-RPI game last year.

Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
    BU Hockey highlights and extras
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      BU wishes they sucked like BC.
      We definitely suck more than you.

With respect to UConn as a possible addition, the athletic department there has shown absolutely no interest over the years in doing anything to upgrade the program. A new arena would have to be built, a new coach hired, better strength and conditioning facilities, etc. Possibly with a new AD this may happen, but the basketball practice facility is priority #1 in terms of construction, and of course, they're floating in the wind right now with the conference stuff, and if they're forced to stay in the Big East, could be royally screwed in all programs. As it stands now, they'd be a terrible addition to Hockey East.

Also, priceless, RPI isn't exactly "western" New York.
      time to write new history

Comment

I have read that, but what extra value do they bring? Is HE looking to expand into western NY? I don't see that anyone brings value to the conference.
        For the 23473498567th time, RPI is NOT the Rochester Institute of Technology. -_-

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post

Sean
          What is RPI's location according to your "database"?
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            For the 23473498567th time, RPI is NOT the Rochester Institute of Technology. -_-
            Priceless slip or the price of irrelevance?
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
              Also, priceless, RPI isn't exactly "western" New York.
              Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post

Sean
              Anything outside NYC is western NY

I see what Hockey East brings to UConn, but what value does UConn bring to Hockey East? RPI gets Hockey East into the Albany market (as if such things mattered in college hockey) and maintain the "bus league" with the notable exception of those outliers in Indiana.

Comment

Originally posted by nick papagiorgio View Post
                what is rpi's location according to your "database"?
                Excellent

Comment

As opposed to the mecca that is northeast Maine? What exactly does Orono, ME bring to anything besides unemployment and deodorant?

I love these genius Hockey East threads.
                  Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                    As opposed to the mecca that is northeast Maine? What exactly does Orono, ME bring to anything besides unemployment and deodorant?

The market for UMO is exponentially larger than the market for RPI.
                    BOSTON UNIVERSITY TERRIERS
                    CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY SPARTANS

UNH - 1985 NCAA Women's Lacrosse Champions!

2003-2004 D-III Tournament of Posters Champion
                    2010 NFL Survival Pool Champion
                    2014 NFL Survival Pool Co-Champion

Comment

As opposed to the mecca that is northeast Maine? What exactly does Orono, ME bring to anything besides unemployment and deodorant that doesn't work?

fyp
                      time to write new history

Comment

If you go a little further north, a 75 MPH speed limit (starting I believe in a couple weeks).

Comment

Since we're relatively new to HE, my opinion probably doesn't count for much, but at least RPI brings a rich college hockey tradition, as opposed to UConn's complete lack thereof. RPI has a nat'l championship in the not-too-distant past (a team that I can actually remember) and a program that's on the upswing. I'd be psyched to have ND & RPI.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                            Since we're relatively new to HE, my opinion probably doesn't count for much, but at least RPI brings a rich college hockey tradition, as opposed to UConn's complete lack thereof. RPI has a nat'l championship in the not-too-distant past (a team that I can actually remember) and a program that's on the upswing. I'd be psyched to have ND & RPI.
                            As UVM had a good rivalry with RPI and they were even travel partners back in the day, it makes sense you'd be psyched to have RPI join HE.

Sean
                            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                            BU Hockey highlights and extras
                            NCAA Hockey Financials
                            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                              Good news! Your opinion counts just as much as mine!
                              Bad news: My opinion is just as relevant to the situation as those polls (poles) are to the NCAA Tournament field next March.

Comment

Hi everyone.

Just posting this link to a piece we did at Without a Peer back in July about the pros and cons for an RPI to Hockey East move for both RPI and Hockey East

http://www.withoutapeer.com/2011/07/wagons-east.html

Of course, none of this matters at all if Notre Dame goes to the NCHC, which they very well might.

Just some food for thought. Enjoy the discussion.
                                Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X