Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2011-12

Austin Smith is on the main page of collegehockeynews.com today,

and this story was also published.
    Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
      Not very large(around 2000) It's the same architects that developed Agganis(BU) they said last year. Why are they starting the fundraising now, what HAVE they been doing for the last 3-4 years ? Happy to get "some" news on it.
      Great to hear about a new facility, but....geez....IMHO 2000 is a bit small, when you fugure this has to last many, many years and who knows what hockey will draw in the future (especially if we are ranked every year and start pulling in fans from the Utica/Syracuse area + locals). I would have thought something closer to 2500-3000 better for us. I do like the BU Agganis rink as a template.
      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

2300 is plenty to create a buzz for tickets and the sell out possibility. Need a crazy student section that is sadly missing from Starr. Please distribute a video of the Cornell students to all Gate students now that football has ended.

Like the Smith Wilson Wagner line nicknamed the SWWag line.
        The season opens in NEBRASKA!

Comment

I hope at least 2500 or 27-2800. We used to get 3000 at the pre 1990 Starr(Clarkson Harvard Cornell and playoffs).
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I am thankful for free live video for tomorrow night's game. Go 'Gate!
            Colgate '09

Comment

Great job Rainman...I never would have known about this !!! Thanks again !

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                I hope at least 2500 or 27-2800. We used to get 3000 at the pre 1990 Starr(Clarkson Harvard Cornell and playoffs).
                Ah!...I remember it well back in the day. Games lasted three hours, pucks could be frozen against the boards for minutes, fights were an every game occurance, stands were full of (drunk) students, liquor was allowed into rink, etc. Things have changed,... not all for the better

Happy T'giving to all!

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I am thankful for free live video for tomorrow night's game. Go 'Gate!
                  Awesome -- thanks, Rainman!

Comment

Very cool -- watching on my flat screen. Colgate wins 4-1 -- nice job, boys!!

Comment

Good night for the ECAC. Thanks Colgate for doing your part.
                      . . . still crazy after all these years. . .

Comment

With tonight's victory over Vermont, we have now earned at least 1 victory against each collegiate hockey conference. Also, we go 5-2 for the month of November.

Took advantage of the free video (along with an HDMI cable/adapter I bought today on Black Friday) to view the game on my flat-screen TV. It was worth it. Looked a bit sloppy in the 1st but we made up for it in the 2nd and 3rd periods. Our two 2nd period goals were well-timed. A shorty by Chris Wagner less than 2 min. into the period, then the eventual game-winner by Joe Wilson with <1 min to go before the intermission. These are the kind of goals that can be back-breakers when you yield them. In 14 games now we have 5, yes FIVE shorthanded goals. In the 3rd period it was the Matt Firman show, scoring twice to give us an insurance goal then seal the victory. Firman's 2nd goal (to make it 4-1) was with <2 min to go in the 3rd, with UVM's goalie still between the pipes. Basically, this was your step-on-the-throat-of-the-enemy type of goal putting the nail in the coffin. Good teams do that to other teams when they have them on the ropes.

Also have to give credit to Alex Evin for another solid performance in goal. He made 32 saves and has a GAA of under 2 for the season. Looks like we might have some competition in the crease this year.
                        Colgate '09

Comment

Evin leads the country in Save % .951 and third in GAA 1.38 . Great game last night.
                          Last edited by sshablak; 11-26-2011, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Another great game by Evin.Congratulations to the team on playing as a team and working hard. Just wondering about the new arena... Any thoughts as to design features that will help draw fans? I like the Clarkson idea of combining student facilities with the arena. They have function rooms for bands and restaurants in the arena building. Students are going there for recreation so why not a hockey game on the night out? Also, anything like the alumni/boosters rooms you find at most new arenas (BU) or remodels (Yale). Don't need anything fancy but while asking alums and boosters to pony up for the facility, why not create a special part of the facility to recognize their contributions? I know Yale serves adult beverages in their alum room.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodstick View Post
                              Another great game by Evin.Congratulations to the team on playing as a team and working hard. Just wondering about the new arena... Any thoughts as to design features that will help draw fans? I like the Clarkson idea of combining student facilities with the arena. They have function rooms for bands and restaurants in the arena building. Students are going there for recreation so why not a hockey game on the night out? Also, anything like the alumni/boosters rooms you find at most new arenas (BU) or remodels (Yale). Don't need anything fancy but while asking alums and boosters to pony up for the facility, why not create a special part of the facility to recognize their contributions? I know Yale serves adult beverages in their alum room.
                              Clarkson actually opened a new student center last year which means the students don't go to Cheel for recreation beyond hockey and free skate much anymore, at least according to my sister. Even the mailroom moved.

Comment

With Miami beating Providence (and DU besting Princeton) they now face Denver. This should be good news for us in the PWR, as we are tied for 13th with DU. If Miami wins, wouldn't that provide a good boost for us?

Comment

Working...
                                X