X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >>>>> RIT Tigers 2011-2012 <<<<< Dreaming is Done, Time to ROAR

Originally posted by Chris Lerch View Post
    Going D-I in all sports is not just about the money. What leagues will the other sports play in? Realistically, you've got the MAAC, the Patriot League and the Atlantic 10. I don't think you'll see a move before a deal is worked out to join a conference, which is easier said than done.
    Well there's also the question of whether it's even a good idea.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Looked like RIT only dressed 5 defensemen: Haltigan, Descoteaux, Eckenswiller, Spivak, Raibl? Is that to allow all 3 goalies playing time?
      RIT Tigers
      Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
      Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
      Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
        Looked like RIT only dressed 5 defensemen: Haltigan, Descoteaux, Eckenswiller, Spivak, Raibl? Is that to allow all 3 goalies playing time?
        This would make sense. Cino was a scratch, and we know he's definitely going to be starting come next week.

I'm extremely interested in the goalie situation right now. Of the three last night, Ruby looked the strongest by far. Watson only faced a handful of shots but I still thought he looked a little questionable, and Madolora was pretty much what we expect, not flashy but very solid. I have a feeling that Madolora and Watson will be platooning like Madolora/Jani did last year, because they are the upper classmen, but I'd really like to see Ruby get a start in the next two weeks.
        RIT

Comment

I would guess so but in an exhibition game, you're allowed 21 players on the bench so there's probably another reason.

NCAA Rule Book:

Players in Uniform
          SECTION 3. a. At the beginning of each game, the coach of each team
          shall list the players and goalkeepers who shall be eligible to play in the
          game. A maximum of 18 players, plus not more than three nor less than
          two goalkeepers, shall be permitted; and a captain shall be designated.
          In exhibition games, 21 skaters and as many as three goalkeepers are
          allowed.
          PENALTY—Bench Minor.

Monty Python Rule Book:

Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hockey Puck of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall glove it.
          RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
            This would make sense. Cino was a scratch, and we know he's definitely going to be starting come next week.

I'm extremely interested in the goalie situation right now. Of the three last night, Ruby looked the strongest by far. Watson only faced a handful of shots but I still thought he looked a little questionable, and Madolora was pretty much what we expect, not flashy but very solid. I have a feeling that Madolora and Watson will be platooning like Madolora/Jani did last year, because they are the upper classmen, but I'd really like to see Ruby get a start in the next two weeks.
            I think coach has a real tough choice. I thought all 3 goalies played very well. I really liked what I saw from Ruby. He is large and very athletic so it looks we don't have to worry about the goalie position any time in the near future.

On a side note I was disappointed in all the 3rd period penalties. A team, with the lead, just should not take penalties like that
            RIT Tigers

Comment

I think coach has a real tough choice. I thought all 3 goalies played very well. I really liked what I saw from Ruby. He is large and very athletic so it looks we don't have to worry about the goalie position any time in the near future.
              What choice are you talking about? Are you suggesting that Madalora might not be the number 1 out of the gate, based on one exhibition game? He had a monster year last season, no way he isn't your number one.
              RIT Tiger Hockey
              Cinderella is dancing again!

Comment

Originally posted by dpm105 View Post
                What choice are you talking about? Are you suggesting that Madalora might not be the number 1 out of the gate, based on one exhibition game? He had a monster year last season, no way he isn't your number one.
                Yeah, I really think people need to stop questioning the goaltender situation. Yes we have 3 goalies with the ability to do fairly well up to incredible, but it's Madolora's position and it's not going to anyone else anytime soon.
                2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2010 Frozen Four/National Semi-Finalists!
                2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2011 (Dec) Catamount Cup Champions!

Comment

Well if you subtract the first 20 minutes of the game I think RIT played very well last night, all thought passing and timing was rusty but will come with time. Nice to see Colavecchia get a goal, have to wonder where he is mentally this season. Would like to see more shots on odd man rushes, too many extra passes and the passes were a bit erratic but that will come in time. RIT has the forward that if they can get loose down low will score goals. Better passing will be a big key against Niagara.

Ruby put on a show, I know it was only one game, but what a preview! BTW who did the three stars you got it wrong.

Should have been:

3) Mads
                  2) Watson
                  1) Ruby!

Yes the Job will be Mads to start, and he has the ability to keep it all year, but if he stumbles at all during the season there are two very good goaltenders behind him...
                  Last edited by Tom Naeger; 10-02-2011, 03:47 PM.
                  Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                  The Mule
                  Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Madolora will be the #1 goaltender. He earned that last year. Rudy played great, and seemed to live up to the hype, but it was an exhibition. I wouldn't be surprised if Rudy and/or Watson got some early playing time.
                    2010 Frozen Four participant

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by dpm105 View Post
                      I wasn't inferring there was a goal tending controversy in terms of who is number 1. Coach Wilson will have to determine how much time he wants to give the number 2, and who the number 2 is. Don't forget Menard ended up splitting time with DeMichael his senior year when DeMichael proved he was ready for more time
                      RIT Tigers

Comment

Wilson could have used all players because the game was an exhibition. The ones that didn't play were either injured or in the case of Saracino and Potts, scratched for disciplinary reasons. I would expect to see them, Noyes and McGowan on Saturday. Gordon has left the team and Brownell has a more serious injury. Smith got banged up last night. He might be out.

Comment

Madolora starts Saturday, no doubt in my mind. Beyond that, who knows. Last year there were several early non-conference games that allowed for experimentation (Waton at UNO, Yan at Cornell). Wilson did say that all three would get their chance and he may even go with a two-man rotation. But one will on the outside looking in baring injury.

Comment

The word is Notre Dame will announce a move to Hockey East on Wednesday. HE will then most likely poach a team from ECAC, probably RPI or Quinnipiac. That opens a spot in ECAC and I think RIT goes for it. Your heard it here first - RIT in ECAC in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Lerch View Post
                              Wilson could have used all players because the game was an exhibition. The ones that didn't play were either injured or in the case of Saracino and Potts, scratched for disciplinary reasons. I would expect to see them, Noyes and McGowan on Saturday. Gordon has left the team and Brownell has a more serious injury. Smith got banged up last night. He might be out.
                              What info do you have on Cino and Potts? What disciplinary punishments have been given?
                              2010 Frozen Four/National Semi-Finalists!
                              2011 (Dec) Catamount Cup Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by redhotzep96 View Post
                                What info do you have on Cino and Potts? What disciplinary punishments have been given?
                                That info is never made public, no should it. Most likely broke team rules. Them not playing was their punishment.
                                2010 Frozen Four participant

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Working...
                                X