X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT Tigers 2011-2012 <<<<< Dreaming is Done, Time to ROAR

Tigers pick up another recruit for 2012-2013:

F - Josh Mitchell, Osoyoos, B.C - 3/21/1991 - 5'11" 170lbs - Alberni Valley BCHL

SEASON TEAM GP G A PTS P/G PPG SHG PIM
    2011 - 2012 Alberni Valley Bulldogs 13 2 10 12 0.9 1 0 10
    2010 - 2011 Alberni Valley Bulldogs 58 17 45 62 1.1 5 2 34
    2009 - 2010 Alberni Valley Bulldogs 56 3 15 18 0.3 0 0 12
    2008 - 2009 Salmon Arm Silverbacks 3 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0
    CAREER TOTALS 130 22 70 92 0.7 6 2 56

This brings the Tigers recruiting for next season up to 4 players

F Josh Mitchell - Alberni Valley - BCHL
    F Dan Schuler - Powell River - BCHL
    F Woody Hudson - Indiana - USHL
    D Rajan Sidhu - Drumheller - AJHL

Sidhu was traded from Trail of the BCHL to the AJHL last month (10/20) but has not played and has not been added to the Drumheller roster. Makes me wonder if given the Tigers current shortage of D-men he might show on the roster for the 2nd half of the year?
    John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
    AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
    AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
    NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
    NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
    NCAA DII - 1983
    NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

I missed what happened with the fans/cheering. What exactly occurred?
      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2010 Frozen Four/National Semi-Finalists!
      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2011 (Dec) Catamount Cup Champions!

Comment

First Tanev, now Saracino, Tigers lose another brother - http://www.ushl.com/news.php?action=detail&news_id=395
        John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
        AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
        AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
        NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
        NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
        NCAA DII - 1983
        NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Not all younger brothers want to follow someone else's path. Could it be that Providence offered a program of study he preferred, or was a scholarship the issue?

Comment

Mark this down, one of the very few a Democratic congressman and I are in complete agreement on the NCAA...

Lawmaker Compares NCAA to Mafia
            http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...est=latestnews
            Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
            The Mule
            Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Zyklon View Post
              I believe that is supposed to be potts, and it hasn't worked.
              It could be that Potts isn't gelling with the other 2, since McReynolds and Garbowsky seem to work well so far.

If this team starts to play well once Shane comes back I'm going to be furious. For as long as I've been watching this team has suffered from Backup Goalie Syndrome. That is where the team as a whole is lackluster when the non-starting goalie is playing. I know it happened when DeMike backed up Louie and when Louie backed up Guimond. If the team can come out swinging against Army then this team will stay in good standing with me otherwise I will be a very unhappy fan the rest of the season, regardless of what they do.
              RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
                Sidhu was traded from Trail of the BCHL to the AJHL last month (10/20) but has not played and has not been added to the Drumheller roster. Makes me wonder if given the Tigers current shortage of D-men he might show on the roster for the 2nd half of the year?
                Well, if that is the case, he had better hurry and enroll for Winter Quarter (begins Nov-28). If he doesn't do so in time, he won't be able to enroll again until March.
                Can't we all just get along?
                Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
                  The drumheller website seems to indicate that they don't expect him to show... in their week 7 recap they say: "James D'Andrea was dealt to Trail in B.C. in exchange for 20-year-old defenceman Rajan Sidhu, a 3-year Junior "A" veteran. (The scuttlebutt around the rink was that Sidhu likely won't report to the valley, so another deal may be imminent.)"

Comment

For those that aren't in the know this weekend is a hockeygasm weekend. The men are home against Army Fri. and Sat. night while the women are home against Utica Sat. and Sun. afternoon. Can't get much better than a four game weekend at the Ritter.
                    RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

Originally posted by kbranch View Post
                      Refs have had security sent to certain sections before at the Ritter.
                      The original statement was that the Tigers could get a bench minor for an inapropriate chant by their fans.

Nothing is really clear in the rule book and the worst thing I've seen was that guy a few years back that broke the glass (maybe) at the BCA. No penalty was given to the Tigers there but the fan was ejected from the rink.

At UNH, they throw a squid or fish on the ice after a goal but no penalties are given and the rink crew are quickly there to sweep it up.

I guess it's up to the REF's discretion when a team won't police it's fans.
                      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Former Tiger Jared DeMichiel is back at RIT - as a volunteer assistant coach for the women's hockey team. http://ritathletics.com/news/2011/11...102110543.aspx
                        Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                        College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                        Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                        Men's Frozen Four 2010
                        Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                        Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                          The original statement was that the Tigers could get a bench minor for an inapropriate chant by their fans.

Nothing is really clear in the rule book and the worst thing I've seen was that guy a few years back that broke the glass (maybe) at the BCA. No penalty was given to the Tigers there but the fan was ejected from the rink.

At UNH, they throw a squid or fish on the ice after a goal but no penalties are given and the rink crew are quickly there to sweep it up.

I guess it's up to the REF's discretion when a team won't police it's fans.
                          I've talked to a ref about this. It is their discretion. The original post while not stated(my bad) was about how vicious some of the anti-ref cheers got at BCA. Granted I do know some of the old anti-ref cheers and these might have crossed that line at the very least were toeing it.
                          RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Comment

Originally posted by kbranch View Post
                            Refs have had security sent to certain sections before at the Ritter.
                            Where is the ref tunnel at Ritter, and has security had to be posted there at period starts/ends? I know a few other arenas that have had "issues" with this.

Also, it is referee discretion even towards anything the band plays. "Three Blind Mice" has been a target (although it's four blind mice in most cases now) and I'm sure a certain Cee Lo Green song will be next.

Comment

are any of the reserved seat sections generally used for opposition fans?

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                                Former Tiger Jared DeMichiel is back at RIT - as a volunteer assistant coach for the women's hockey team. http://ritathletics.com/news/2011/11...102110543.aspx
                                I'm surprised he's hung up his skates. And that he didn't stick with an ECHL team; Zapolski is on Chicago's roster and Jared's gotta be better than him.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                                X