X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT Tigers 2011-2012 <<<<< Dreaming is Done, Time to ROAR

Originally posted by MattS View Post
    To big of a PR game for the RIT not to win. Hundreds of people that normally don't see RIT or at least not regularly and a new arena needing funding....I am pretty sure that winning on Saturday night helps with a lot of positive PR.
    Apparently it works......

http://www.henriettapost.com/feature...arena-campaign

Here's the company.....

http://www.trans-lu*****/
    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by ken66 View Post
      A very exciting game tonight. We sure got value for our dollar, but it also felt a lot like the game vs UMass-Lowell last year. Much of the contest was sloppy and unorganized on both sides. And, how good can you feel beating an 0-3 team at "home" with a series of truly improbable plays at the end? Take it when you can get, it I guess, but there's lots of work to do. Mitchell's goal reminded me of a similar goal he had last year in overtime at Ritter, splitting the defense and poking it in.
      They may have been 0-3, but they are from a Big-4 conference. So they are theoretically better than most of the teams in AHA regardless. Just about any NC win is big, regardless of opponent, to an AHA team.
      Can't we all just get along?
      Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
        This is actually an old article - that donation was announced back in April. But agreed, a win certainly can't hurt the push for a new arena (as well as selling it out two years in a row).

Comment

Originally posted by RITTechie View Post
          Great game last night, but here are my arguments for the SLU game in 05-06 as the best regular season win, at least in the D1 era:

1) The SLU team in 05-06 was a better team. They came into the Ritter 3-1, including a win and OT loss against Wisconsin, and were ranked 18th. This SLU team is still winless. Nobody expected the win in 05; even the ECAC fans were 50-50 in their predictions this year.

2) The Tigers played their brains out in 05-06 from beginning to end. Last night was a little sloppy, especially the breakdown on defense for the SLU shorty and that really flukey 4th goal that squirted through Shane's pads.

3) Guimond's performance, no offense to Shane or any other Tiger, was simply the most astounding thing I have ever seen a hockey player, forget goalie, do. SLU shelled him, and he turned back just about everything. Remember, we got outshot 68-15 in that game.

As Tom says, just my opinion, I could be wrong.
          IMHO... Certainly, the 2005 victory over SLU was the bigger upset and the most spectacular goaltending performance many of us has ever seen. I guess it is just how one defines "Best Win". The 2005 game was exciting, but the bigger picture was expectedly bleak in that we had a great goalie and a lineup of guys who couldn't keep up with a real D-I team (they may have worked their a**es off, but they looked like Scranton or St. Bonaventure used to look against the Tigers years ago). This win, on the other hand was a truly exciting game between a legitimate D-I Tiger team and a Big-4 opponent, albeit an 0-4 one. It was a great game to watch and was also their first Brick City win and in front of over 10k fans. It was BIG, however you want to slice it. The one thing that really differentiates it from the 2005 win is that RIT belonged in this year's game and didn't rely on magical goaltending to stay in it.
          So, I guess both wins were big in their own ways. I just prefer this one.
          Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by kbranch View Post
            Welcome back Cameron Burt.
            This!

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
              To big of a PR game for the RIT not to win. Hundreds of people that normally don't see RIT or at least not regularly and a new arena needing funding....I am pretty sure that winning on Saturday night helps with a lot of positive PR.
              During first intermission, the TV coverage included an interview with Dr Watters regarding the status of the new arena. The school is in discussion with a "group" regarding naming rights for the new arena and expect to have an announcment before the end of the year. Given 6+ months of design time, they would anticipate shovels in the ground next fall.
              John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
              AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
              AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
              NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
              NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
              NCAA DII - 1983
              NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                The misconduct or DQ comes automatically with any 5 minute major penalty like that one. The "antics" had nothing to do with it.
                I should have worded my original post a bit differently. I am not sure his elbow deserved a major, but I am guessing his mouthing off, slamming his stick, and generally acting like a child certainly got him the major if the ref was on the fence about calling it one. Either way he got what he deserved.

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
                During first intermission, the TV coverage included an interview with Dr Watters regarding the status of the new arena. The school is in discussion with a "group" regarding naming rights for the new arena and expect to have an announcment before the end of the year. Given 6+ months of design time, they would anticipate shovels in the ground next fall.
                Saw that interview, and I thought he stated that it while possible it would be difficult to start construction in 2012.
                Last edited by MattS; 10-17-2011, 02:28 PM.
                My Four Favorite teams:
                RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Tanev got reassigned to the AHL.
                  http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=596309
                  Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                  College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                  Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                  Men's Frozen Four 2010
                  Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                  Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Jason6787 View Post
                    This is actually an old article - that donation was announced back in April. But agreed, a win certainly can't hurt the push for a new arena (as well as selling it out two years in a row).
                    Whoops!
                    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                      While the pay differential will suck, this is probably the best for his long term development. More minutes and a better chance to develop his Offensive game. With the Canucks he was pretty much limited to being pure defense. Given the length of the season, I'm sure he'll be their first injury callup.
                      John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                      AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                      AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                      NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                      NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                      NCAA DII - 1983
                      NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by Tweedle Dee View Post
                        I'm wasn't shocked that Shane started on Saturday. The best way to send home 10,556 fans home happy is to play your #1 goalie and not your #2 or #3. I'm sick of hearing about starting a #2 or #3 goalie in OOC games. Those are the harder games RIT has to play so why not play the #1 goalie. When your consistently a top contender in your conference you want to be able to give you #1 experience with harder competition for NCAAs. Let #2 and #3 play the bottom-half of the conference to give them experience.
                        In some ways I agree with you on this point. Playing your #1 goalie will give you a better chance of winning OOC and getting you key points in the RPI and Pairwise Rankings. On the flip side, I always feel the conference games are most inportant and we need to win those. That said, I expect we will see one of Watson or Ruby this weekend if not both.
                        2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                        2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2010 Frozen Four participant
                        2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                          Selfishly, I will see if i can make i to the a wolves game within the next week. Wish Pinner was playing too, but in due time.

Comment

Originally posted by AFHockeyFan View Post
                            Let me know if you need any tips (dining, sightseeing, etc.) Went to the BCA for the tournament a few years ago and really enjoyed Rochester.
                            My friends and I have 2 quick questions! Would you advise against visiting fans getting tickets in the general admission corner? And when abouts would you recommend getting to the game by to ensure ~5 people can get seats together in GA?
                            RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by jgRIT View Post
                              My friends and I have 2 quick questions! Would you advise against visiting fans getting tickets in the general admission corner? And when abouts would you recommend getting to the game by to ensure ~5 people can get seats together in GA?
                              The corner you're referring to is actually the reserved seating section.
                              2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                              2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                              2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                              2010 Frozen Four/National Semi-Finalists!
                              2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                              2011 (Dec) Catamount Cup Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                                In some ways I agree with you on this point. Playing your #1 goalie will give you a better chance of winning OOC and getting you key points in the RPI and Pairwise Rankings. On the flip side, I always feel the conference games are most inportant and we need to win those. That said, I expect we will see one of Watson or Ruby this weekend if not both.
                                I think it's more likely one of them gets the start in Buffalo, then Madolora starts Saturday vs Union.
                                RIT

Comment

Working...
                                X