This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT Tigers 2011-2012 <<<<< Dreaming is Done, Time to ROAR

but I have also noticed less marketing (at least on campus) in general for hockey this year.
    Yeah I have too. Probably not a good choice by whomever is in charge of that. They should at least try to keep the hype up. Who cares if we don't have a dream season every year.
    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2010 Frozen Four/National Semi-Finalists!
    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2011 (Dec) Catamount Cup Champions!

Comment

In regards to marketing, there may be a sense that they'll sellout the Ritter games no matter what, so why market something they're just going to turns folks away to? By expanding reserved seating as they've done, they're maximizing ticket revenue, which is understandable. But, unfortunately, I think they're at a point where the arena is going to stunt the growth of the program. There's certainly excess demand. So, hopefully they'll find a name to put on the arena soon. Certainly a wonderful problem to have.

And, I agree, there's still time to sell this game out. If I recall, this is a similar pace to last year -- I believe the chance of a sellout was first spread about a day before, and the sellout happened on gameday.

Comment

Originally posted by redhotzep96 View Post
        Yeah I have too. Probably not a good choice by whomever is in charge of that. They should at least try to keep the hype up. Who cares if we don't have a dream season every year.
        Yeah, it seems like last year I couldn't go through a week without receiving an email for students and/or alumni pushing the BCA game. This year, I haven't seen much outside of the usual Brick City Homecoming brochure and email when the lineup was announced. I don't get out as much as I'd like, but I really haven't seen much advertising for it at all outside of RIT. I hope its out there and I just haven't seen it. Rochester is notorious for being a big walk-up area when it comes to attending events like this. So if they're aware, the general public may show up to some degree at the last minute, hopefully.
        Can't we all just get along?
        Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
          I wouln't put too much into this article.

This is a new site which doesn't seem to have much hockey knowledge outside of HE or the Boston area. It's funny how they can make a statement about other teams and how they feel about RIT without putting any facts behind it.

Their RIT - Niagra preview last week shows just how little they know about the AHA and its teams west of the Springfield.
          I emailed the editor on the email address listed under the contact us tab and spoke with him directly about some of what was going on. He was very forthcoming in admitting the site's faults, and he said that it was addressed with the specific journalists. He did say that it was handled, which I'm not sure what that means, but the list of contributing writers has changed, meaning I'm betting they canned their staff and cleaned house.

I was very upset with some of the preseason coverage of AHA, particularly with some of the facts about Bentley. Where it's new, hopefully going forward it gets better, and the review of this past weekend's games were A LOT better than the preseason coverage (not saying much). I've been following the AHA teams on the boards, and the attitude is pretty similar across the board.

Like I said before, Bentley gets so little coverage, that it's nice when we actually hear something about the team. It'd just be nice if it were more accurate haha.
          Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

per @RITSports on twitter, 1300 tickets remaining!
            Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
            College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
            Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
            Men's Frozen Four 2010
            Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
            Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
              per @RITSports on twitter, 1300 tickets remaining!
              How much are they going for? I'll be in Toronto until Thursday so maybe will make first trip to Rochester. I'm coming back out there later this year anyways, but my traveling partner from work is a SLU grad.
              Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
                How much are they going for? I'll be in Toronto until Thursday so maybe will make first trip to Rochester. I'm coming back out there later this year anyways, but my traveling partner from work is a SLU grad.
                $12
                RIT Tigers
                Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
                  $12
                  They can be purchased by calling the Gordon Field House box office, 585-475-4121.
                  Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                  College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                  Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                  Men's Frozen Four 2010
                  Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                  Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by five8five View Post
                    If anyone from the band is reading this: "Ruby" by the Kaiser Chiefs would make a great replacement for "Louie Louie"
                    I still think "Ruby Soho" by Rancid would be more fitting for a Pep Band
                    RIT HOCKEY!!!
                    You know what I mean.

RIP Mikita

. . . don't worry we'll figure out who bothman is someday, not that anyone cares.

[.+0 :=oo:] My Wii-pon of choice.

What do you want YOUR legacy to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Capernicus View Post
                      I concur.

Comment

Originally posted by Capernicus View Post
                        What Cap said. Good to see you post again you lurker
                        RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

The Box Office at RIT isn't selling tickets over the phone for this game I was just told. Presumably so ticketmaster can bend you over with their service fees that almost double the cost of the tickets :rant:

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                            The Box Office at RIT isn't selling tickets over the phone for this game I was just told. Presumably so ticketmaster can bend you over with their service fees that almost double the cost of the tickets :rant:
                            It's alllllll about the $money$

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                              I ordered through the Brick City site and wasn't charged a fee (since I pick up at the SAU). Also only 600 tix left

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                                Assuming there isn't a huge surge this week, that is a pretty huge drop off from last year. I guess that goes to show how big a deal the Frozen Four was for attendance.
                                It's not a huge drop off at all -- quite the opposite, in fact. We've actually been ahead of last year's pace.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                                X