X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT Tigers 2011-2012 <<<<< Dreaming is Done, Time to ROAR

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
    According to Coach's postgame interview, Saracino was concussed and Eckenswiller injured his shoulder. And Spivak was on a bad leg but stayed in the game. I believe Burt played a bit of defense, especially on power plays.

I'm betting we see Raibl and the freshman next week...

Powers &8^]
    I was wondering why Burt was playing D. I know he has done it in the past but it didn't even register that players were injured. I thought coach was trying to be agressive with a forward playing D.
    RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

My big take away from the game is that Shane has definitely improved over last season. He looks much more focused and made some very clutch saves to keep the Tigers in this game. He was good last year. He's better this year.

Really liked Thompson and Garbowsky. Looking forward to big efforts from those guys.

McReynolds played an excellent game and didn't come away with anything. Talk about an unrewarded effort.

Up next, offense! (I hope.)

Also, on a non-game note, the back and forth Let's Go Tigers thing was pretty fun. Let's do more of that.
      e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by d4rksabre View Post
        My big take away from the game is that Shane has definitely improved over last season. He looks much more focused and made some very clutch saves to keep the Tigers in this game. He was good last year. He's better this year.
        Agreed, he'll need that focus too if the injuries on D are more long term in nature.

Anyone else thinking we might see Garbowsky up on the top line with Burt and Mitchell? Coach obviously has confidence in him as I thought I saw him out there on both power play and penalty kills
        RIT Tigers
        Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
        Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
        Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
          Agreed, he'll need that focus too if the injuries on D are more long term in nature.

Anyone else thinking we might see Garbowsky up on the top line with Burt and Mitchell? Coach obviously has confidence in him as I thought I saw him out there on both power play and penalty kills
          He was definitely out there for PKs. He had a few good chances for points and always plays hard. I definitely think he will move up the depth chart as the season progresses.

Also, totally agree about the back and forth Lets go Tigers chant. I think Goon should keep getting the other side into the game like this, it can only serve to make Ritter an even better atmosphere.
          RIT

Comment

Originally posted by d4rksabre View Post
            This still vexes me. How many of us weren't paying attention last season. Madalora had about as good of a season as an RIT goalie can have. If you ignore the one weekend in Albany, I would rank Madalora's 10-11 season at least equal to, if not better than DiMichiel's 09-10 season. He was amongst the national leaders in GAA and shutouts. He led AHA in most goaltending categories. If it weren't for him, the Tigers would have dropped more than a few of those "3-3 Saturday" ties and not won their fourth regular season title.
            Shane played a great game Saturday, as I fully expected him to. The one-on-none and the two-on-none breakaways were exceptional, but they weren't anything we haven't seen him do before.
            Can't we all just get along?
            Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
              Anyone else thinking we might see Garbowsky up on the top line with Burt and Mitchell?
              The Tigers have a top line??
              I didn't see one out there. Fortunately, Niagara seemed to be still searching for their new # 1 line as well. Although replacing that # 1 line they had last year is going to be quite a chore. It had to be quite a relief defensively not to see those guys out there every other shift anymore.

I know this was the first ever 0-0 tie in RIT NCAA hockey history, but what I also wonder (and haven't had the time to look up yet) is when was the last time an RIT NCAA hockey team has been shut out in two consecutive contests. I think since I've been going to games (1986-87), I've only seen the Tigers shut out a total of maybe 4 or 5 times (including these last two) if even that many, so I know it's been quite a while at least.
              Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
                The most interesting part was the last couple of sentences of the RIT discussion quoted below.

The last piece is their reputation; not many schools in AHA actually like having RIT other than for competition purposes. That’s a telling sign of what might happen if they leave.
                The link to the article is - http://excalibursportspage.com/2011/...-yet/#more-200
                Do all you folks know something I don't? What does this quote mean, exactly?
                The "article", or blog post, or whatever that was, was clearly lacking in facts. So I guess I shouldn't take much of what was written too seriously, but I've never heard that none of the AHA teams particularly like having RIT in the conference. Why is that?

And I don't think I'm going out on a limb or anything, but IMO, neither RIT nor Holy Cross is going to be joining HEA any time soon. I don't think those two schools have even surfaced in any of the incessant rumors on this board. Not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                  The Tigers have a top line??
                  I didn't see one out there. Fortunately, Niagara seemed to be still searching for their new # 1 line as well. Although replacing that # 1 line they had last year is going to be quite a chore. It had to be quite a relief defensively not to see those guys out there every other shift anymore.
                  I inferred the starting line up for the Niagara's game was the number 1 line for now. Made sense to me since it had Burt and Mitchell, who are two of the key guys the team will look to, to produce this year. Though you are right this will probably change as we move through the fall.

This still vexes me. How many of us weren't paying attention last season. Madalora had about as good of a season as an RIT goalie can have. If you ignore the one weekend in Albany, I would rank Madalora's 10-11 season at least equal to, if not better than DiMichiel's 09-10 season. He was amongst the national leaders in GAA and shutouts. He led AHA in most goaltending categories. If it weren't for him, the Tigers would have dropped more than a few of those "3-3 Saturday" ties and not won their fourth regular season title.
                  Shane played a great game Saturday, as I fully expected him to. The one-on-none and the two-on-none breakaways were exceptional, but they weren't anything we haven't seen him do before.
                  I think you might be getting defensive where you don't need to be. Shane had a great year, no one is taking away from that. Last year things did start off a little shaky, for whatever reason, and there was some rotation in net. A number 1 goalie wasn't really settled on till late in the fall. This year Shane looks like he is picking up right where he left off which is great to see. Was there any reason to really doubt he wouldn't? No, but ya never know what might happen over the summer
                  RIT Tigers
                  Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                  Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                  Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

If it weren't for him, the Tigers would have dropped more than a few of those "3-3 Saturday" ties and not won their fourth regular season title.
                    This reminds me of the beautiful save he made in the closing minutes of the Holy Cross 3-3 tie- He was on his back with a couple HC players hacking at the lose puck in front of him. I was sure they were going to score on the open net. He threw up one of his leg pads to make the save on an elevated shot. It's one of my favorite hockey memories!
                    RIT Tigers

Comment

Do all you folks know something I don't? What does this quote mean, exactly?
                      The "article", or blog post, or whatever that was, was clearly lacking in facts. So I guess I shouldn't take much of what was written too seriously, but I've never heard that none of the AHA teams particularly like having RIT in the conference. Why is that?

And I don't think I'm going out on a limb or anything, but IMO, neither RIT nor Holy Cross is going to be joining HEA any time soon. I don't think those two schools have even surfaced in any of the incessant rumors on this board. Not going to happen.
                      I wouln't put too much into this article.

This is a new site which doesn't seem to have much hockey knowledge outside of HE or the Boston area. It's funny how they can make a statement about other teams and how they feel about RIT without putting any facts behind it.

Their RIT - Niagra preview last week shows just how little they know about the AHA and its teams west of the Springfield.
                      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

If anyone from the band is reading this: "Ruby" by the Kaiser Chiefs would make a great replacement for "Louie Louie"

Comment

So I just heard that they've sold about 7,600 tickets for the game Saturday.
                          RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweedle Dee View Post
                            So I just heard that they've sold about 7,600 tickets for the game Saturday.
                            Assuming there isn't a huge surge this week, that is a pretty huge drop off from last year. I guess that goes to show how big a deal the Frozen Four was for attendance.
                            RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                              Assuming there isn't a huge surge this week, that is a pretty huge drop off from last year. I guess that goes to show how big a deal the Frozen Four was for attendance.
                              Drop off or not, you guys should be happy about those numbers. There are some schools that would give half their endowment to get numbers like that, and this is for a non-conference game!

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                                Not saying game attendance will go one way or the other, but I do know from past experience with SG Horton Speaker for Homecoming that our ticket sales were always huge the week of (generally Today and Tomorrow) so there is a chance that they could still sell out.

According to the RIT Sports Info twitter account, as of 11:39 am, they are above 8,000 sold. I think we can expect > 9,000 on Saturday, which is very very good. Think it shows the FF hangover helped, but I have also noticed less marketing (at least on campus) in general for hockey this year.
                                RIT Tiger Hockey
                                Cinderella is dancing again!

Comment

Working...
                                X