• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Tech '11-'12 Season Thread I: Hope Springs Eternal

Some questions to be answered over the next six months:

Who skates with whom?

Will they win 10 games? 15 games?

Do the new staff and Brett Olson lead this team to a first round upset and a Final Five berth?

Will the 2011-2012 Huskies be the biggest surprise of the year?

Lock and load, let's roll.

Re: Michigan Tech '11-'12 Season Thread I: Hope Springs Eternal

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Some questions to be answered over the next six months:

Who skates with whom?

Will they win 10 games? 15 games?

Do the new staff and Brett Olson lead this team to a first round upset and a Final Five berth?

Will the 2011-2012 Huskies be the biggest surprise of the year?

Lock and load, let's roll.
    One thing is for sure. The first 5 games of a season can be a terrible indication of the rest of the year.

I'm going to be interested in the dynamic of the coach and players Saturday and how the new uptempo strategy works given our recent performances defensively.

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
      One thing is for sure. The first 5 games of a season can be a terrible indication of the rest of the year.

I'm going to be interested in the dynamic of the coach and players Saturday and how the new uptempo strategy works given our recent performances defensively.
      I don't think you will see just an up tempo game. I think you will see the lock at times and maybe the torpedo as well.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Pearson has said that it will take a couple years and a couple more recruiting classes to get his style completely in place, so I would expect to see a mixture as well. One step at a time, you know.

Comment

I'm not in the UP and it's killing me not to attend Meet the Coaches. someone please give a full report!!!
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
            I'm not in the UP and it's killing me not to attend Meet the Coaches. someone please give a full report!!!
            I'll second that.

Comment

I'll second that.
              /raises hand.

I would love to see this too!

A FF would be sweet. I'd love to go to one more dance before the end...
              MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Well, I screwed up pretty bad.

Waited til today to try to make a reservation for a room for the Oct 7th and 8th AIC games. And nothing is available under 2 hours away.

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
                  Well, I screwed up pretty bad.

Waited til today to try to make a reservation for a room for the Oct 7th and 8th AIC games. And nothing is available under 2 hours away.
                  Yeah, that would be Homecoming for Tech, and it's also Family Weekend IIRC.
                  Always a Wildcat...
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Note to Techies: I'm probably headed to the Springs for the Tech series in March. I would love it if some others happened to be there.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Anyone make it to meet the coaches? The DMG beat writer Stephen Anderson posted the following tweets. So far he seems like a good beat writer and very enthusiastic about the job.

steander #mtuhky "Meet the Coaches" event went really well. Lots of people and quite a few questions for coaches and freshmen players.

steander Only coach I talked to individually was goalie coach Steve Shields. Goalie depth chart up to Mel. Tromp situation still in the air. #mtuhky

steander Pearson talked about his respect for MacInnes, hopes to earn same respect from his players. Emphasized positive coaching approach. #mtuhky

steander Pearson very optimistic about future unnamed recruits already; adamant that realignment will not negatively impact recruiting. #mtuhky

steander Obvious all coaches love the area, despite remoteness. Muckalt: "I called Mel from Duluth and asked how much farther?!" #mtuhky

steander Lots of jokes throughout. Muckalt about scoring on Shields in #NHL, Shields on having no luck fishing, Mel on Shields unshaved face. #mtuhky

steander Several freshmen took opportunity to publicly express desire to play a certain position, to the laughter of the coaching staff. #mtuhky

steander Pearson speculated that he thinks Notre Dame will end up in #NCHC, though just a personal opinion. #mtuhky

steander Pearson emphasized desire for strong non-conf. sched. after realignment. Renewing rivalry with UofM, MSU; maintaining w/ Wisc./UMD. #mtuhky

steander Coaching staff will actively pursue students to attend games, including meet-and-greets in res. halls. Expect increased attendance. #mtuhky

steander Any ?s about "Meet the Coaches" event? A really nice way to start the season. We're all dying to get to Saturday's exhibition. #mtuhky

Comment

Prospectus
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Paid for the Huskies Live feed today. The picture quality had better be improved.

Comment

thanks for the MTC updates!!
                            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Paid for the Huskies Live feed today. The picture quality had better be improved.
                              I'm tempted to let you guinea pig it for me this weekend and just listen to Dirk...
                              MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Working...
                              X