X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech '11-'12 Season Thread I: Hope Springs Eternal

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
    7-2 and the first thing Mel says in the interview is that he's disappointed. Kool-aid is DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELICIOUS!
    mel's so good, 6 teams quit as soon as he entered the conference.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
      That is signature worthy if this keeps up!
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

It was disappointing to read the box score and see that paid attendance was only 2175 when the #2 team in the country was in the barn. What is up with that???? Wisconsin series drew 3000. Anybody have an idea on why there was such a low turnout to the game?
        MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
        2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Oh that is AWESOME!
          MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
            It was disappointing to read the box score and see that paid attendance was only 2175 when the #2 team in the country was in the barn. What is up with that???? Wisconsin series drew 3000. Anybody have an idea on why there was such a low turnout to the game?
            Because we've been awful for 20 years?
            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Friday night, people figured we'd get pounded? I don't know...I'm sure attendance will jump tomorrow.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                Friday night, people figured we'd get pounded? I don't know...I'm sure attendance will jump tomorrow.
                Hopefully not to see Denver incredibly ****ed and crushing us...

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                  Because we've been awful for 20 years?
                  I guess old habits die hard.... Ain't this a new era in Tech hockey yet?
                  MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                  2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

It was oddly empty. One thing that almost caused a conflict in our house was the haunted house stupidly scheduled their kids hours from 7-9 on Fri & Sat only. But I don't know...HS football is over etc. I assume people were expecting the reverse of what happened so didn't bother going?
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by ThomSully View Post
                      I am in fact a junior. Unfortunatly i have a boss that frowns upon me when i show up hungover to work at 8am....
                      So suck it up and don't act hungover :P

It was oddly empty. One thing that almost caused a conflict in our house was the haunted house stupidly scheduled their kids hours from 7-9 on Fri & Sat only. But I don't know...HS football is over etc. I assume people were expecting the reverse of what happened so didn't bother going?
                      I haven't been able to attend a single home game this semester and it sucks...I've gotten tickets for all the games except these ones, but I haven't been able to go due to prior commitments or senior design lab work and such. Since i'm a CS major, the rest of my group likes to work on Friday and Saturday nights instead of being social and we usually end up in the labs until 9-10pm

Bout to say **** em cause I just want to see a fricking hockey game.

Comment

Great job Huskies. Do it again tomorrow. I will miss playing you guys regularly after next season. I wasn't alive in the 70's, but it doesn't take a genius to know that Minnesota and Tech share a pretty serious history.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

I'm sure part of it is that Denver is a "Premium Pricing" game. General admission is $17 for this weekend. When Mankato comes to town that same ticket is $12. If folks are balking about parking, I'm guessing they might pass on "premium teams" as well. Oh well, it was their loss not to be there.

Ryan J
                          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                          Originally posted by geezer
                          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                          Originally posted by manurespreader
                          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThomSully View Post
                            I am in fact a junior. Unfortunatly i have a boss that frowns upon me when i show up hungover to work at 8am....
                            Well then, don't show up at 8 then.

Tech at GVSU for football tonight. Only the 3rd game I've gotten to this year, and I'm breaking out the bolts for it.
                            Last edited by bigmrg74; 10-29-2011, 08:46 AM.
                            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

So let me get this straight. Tech scored 7 goals... in one game?
                              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                                So let me get this straight. Tech scored 7 goals... in one game?
                                IIRC, 3 were ENGs. Yeah.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X