X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech '11-'12 Season Thread I: Hope Springs Eternal

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
    Well, do it already! The MAC was awesome tonight!
    Already did. We were up there last weekend for AIC.

Comment

I had to miss the game last night, but I would've loved to see the fist pump. For years I've thought that the coaches reacted like they were morticians at a funeral. If we scored or the other team scored, it was the same arms crossed posture. Go Mel!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
        Already did. We were up there last weekend for AIC.
        did you, by chance, meet my brother on a beach in Marquette? (he mentioned meeting someone who had been staying at our favorite motel)

Who is going to design the tMel tShirts?

looks like Khaira and Petan had a good weekend and are among the top 5 BCHL scoring leaders which bodes well for more future offense. I'm still thinking our next goalie is going to be the most important recruit in a long time and hoping Shields will come through with a superstar. Not that I'm not enjoying the moment here.
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

will we crack the poles this week???
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

congrats on the sweep. I would imagine tech will be ranked with #1 pwr. yikes

1 Michigan Tech 27 4-0-0 1.000 1t .7525 1 -- .0000
            2 Providence 26 2-0-0 1.000 1t .7488 2 2-0-0 1.000
            3 Lake Superior 25 4-0-0 1.000 1t .7188 3 -- .0000
            4 Bowling Green 24 3-0-1 .8750 10t .7063 4 1-0-1 .7500
            5 Northern Michigan 23 3-1-0 .7500 12t .7013 5 -- .0000

Comment

Originally posted by tundra View Post
              congrats on the sweep. I would imagine tech will be ranked with #1 pwr. Yikes
              wah!
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                Looks like Khaira and Petan had a good weekend and are among the top 5 BCHL scoring leaders which bodes well for more future offense. I'm still thinking our next goalie is going to be the most important recruit in a long time and hoping Shields will come through with a superstar. Not that I'm not enjoying the moment here.
                For Robinson's prospective replacement, I figure we'll get a guy with the skills and potential, then Shields can coach him up. I wouldn't put too much weight on numbers in juniors, "superstar"-like or otherwise.

Comment

Recruiting is obviously quite hard, Robo and Genoe were both supossed to be amazing goalies, Teslak level or better, but both have struggled a lot. I will say that they have never back stopped a team like the 06-07 and 07-08 teams we had which were quite good actually and able to keep the opposing team to a goal or 2 a night, especially in 06-07. Overall though I would say that they have underperformed compared ot the hype they had coming in.

Hopefully we can find another Teslak type who only gets better as he matures at Tech and is pretty darn good right off teh bat too.
                  2005-2006: 7-25-6
                  2006-2007: 18-17-5
                  2007-2008: 14-20-5
                  2008-2009: 6-25-7
                  2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                    Recruiting is obviously quite hard, Robo and Genoe were both supossed to be amazing goalies, Teslak level or better, but both have struggled a lot. I will say that they have never back stopped a team like the 06-07 and 07-08 teams we had which were quite good actually and able to keep the opposing team to a goal or 2 a night, especially in 06-07. Overall though I would say that they have underperformed compared ot the hype they had coming in.

Hopefully we can find another Teslak type who only gets better as he matures at Tech and is pretty darn good right off teh bat too.
                    With a guy like Sheilds, Teslak probably stays all 4 years too...
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      With a guy like Sheilds, Teslak probably stays all 4 years too...
                      AFAIK Shields will only be around for one season.
                      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                        AFAIK Shields will only be around for one season.
                        Think he just came for experience and as a favor to tMel? One year enough to get himself noticed and continue as a coach elsewhere? He taking classes at Tech? Just what are the "rules" for a volunteer coach?
                        Last edited by giwan; 10-16-2011, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                          did you, by chance, meet my brother on a beach in Marquette? (he mentioned meeting someone who had been staying at our favorite motel)

Who is going to design the tMel tShirts?

looks like Khaira and Petan had a good weekend and are among the top 5 BCHL scoring leaders which bodes well for more future offense. I'm still thinking our next goalie is going to be the most important recruit in a long time and hoping Shields will come through with a superstar. Not that I'm not enjoying the moment here.
                          It wasn't me.
                          We didn't stay at the usual place. I had forgotten all about parents weekend. By the time I called for reservations the place was full ( did have a nice long chat about Tyler coming to Tech though). After that I called all over, finally found a room at the wonderland Motel up at Laurium. Actually not a bad place, nicer on the inside than it looks from the outside. You have to over look the crotchety old attitude you get from the old gal who seems to manage the place. Other than that a nice place.

Comment

• Originally posted by giwan View Post
                            Think he just come for experience and as a favor to tMel? One year enough to get himself noticed and continue as a coach elsewhere? He taking classes at Tech? Just what are the "rules" for a volunteer coach?
                            He's exploring if he wants to do goaltending coach full time.
                            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

I think the Denver series at the end of the month will be a good barometer of where the Huskies are as far as positioning in the league. It should be a real good test for them. Every series is important. That starts with the Beavers this weekend. It's hard for me not to get too excited this early in the season
                              MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                              2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                                I think the Denver series at the end of the month will be a good barometer of where the Huskies are as far as positioning in the league. It should be a real good test for them. Every series is important. That starts with the Beavers this weekend. It's hard for me not to get too excited this early in the season
                                I don't want to throw cold water on you sir, and certainly I am the quintessential optimist, but it's a real long stretch to expect us to beat denver.Personally I just hope we can play well and that gwoz gets a face full of rotten tomatoes from some fan.Maybe we can get the misfits to hold up some disrespectful signs.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X