This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech '11-'12 Season Thread I: Hope Springs Eternal

Got our next recruit, Alex Petan of the Coquitlam Express.
    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
      Tech is the ONLY WCHA team not to get any votes for the USCHO poll this week. I'm not saying they should have or that it even matters at this point in our building process, but a strong showing against Wisconsin and maybe we squeak in there and take advantage of what appears to be a WCHA bias (Wisconsin at 18?). Of course, I don't know that I think much of the polls anyways. Miami still has a first place vote. I guess it's hard to know what to vote on this early.
      Fine with me we probably do not deserve to be voted on the polls anyway based on the less than dominant showing. I will be surprised if we get a tie .I like what we see so far but we have a really long way to go. I think the playing for yourself comment from Mel is especially telling.

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      It was interesting to hear during the Wisco/NMU telecast on Wisconsin Public Television just what the real reason behind the Motel6 Conference was: The announcers said that after the Big10 schools formed their conference, the new Motel6/Super8 conference schools decided that they didn't want to travel to such "extreme locations" as Anchorage. And Houghton.
      Pretty much what we thought. I blame swami for this one. Remember when the WCHA had invited miami and ND and was waiting for the answer. that would have been a better league than what they have now. Really the problem for the leftovers is the cutting of revenue from the playoffs.

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
      Got our next recruit, Alex Petan of the Coquitlam Express.
      Fantastic get. absolutely fantastic. is this a verbal flashy or what?
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        http://expressvoice.blogspot.com/201...igan-tech.html he's certainly old enough that it doesn't have to be a verbal.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

You've seen him play?

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
            You've seen him play?
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh7qRXo2gqU

Petan is #9. Maybe he can bring Kerfoot with him...

Comment

At the meet the coaches thing, Mel asked the assistants, what two questions do we ask about recruits? The well-practiced answer: "Can he skate, and does he compete?" Mel told a story about recruiting Muckalt: he was watching Bill's team get blown out of a game, and Bill came out for every shift working his butt off anyway... the toughest competitor on his team. He was offered a scholarship. That's the model.
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

well said. We have trouble with that compete thing it seems to me. It was that way last year too. Get a lead and figure we can relax.

I haven't seen him, and he is pretty small.. still 12 points in 7 games is pretty good and yes I know, it's an offensive league.

I am wondering who will be starting this week, Could be a few surprises.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

well said. We have trouble with that compete thing it seems to me. It was that way last year too. Get a lead and figure we can relax.

I haven't seen him, and he is pretty small.. still 12 points in 7 games is pretty good and yes I know, it's an offensive league.

I am wondering who will be starting this week, Could be a few surprises.
                  Just remember, he is an older kid too in his 3rd year in the BCHL, he should be putting up good numbers at this point if he's worth a scholarship. Jujhar Khaira is 2 years younger and putting up similar numbers (less goals so far but still 9 points in 6 games).
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

It'll be interesting to see how this shakes out this weekend:
                    Lickteig, Bryce Reddick, Tyler Gubb and Jimmy Davis all started Saturday in place of Aaron Pietila, Alex MacLeod, Daniel Holmberg and Nick Cecere, who had their opportunity Friday.
                    I expect that all these guys will continue to get some chances to play, perhaps depending on opposing teams' strengths, and extent of bumps & bruises.
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                      It'll be interesting to see how this shakes out this weekend: I expect that all these guys will continue to get some chances to play, perhaps depending on opposing teams' strengths, and extent of bumps & bruises.
                      Bumps and bruises a factor of course. I think it could be more an issue of sitting someone so they fight for their playing time. Nothing like playing one game then scratched the next or being moved to a different line and sit the bench more then skate.

Keep them hungry so they understand they have to compete each shift.

Comment

Hearing Gordic is hurt and will miss the Wisconsin series.

Everyone say it together now...
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

... we can't have nice things!!!!
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

Don't panic, Gordic is recovering from shoulder surgery. He's been practicing on the ice, but won't be ready this weekend.
                            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Yes, Pearson said at the beginning of the year that Gordic is week-to-week while he recovers.

Comment

Blake Pietila named WCHA Rookie of the Week!!!
                                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Working...
                                X