We didn't play with same urgency after 1st period
    PP 0-7, great chances
    Robinson won the game for us, they had Grade A chances
    Likteig has great speed, created some good chances
    We started poor in faceoffs, but it got better
    Looking forward to Wisconsin

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech '11-'12 Season Thread I: Hope Springs Eternal

I thought Olson came back in a big way and led the team tonight. good to see. Davis will be a good one, he's got a lot to learn about positioning but the boy can skate and he's apparently fearless. Same with Kero. Lickteig played well. The misfits were outstanding, good crowd.
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Well, two frustrating games for AIC, for different reasons.

But I wanted to say that Tech fans are a class act. If the world was full of Tech fans, it would be a better world.
        Great atmosphere

Comment

I was glad that our fans treated cornwall so well. good luck the rest of the way. It's a real sacrifice to come this far for a game.
          As far as the price: come on buddy this is the big time here, if you can't afford it, don't go.

I was very happy to hear the comments about likteig. this is real good news and expect to see him in the line up a ton more. Going over to what jerry york said about their win over UND. The speed of the puck movement is important, and it's going to win games. We have to continue to speed the game up.

I also liked that he played a number of different players on saturday vs friday. I think we have a bonafide sniper in Pietila and I wonder who is going to sit when Gordic does come back. Still a long way to go before I would say we can beat teams like Wisconsin though.
          Last edited by manurespreader; 10-09-2011, 08:10 AM.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            leather seats, marble floors, a video scoreboard, alcohol for sale...
            How about alcohol for sale in the cemetery, that's off campus.

Would those marble floors have an image gouged out of them in a year or two? I think you can pick some of those up cheap.

Does Tech return the trip to AIC next year?
            Last edited by giwan; 10-09-2011, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post

But I wanted to say that Tech fans are a class act. If the world was full of Tech fans, it would be a better world.
              Great atmosphere
              glad you had a good time!! good luck the rest of the season.
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

video scoreboard is on the drawing board, as is, eventually, making the arena a complete oval.
                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                  Would those marble floors have an image gouged out of them in a year or two? I think you can pick some of those up cheap.
                  Pretty sure North Dakota won't have to remove the 'permanent' logos.

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                  video scoreboard is on the drawing board, as is, eventually, making the arena a complete oval.
                  Why would they complete the arena bowl? The community side is almost never full.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Pretty sure North Dakota won't have to remove the 'permanent' logos.

Why would they complete the arena bowl? The community side is almost never full.
                    My understanding is the east side is going to be a loft for the pep band and a hall of fame. I saw some preliminary drawings as well. Didn't look like any seats added, but the concourse continued around.
                    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Since I don't want to dive into the bull**** in the threads discussing the BHHC/Hug8 Mistake/NaCHo(C), I'm going to post this here.

2013 WCHA
                      Northern Michigan 3 - Wisconsin 2 W
                      Bemidji State 5 -Miami 3 W
                      Michigan Tech 4 - American International 3 W
                      Minnesota State 1 - RPI 0 W
                      Ferris State 4 - St. Lawrence 2 W
                      Bowling Green 2 - Connecticut 1 W
                      Alaska Anchorage 4 - Clarkson 4 T
                      Alaska 1 - St. Cloud State 4 L

6-1-1 With wins against both the B16 and Hug8 Mistakes.
                      Keep it up NewWCHA. Take down those ********.
                      To keep this going,
                      NewWCHA was 4-3-1 yesterday to bring their season record to 10-4-2
                      NaCHoCs was 2-4-0 yesterday to bring their season record to 7-5-0
                      B1G was 4-1-0 yesterday to bring their season record to 7-3-0

keep it up nWCHA!
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post

Great atmosphere
                        Another satisfied customer. Thanks for making the trip, I wish I could have met up with you, but I went back to Duluth Friday night.
                        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                          My understanding is the east side is going to be a loft for the pep band and a hall of fame. I saw some preliminary drawings as well. Didn't look like any seats added, but the concourse continued around.
                          Adding more suites, since the others sold out in "record" time?

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                            Cool, I didn't have the iPhone last year for a work phone, had a windows mobile one that had an app I could use. Android doesn't like it...
                            I listen to the radio feed on my android phone.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              I listen to the radio feed on my android phone.
                              Yeah, I have used it too, but it DESTROYS my battery so fast I have to plug in.

And after watching the Badger game last night... They could/should be able to split, Badgers looked like Poo until the 3rd...
                              MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Yay! It's so nice to hear that Glad you had a good time!!
                                the girl always wearing heels at Tech games

Comment

Working...
                                X