Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
    Not that it really matters, but to satisfy anyone's curiosity.

Miami fans will deny this I am sure... but that appears to be "directed in" by his skate- meaning that his intent was to turn the blade of his skate to direct the puck in. Same means as kicking it in. It's a 50-50 bet on the call, this time it went Michigan's way.

Comment

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by streaker View Post
      Miami fans will deny this I am sure... but that appears to be "directed in" by his skate- meaning that his intent was to turn the blade of his skate to direct the puck in. Same means as kicking it in. It's a 50-50 bet on the call, this time it went Michigan's way.
      I think I agree, it's just one of those goals you never expect to get overturned either way, the call on the ice always seems to stand. If he had kept his stick down I think it would have had a better chance at holding up, but with him pulling back it does look like his focus is on the kick and not trying to tap it in.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
        Would you mind elaborating on that?

IMO, I don't like them. Unfortunately, the only reason I say that is that I don't think Miami has a very good record in them...lol!
        I wouldn't mind seeing an endless overtime. I just don't like ties

Comment

it may have taken me a year to notice this, but there are no BGSU posters on USCHO are there?

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
            it may have taken me a year to notice this, but there are no BGSU posters on USCHO are there?
            There is like one who pops in from time to time.

AY ZIGGY ZOOMBA!

^Highly entertaining. They really, really, really don't like us over there.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
              I think I agree, it's just one of those goals you never expect to get overturned either way, the call on the ice always seems to stand. If he had kept his stick down I think it would have had a better chance at holding up, but with him pulling back it does look like his focus is on the kick and not trying to tap it in.
              The fact that Biggs was in the crease (the issue cited by some people) is irrelevant because he wasn't obstructing the goalkeeper. However, as streaker said, the whole thing hinges on whether Biggs had intent to direct the puck in. Based on the video, it is not clear whether he intentionally turned his skate so that the puck would be directed toward the goal or whether he was simply turning aside before running into the cage and fortuitously had his skate at the right angle when the puck deflected. When evidence of intent is not definitive, the benefit of the doubt goes to the defending team. "No goal" was the right call.
              Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                The fact that Biggs was in the crease (the issue cited by some people) is irrelevant because he wasn't obstructing the goalkeeper. However, as streaker said, the whole thing hinges on whether Biggs had intent to direct the puck in. Based on the video, it is not clear whether he intentionally turned his skate so that the puck would be directed toward the goal or whether he was simply turning aside before running into the cage and fortuitously had his skate at the right angle when the puck deflected. When evidence of intent is not definitive, the benefit of the doubt goes to the defending team. "No goal" was the right call.
                I actually disagree with this just because the call on the ice was goal (that was the call, right?). I think whatever the call on the ice was, it should have stood. I don't think there is "conclusive" video evidence for either side.

As for the AY ZIGGY ZOOMBA stuff, that's hilarious. Bergeron gone = program falls apart.

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
                  I actually disagree with this just because the call on the ice was goal (that was the call, right?). I think whatever the call on the ice was, it should have stood. I don't think there is "conclusive" video evidence for either side.

As for the AY ZIGGY ZOOMBA stuff, that's hilarious. Bergeron gone = program falls apart.
                  It was called a goal.

Not gonna lie, I visit that site at least once a week, somehow they manage to work a shot at Miami into every conversation they have, even when we aren't playing them. I really need to make an account on there, could be fun.

Comment

Unlike football, the official rule isn't that the call on the ice stands if video evidence is inconclusive. The rule is that if there is any doubt as to whether or not the player intentionally directed the puck into the goal, the goal should be disallowed. It sucks in this case, but there it is.

The Ay Ziggy Zoomba board is definitely amusing for its anti-Miami posts. I actually used to post on it periodically, though it's been a few years since I last jumped in there. It's not very lively compared to MHT but it's a pretty good board compared to many.

Comment

I'm pretty ssure that the rulebook states 'regardless of doubt, Miami scores a goal even if they aren't playing.'

Look it up.
                      Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
                        I'm pretty ssure that the rulebook states 'regardless of doubt, Miami scores a goal even if they aren't playing.'

Look it up.
                        Can't argue with that.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                          And believe me, we'll all be waiting in February.
                          Right, because what you and I say on a message board of flamers and homers will impact the outcome of said games.
                          http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
                            One I think...

Comment

This.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                                Right, because what you and I say on a message board of flamers and homers will impact the outcome of said games.
                                I refuse to believe this

Comment

Working...
                                X