Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
    Paulazzo. Da Fu#%!?!?!?
    yesssss here's the best video I could find of his shootout goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqnPw...&feature=share

Comment

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by MIamiGirl View Post
      yesssss here's the best video I could find of his shootout goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqnPw...&feature=share

As pretty as that is, is it legal? I thought the goal can't count if forward progression stops. It's a beauty for the highlight reels and I'll take the point, but just sayin'...

Here's a better one posted by Steve Baker:

Last edited by RedhawkBandMan; 11-13-2011, 11:09 AM.
      Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

The spin-o-ramma type move is allowed as long as it involves a continues motion.

Comment

Originally posted by MUrunner View Post
          What was the reason for the overturned goal? Something about the skate directing the puck in the goal, or the BIGGS entering the crease before the puck (I know this rule was overturned in the NHL, but not sure about NCAA).

Either way, it was great to see this team with some fire power (now if they could fix those clearing errors). I'm hoping to see that Paulazzo goal on youtube.
          The worst of the two was for a quick whistle as the puck was loose and trickling over the line. #fail
          http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
            The spin-o-ramma type move is allowed as long as it involves a continues motion.
            The ref was right there. He could have called it off if it was somehow "illegal." Clearly, it wasn't.

Comment

Does anyone know how USCHO decides which games to cover? It just seems odd to me that they chose to forego covering a series between two of the larger programs - and one of the better rivalries - in the country.
              Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Well this was quite a weekend, I would have been happy with just a split.

The freshmen are starting to look noticeably more comfortable, which is great. Czarnik in particular looks to be developing quite the rapport with Smith, they were really on the same page the whole weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                  Excellent effort by Miami tonight battling a ton of adversity...2-0 deficit and two disallowed goals. As much as Michigan "fans" complain about the '10 NCAA Regional, Miami got shafted out of a victory tonight (not that any of them will admit as such). The tie and shootout win will have to do. Miami is now 8-3-1 in the last 12 against the Wolverines.
                  If I saw it that way I would admit it. I didn't hear or see ONE Miami fan complain or admit that the wrong call was made in 2010 which, compared to a regular season game is night and day. Please don't play that card. Also consider the officials- Wilkins and Aaron are probably the most scrutinized in the CCHA.

We'll see ya in February in our house. Let's see how many "free" wins you can get then.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                    I didn't hear or see ONE Miami fan complain or admit that the wrong call was made in 2010

Complain? No, that would be quite silly.

Admit Michigan got shafted out of the win? Yes, but the "right" call was made.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post4728241
                    Last edited by MUhawks628; 11-14-2011, 09:35 AM.

Comment

If I saw it that way I would admit it. I didn't hear or see ONE Miami fan complain or admit that the wrong call was made in 2010 which, compared to a regular season game is night and day. Please don't play that card. Also consider the officials- Wilkins and Aaron are probably the most scrutinized in the CCHA.

We'll see ya in February in our house. Let's see how many "free" wins you can get then.
                      "Free" wins? We got hosed on two disallowed goals so I think two points is one short of what we should have had. I'm sure the team will cherish the chance to play the Big Ten Hockey Conference's finest in their house in February. No doubt we'll see a more complete Miami team in February than what you saw last weekend. Michigan should hope for the same.

Comment

You may have not heard it, but I said it (and plenty of others have, too). I was at the game and I said it the moment the call was made. Didn't mean I wasn't going to celebrate the victory and the FF berth, though.
                        Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                          Complain? No, that would be quite silly.

Admit Michigan got shafted out of the win? Yes, but the "right" call was made.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post4728241
                          Having fun re-reading that cluster f&^$ of a thread, not the finest of moments for many Michigan or Miami posters.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                            "Free" wins? We got hosed on two disallowed goals so I think two points is one short of what we should have had. I'm sure the team will cherish the chance to play the Big Ten Hockey Conference's finest in their house in February. No doubt we'll see a more complete Miami team in February than what you saw last weekend. Michigan should hope for the same.
                            Before you go off, maybe you should read one of your own fan's posts about the "free wins" comment that initiated my sarcasm.

And, before you hold you and your fellow Hawk fans objectivity in such high esteem and make smart azz comments about U-M fan objectivity back in 2010, maybe you should review those two waived off goals. Based on conversation I have had with Michigan Daily beat reporters at the game, one was an obvious kick in and the other was goaltender interference.

And believe me, we'll all be waiting in February.

Comment

Based on conversation I have had with Michigan Daily beat reporters at the game, one was an obvious kick in and the other was goaltender interference.
                              I was sitting on the glass at the other end of the ice (not the best view), and even from there I looked to the ref fully expecting the interference call, so I'll give you that one. On the replay of Biggs non-goal, I didn't see any kicking motion, so obvious might be a stretch, but not claiming to be an expert on such things.

Comment

So who managed to nab a Rico bobblehead this weekend? Apparently the students outside Red Alert weren't special enough to get them, but since I'm not a student anymore I guess I can't really complain. Without a doubt it would have been sitting on my desk at work today, I call shennainigans.

Comment

Working...
                                X