PDA

View Full Version : Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

MUhawks628
11-10-2011, 09:20 AM
I'm not at all excited by the fact that I won't be there. ... that's kinda the same thing...right?

Totes the same thing :)

Good to see Sieloff and Joyaux sign their LOIs.

MIamiGirl
11-10-2011, 10:26 AM
Totes the same thing :)

Good to see Sieloff and Joyaux sign their LOIs.

It was fun seeing who all signed their NLIs. Turns out I went to school with one of them.

I also find it ironic that we seem to keep getting players with the same last names.... last year we thought we were going to have two Murphys, we have two Widemans (granted they're related) and now two Hartmans. Things are getting confusing.....at least for me :)

MUhawks628
11-10-2011, 11:20 AM
It was fun seeing who all signed their NLIs. Turns out I went to school with one of them.

I also find it ironic that we seem to keep getting players with the same last names.... last year we thought we were going to have two Murphys, we have two Widemans (granted they're related) and now two Hartmans. Things are getting confusing.....at least for me :)

Don't know if you've wondered over there yet, but if you are interested in following recruiting in the future:Link (http://www.miamihawktalk.com/discussion/viewforum.php?f=35)

In line yet?!

MIamiGirl
11-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Don't know if you've wondered over there yet, but if you are interested in following recruiting in the future:Link (http://www.miamihawktalk.com/discussion/viewforum.php?f=35)

In line yet?!

God no. Might be heading to the Blue Jackets game tonight, but I'll be in line bright and early tomorrow morning so that you can meander over an hour before :)

MUhawks628
11-10-2011, 12:04 PM
God no. Might be heading to the Blue Jackets game tonight, but I'll be in line bright and early tomorrow morning so that you can meander over an hour before :)

Actually have tickets this weekend, whoop whoop

MIamiGirl
11-11-2011, 06:40 AM

In line yet?!

Currently in line for the game. I got here at around 7:15 and I'm the second person on the step side of Goggin - definitely not even remotely close to being as crowded as it was last year (I think I got here at 2:30 AM last year??). Hopefully more people will start to show as the morning goes on.

Can't wait for the game, Lets Go Hawks!

fellowes
11-11-2011, 07:18 AM
Currently in line for the game. I got here at around 7:15 and I'm the second person on the step side of Goggin - definitely not even remotely close to being as crowded as it was last year (I think I got here at 2:30 AM last year??). Hopefully more people will start to show as the morning goes on.

Can't wait for the game, Lets Go Hawks!

Good news for me, I suppose. I probably won't show up until around 3 or 3:30.

MUhawks628
11-11-2011, 07:47 AM
Good news for me, I suppose. I probably won't show up until around 3 or 3:30.

Blasphemy.

Happy game day!

fellowes
11-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Blasphemy.

Happy game day!

Blasphemy? Coming from the guy who was going to be at steins the whole time? :p

redhawk95
11-11-2011, 09:58 AM
Baby goalie!!!

MUhawks628
11-11-2011, 10:45 AM
Blasphemy? Coming from the guy who was going to be at steins the whole time? :p

Not my fault I accidentally graduated in 4 years. :)

MUnRPI
11-11-2011, 10:50 AM
Baby goalie!!!

Youth size pads! Youth size pads!

MUhawks628
11-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Youth size pads! Youth size pads!

Please keep the crouching down and banging on the glass every time he skates by going again this year, I can't help but like Hunwick after he lauged at that every time.

redhawk95
11-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Please keep the crouching down and banging on the glass every time he skates by going again this year, I can't help but like Hunwick after he lauged at that every time.

Baby Goalie has been quoted as saying the things he has heard even during warm-ups are hysterical...and brutal. I love the cheers when he allows a warm-up goal!

RedhawkBandMan
11-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Baby Goalie has been quoted as saying the things he has heard even during warm-ups are hysterical...and brutal. I love the cheers when he allows a warm-up goal!

Definitely have to give him credit for taking it all in stride and even acknowledging the students for it. The crouching down thing last year was hilarious but the fact that he recognized it and laughed made it that much better.

MIamiGirl
11-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Baby goalie!!!

Speaking of goalies Connor is definitely injured. Passed him uptown with crutches and a wrapped knee.

RedhawkBandMan
11-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Speaking of goalies Connor is definitely injured. Passed him uptown with crutches and a wrapped knee.

Wow. During the Saturday game last week they were saying he wasn't feeling well. Wonder if that was just a miscommunication with the broadcast guys or if something else happened during practice this past week. Good thing Cody had a good weekend in Alaska. Hopefully he can carry that through both games against Michigan because we're going to need an outstanding performance between the pipes to come away from this series with points.

redhawk95
11-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Wow. During the Saturday game last week they were saying he wasn't feeling well. Wonder if that was just a miscommunication with the broadcast guys or if something else happened during practice this past week. Good thing Cody had a good weekend in Alaska. Hopefully he can carry that through both games against Michigan because we're going to need an outstanding performance between the pipes to come away from this series with points.

This is why having TWO senior goaltenders that have played in huge games throughout their career is such a luxury. Any team would love to have that. And, we'll have it again with McKay and Williams next year.

RedhawkBandMan
11-11-2011, 04:48 PM
This is why having TWO senior goaltenders that have played in huge games throughout their career is such a luxury. Any team would love to have that. And, we'll have it again with McKay and Williams next year.

We'll have two senior goaltenders next year with McKay and Williams? ... ;)

After persistent yet fruitless efforts to get Miami alumni I know in the area to watch tonight's game with me, I have resorted to inviting two Michigan alumni over. That, above all else, is why MIAMI MUST WIN TONIGHT!

MiamiRedhawks2008
11-11-2011, 07:20 PM
well, that period was the absolute best Miami has played yet!!!