PDA

View Full Version : D-III Players to Watch in 2011-2012 Season.

Pages : [1] 2

mdmadison
09-26-2011, 07:56 AM
Taking a cue from an article I just saw for D1, how about some input from the more learned on the forum?

pete99race
09-26-2011, 11:35 AM
I would expect that freshmen Cullen Bradshaw and Chris Rial will immediately contribute to the SNC effort this season.
Bradshaw as a top 1 - 2 line forward (plus on the PP) and Rial on the blue line.
Jr. transfer, Travis Bosch, has a real shot at the starting goalie job.

bakdraft21
09-26-2011, 12:23 PM
Gonna say Mather for the Oz Lakers will double his goal production to 16 this yr and make a big splash:p with the Lakers........

collegehcky2
09-27-2011, 09:04 PM
Kevin Carr from Buff State. By far the best goaltender I saw last year. It wouldn't surprise me if he was an All-American this year. Just a great player on a mediocre team.

play by play
09-27-2011, 10:40 PM
Forward Niko Uola from New England College. 19 Goals in 25 games last season. He will be bolstered by a much improved and more experienced team this year. Expect similar production and quite possibly a few more from him.

puckrfactor
09-28-2011, 08:20 AM
Cory Belisle - Next All-American from Hamline if he can stay healthy.

PrezdeJohnson09
09-28-2011, 08:51 AM
Two forwards from Norwich to watch are Tory Allan and Chris Duszynski.

I see both having expanded roles this season with two top-6 forward slots open right now.

NorthernLite
09-28-2011, 09:05 AM
Dakota Dubetz...Jr. Marian .........worth a ticket if you get a chance.

vcxc3200
09-28-2011, 12:49 PM
Tim Coffman.

Oldtimehockey
09-28-2011, 02:08 PM
Gonna say Mather for the Oz Lakers will double his goal production to 16 this yr and make a big splash:p with the Lakers........

DEPENDS...On line mates. Mather has been a bit of a chameleon since he replaced Ryan Ellis back in 08(?) i believe it was. Whatever role he has been put in he has played well. Last year in the NCAA's he was the only consistant offensive output we had. He sould do well, if he returns playing with Titanic and another good winger who shares the puck. Hmmmmm???:confused: Anyhow I support your idea that Mather could be a big part of the Oswego offense.

LoudHorns31
09-28-2011, 03:11 PM
Plattsburgh freshman forward Alex Jensen. He's the younger brother of Nick and was being looked out by a couple DI teams. I've heard that he has better hands/skill than Nick.... should be interesting to see!

bakdraft21
09-28-2011, 07:18 PM
DEPENDS...On line mates. Mather has been a bit of a chameleon since he replaced Ryan Ellis back in 08(?) i believe it was. Whatever role he has been put in he has played well. Last year in the NCAA's he was the only consistant offensive output we had. He sould do well, if he returns playing with Titanic and another good winger who shares the puck. Hmmmmm???:confused: Anyhow I support your idea that Mather could be a big part of the Oswego offense.For sure he has to get some line mates who can get him the biscuit, but I think Oz has many guys who will, and he is a snipppppper for sure :D

Laker28
09-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Mather really needs to put in a lot more of the wide open looks he gets. At the end of last season he was doing that, let's hope it continues. The line of Mather, Boots and Titanic was very effective in the NCAA's last season so the could be a combination we see again.

bakdraft21
09-28-2011, 10:10 PM
Mather really needs to put in a lot more of the wide open looks he gets. At the end of last season he was doing that, let's hope it continues. The line of Mather, Boots and Titanic was very effective in the NCAA's last season so the could be a combination we see again.they were very dynamic, would like to see a BIG on that line, maybe for Titanic, so he could look out for the boys, and keep them around for a full LONG season...maybe the new BIG BIG BIG :eek: guy???

AVFC
09-28-2011, 11:50 PM
Dakota Dubetz...Jr. Marian .........worth a ticket if you get a chance.

+1 for Dakota.

ACBulldog
09-29-2011, 01:08 PM
+1 for Dakota.

hawk
09-29-2011, 04:15 PM
Two forwards from Norwich to watch are Tory Allan and Chris Duszynski.

I see both having expanded roles this season with two top-6 forward slots open right now.

How about considering Travis Janke and Doug Lindensmith, a new player who had a lot of points for LaRonge. Kyle Thomas could also have a big year for Norwich.

snc1
09-29-2011, 04:56 PM
My players to watch were listed in my preseason West All-Americans picks. Kinda taking an easy way out, but just about Every goalie in the NCHA is fun to watch.

PrezdeJohnson09
09-29-2011, 08:54 PM
How about considering Travis Janke and Doug Lindensmith, a new player who had a lot of points for LaRonge. Kyle Thomas could also have a big year for Norwich.

Janke is already a stud. I took this thread as under the radar players to watch for the season. Not people we already knew were going to put up points.

bakdraft21
09-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Janke is already a stud. I took this thread as under the radar players to watch for the season. Not people we already knew were going to put up points.thats why I put up Mather from Oz, little know about him after 3 yrs and few awards, but he should have a great yr..