This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Season: Posts on a Message Board

It's been made official. Hockey East is currently holding its press conference. As an aside, they have said they have had discussions to move to 12 teams but nothing is definite. Keeping my eyes peeled for further coverage later.

http://wp.me/p1Of6y-35
    Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Please explain (at least to me), then, how Yale has been so dominant in the ECAC as of late.
      What I meant was win by 7 goals.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Did the Poly have a preview insert today?
        Yes, with spreads of the rosters of both the men's and women's teams as well. I noticed that in the descriptions of Brown and Clarkson it mentions them both as being in last in the ECAC polls. Hmm

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
          It's been made official. Hockey East is currently holding its press conference. As an aside, they have said they have had discussions to move to 12 teams but nothing is definite. Keeping my eyes peeled for further coverage later.

http://wp.me/p1Of6y-35
          That article says ND is the 18th school to change affiliation. By my count, all 11 CCHA schools have changed plus Wisconsin, Minnesota, Denver, North Dakota, CC, UNO, SCSU, and UMD from the WCHA. That's 19. One also could include PSU.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RKarger View Post
            Yes, with spreads of the rosters of both the men's and women's teams as well. I noticed that in the descriptions of Brown and Clarkson it mentions them both as being in last in the ECAC polls. Hmm
            Any chance on scanning the insert? The Poly doesn't seem to want to publish online anymore.

Comment

What I meant was win by 7 goals.
              *looks at ECAC championship game* Like I said.

(and yes, I realize that game was 6-0 and not 7-0, but it's close enough in this case.)

Comment

That may just be a way to avoid further questions. No doubt if RPI is genuinely interested, SA and the Colonel have been speaking to everyone who counts.
                I'm sure they have and based on the soft of awkward laugh he gave, it seemed like the BU AD was thinking "I hoped to get out of here without having to deal with that yet."

Jeff Jackson did say they were expecting to only have 5 trips east per year and would hope to have 5 to the west/midwest (H/H arrangements with UM, MSU, etc. woudn't surprise me) for OOC games. If they only go east 5 times for 2 game sets that either means 10 opponents or, more likely, they'll play a single road game with their "travel partner" and tack it onto one of the other trips.

Comment

Thanks. Actually Brown was last in one and Harvard in the other.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

*looks at ECAC championship game* Like I said.

(and yes, I realize that game was 6-0 and not 7-0, but it's close enough in this case.)
                    They certainly didn't dominate us the last two years.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

They certainly didn't dominate us the last two years.
                      We don't play the clutch and grab.

Comment

Any chance on scanning the insert? The Poly doesn't seem to want to publish online anymore.
                        I'll attempt it later today. Unfortunately, this year it isn't really as much of an in-depth insert as it's been in years past, just a one page preview of the teams in the league, profiles of Pat Koudys and Paddy Cullen, and a double-sided 2-page spread with the men's team on one side and the women's on the other. The front of the Sports section does have articles on the games last weekend though-I'll include those too.

Comment

I was rather unimpressed with what they considered to be an "insert" this year. When I first saw the spreads, I thought there was a printing error, because it only showed half of the photos of the women's team. It wasn't until I turned the page and saw a full-page spread with the men's team that I realized it was supposed to be a pull-out section.

The remainder of the hockey preview consisted of a run-down of the teams in the league on the men's side (with inconsistencies noted by RKarger), and two write-ups: one about Patrick Koudys, and one about Patrick Cullen. The women's hockey team seems to have been forgotten about, save for the full-page roster/photo spread. Disappointing compared to the hockey previews that the Poly used to run (from what I remember of them, at least).

Comment

The Poly doesn't seem to want to publish online anymore.
                            To say that would imply that they actually cared about publishing online to begin with. I think only one or two attempts have really been made in the past several years. Several years ago (before I graduated), I'd offered to help with publishing content on their website, but my offer was turned down.

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
                              To say that would imply that they actually cared about publishing online to begin with. I think only one or two attempts have really been made in the past several years. Several years ago (before I graduated), I'd offered to help with publishing content on their website, but my offer was turned down.
                              It looks like much has changed since I was at the 'tute. They published online quite often while I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
                                I was rather unimpressed with what they considered to be an "insert" this year. When I first saw the spreads, I thought there was a printing error, because it only showed half of the photos of the women's team. It wasn't until I turned the page and saw a full-page spread with the men's team that I realized it was supposed to be a pull-out section.

The remainder of the hockey preview consisted of a run-down of the teams in the league on the men's side (with inconsistencies noted by RKarger), and two write-ups: one about Patrick Koudys, and one about Patrick Cullen. The women's hockey team seems to have been forgotten about, save for the full-page roster/photo spread. Disappointing compared to the hockey previews that the Poly used to run (from what I remember of them, at least).
                                I agree. Since the women's season generally starts a week or two earlier than the men's, I believe they used to do a full insert on the women's one week, then another on the men's later. It seems odd that they dropped this practice so fast-I ran across the preview from last year in a box of notebooks, and it had much more content.

Comment

Working...
                                X