X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Season: Posts on a Message Board

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    It seems to me that a subtle potential problem with that reasoning might be expanded travel time....isn't it harder (all else being even) to win regularly when you have to travel longer distances than most of the other teams in your league?
    I guess I miss the logic here. It's not like the other teams get to travel a shorter distance to our rink than we do to theirs. So long as there is a balanced schedule (same home and away) then what difference does it make? Furthermore, keeping the team in a hotel on a road trip to BC and BU might be a better team building opportunity than taking two afternoon bus rides from Northeastern or North Andover.

Comment

Paranoia sucks.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        Paranoia sucks.
        Especially the Survivor Max Oni kind. (for those who have no idea what I'm talking about, see under Dance Dance Revolution, PSMO)

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          for those who have no idea what I'm talking about
          Everyone.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Everyone.
            RHamilton might. That's probably it, though.

Comment

Well, not to be negative Nancy here, but there's a bit of a difference in Hockey East - the titans.

Since 1994-95, when Hockey East expanded to nine teams by adding UMass, the "Big Four" of BC, BU, UNH, and Maine have accounted for 54 of 71 positions in the top four of the league (17 seasons, plus 3 other teams that finished in a tie for fourth). That's roughly 3 per year, which means there's not an awful lot of elbow room up there and it isn't getting any easier with a potential perennial powerhouse in Notre Dame joining the fold.
              In the last 10 years those same 4 teams have accounted for 28 out of 32 HE NCAA berths. It has been a very top-heavy and relatively static league.

Don't get me wrong, if we make this move I hope we go balls to the wall to be successful. Someone observed that the program seemed to drop off after each of the last two dalliances with HE. I think that had at least as much or more to do with how our administration viewed and acted toward the program as it did league membership. We need a strong commitment to supporting the program regardless of the decisions to be made in the coming days/weeks.
              Last edited by rpi82; 10-04-2011, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Everyone.
                Deos this mean that you are entering your dotage now?
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                  In the last 10 years those same 4 teams have accounted for 28 out of 32 HE NCAA berths. It has been a very top-heavy league.
                  We can cure that!
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Time to stuff the ballot boxes in a meaningless poll http://www.bcinterruption.com/2011/1...boston-college?

RPI has a tiny arena, but QU's is a plus?
                    Thanks to everyone who has voted. Keep it up. It looks like it p*ssed off the author. He should be noting however that RPI will bring a large fanbase, probably larger compared to the size of the student body than the current HEA schools. (I wonder how we could measure that. Certainly it would be if posts on USCHO team threads was the criterion.)
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

According to the NCAA site BG accepted the invitation to the WCHA. Although the chances were extremely remote I saw some speculation that HE might look for more of a mid-western travel partner for ND. That option is apparently off the table.

Comment

Thanks to everyone who has voted. Keep it up. It looks like it p*ssed off the author. He should be noting however that RPI will bring a large fanbase, probably larger compared to the size of the student body than the current HEA schools. (I wonder how we could measure that. Certainly it would be if posts on USCHO team threads was the criterion.)
                        Considering BC's the only HEA school that hasn't chosen to play us in recent history, I'm not all that surprised whatsoever.

Comment

We're talking size of the fanbase, not obsessiveness.
                          APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by HighlanderRPI View Post
                            I got a game puck that I had to vault a railing for to jump into the aisle to grab. Still sits on my desk today (looking at it as I type) and I still remember the game eight years later - tipped out of play after a Ben Barr scored a SHG with it. First and only RPI game puck, and would not have given it to a kid.
                            I got your back...

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                              We're talking size of the fanbase, not obsessiveness.

Maybe we should count thte total number of posters, not posts.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                                We WILL be at Princeton (or at least I will...the Hubster has to go away for 2 months starting mid October). We'll find each other in the 'Fur Coat' Section (make sure both you and Jenny have your best pelts on...)
                                We expect to be there and will post what section we will be in once we know. If it is even a bit nippy out, look for the fur!!
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X