X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Season: Posts on a Message Board

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    Already have 3 or 4 times. everyone knows you were two faced about it
    Your personal computer doesn't count. Link or it didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
      We are all jones-ing for hockey to start again. Think of it as a forechecking practice session so to speak...keep the other team bottled up in their end....maybe try to goad someone into losing his cool while you keep yours.....

I remember at the RPI QU game in 2010 in Hamden, we were right next to the ice and Foss was carrying the puck up along the boards right in front of us, and a QU player was taking a bead on him....Foss saw him out of the corner of his eye and actually grinned a little, he kept his head down, passed the puck, and suddenly stopped short, and the QU player smashed into the boards in front of him, missing him entirely. The QU guy was annoyed and dug at Foss with his stick, Foss pushed the stick away, looked away, smiled, and skated off. It was classic.
      I recall that play...one of those 'snapshot' moments that you think back to over and over (Rabbani's bone crushing hit in the playoff game last year is another)

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
        I recall that play...one of those 'snapshot' moments that you think back to over and over (Rabbani's bone crushing hit in the playoff game last year is another)
        There's one I remember... JFK's freshman year during the Governor's Cup, he just lays out this Colgate player in open ice. From watching what happened before (not much), you get the feeling the player must have "said something" to Kennedy, if you know what I mean.

Comment

This is a program on rise

14-19-3
          15-14-6
          19-17-3
          21-12-6
          26-10-4

First time ever regular season champs
          First time ever NCAA tournament bid
          First time eevr top 10 ranking

That is rising

Safe to say Union was in worse shape and had zero history.

Comment

Anyone who is good with video compilations: Any chance on making a Rabbani hit reel?

Comment

14-19-3
              15-14-6
              19-17-3
              21-12-6
              26-10-4

That is rising

OK, now take a look at five years for RPI. Oh wait, it doesn't fit your agenda.

It's funny how you have the time to post statistics about Union but don't have time to answer my challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                I don't mean that the team is very good now, but the current team is much better than that when SA took over.
                This is the crux of the argument, in my opinion.

While we are not currently in the hunt for a national title, we are certainly in a better position to make a run for it than 2 / 4 / 5 years ago. That's all that we're trying to say.
                Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

*****http://i971.***********.com/albums/ae197/GRussinko/body.jpg******
                  APBWiki

Comment

14-19-3
                    15-14-6
                    19-17-3
                    21-12-6
                    26-10-4

That is rising

While still managing to lose to the same last place team that you try to shove down our throats.

Whie still managing to lose in the first round of the NCAA tournament. (scoring 0 goals, may I add)

While still managing to squander that ranking.

See? Works both ways. Then again, maybe you are trying to justify Union's team a little bit because your team just hired their coach.

I will now stop feeding the troll.
                    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      OK, now take a look at five years for RPI. Oh wait, it doesn't fit your agenda.

It's funny how you have the time to post statistics about Union but don't have time to answer my challenge.
                      The way I look at it, Leaman had a 3 year head start to build Union's program before Appert even arrived at RPI. If you look at Unions record in Leamans first 5 years and compare it with Apperts first 5 years you will see that RPI has a slight advantage. I think its safe to say both programs are on the rise, now only time will tell if the new coaching staff at Union will be able to keep up where Leaman left off.

BTW congrats AD!

Comment

[QUOTE=redhead18;5213117]The way I look at it, Leaman had a 3 year head start to build Union's program before Appert even arrived at RPI. If you look at Unions record in Leamans first 5 years and compare it with Apperts first 5 years you will see that RPI has a slight advantage. I think its safe to say both programs are on the rise, now only time will tell if the new coaching staff at Union will be able to keep up where Leaman left off.

To compare Union when Leaman took over and RPI when new coach stepped in is laughable.

Most people didnt even know Union had a hockey team, RPI had a very strong national rep

Last 2 years shows stagnant, not rise.

a very good, clean program who has been middle of the pack and underperforms when it counts

winning league championship and top 10 ranking is better than 5th or 6th place, I think

Comment

To compare Union when Leaman took over and RPI when new coach stepped in is laughable.

Most people didnt even know Union had a hockey team, RPI had a very strong national rep

a very good, clean program who has been middle of the pack and underperforms when it counts

winning league championship and top 10 ranking is better than 5th or 6th place, I think
                          Yale won the league championship. Union lost to the last place team "when it counts".

Where's what I said? If you continue this drivel, I have no problem following Matthew 7:12.

Comment

[QUOTE=Hokydad;5213121]
                            Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                            The way I look at it, Leaman had a 3 year head start to build Union's program before Appert even arrived at RPI. If you look at Unions record in Leamans first 5 years and compare it with Apperts first 5 years you will see that RPI has a slight advantage. I think its safe to say both programs are on the rise, now only time will tell if the new coaching staff at Union will be able to keep up where Leaman left off.

RPI indeed had a historical reputation, but had sunk to a low similar to that which Union was at earlier. You yourself had discounted what RPI had done 25 years ago as irrelevant.

IMO, the so-called stagnation in RPI's rise from 2009-10 to 2010-11 was due entirely to two freshmen leaving early at the same time. Union never had such an occurence.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Yale won the league championship. Union lost to the last place team "when it counts".

Where's what I said? If you continue this drivel, I have no problem following Matthew 7:12.
                              Sorry, RPI only believes in Matthew 9 and Matthew 28.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

First, congratulations to AD. Hope all is well with Mom and Child.
                                Second, there is a hockey game tomorrow night featuring the RPI Engineers.
                                Why are we still engaged in a futile argument with someone who only wants to see his name on the message board?
                                It seems like forever since I got to cheer for the Engineers and I am looking forward to a new and exciting season. If the goaltending holds up, I believe that we can improve upon last season, and make some noise in the ECAC and the NCAA.
                                So,

LETS GO RED!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X