• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Season: Posts on a Message Board

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    But since you asked so nicely, I will drop it and move on
    ah, a man of your word, I see....
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Seeing that when RPI beat PC in natl game, I was thrilled+ I dont get your point

Why dont you just compare to Alabama Hunstville and really feel good
      You're not fooling anyone. I saw your post with your second account with a user name that clearly showed your Providence loyalties. You could have picked a better subject than anything that had been said by me regarding Union College if you wanted to keep your identity a secret.

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
        No, because they're coming from seasons where posting a .600 record is a disappointment.

We're coming from seasons where we were posting ~.300 records. Which would you rather have, two seasons finishing 10th / 11th in-conference with records of ~.300 or two seasons where you're in the hunt for the bye (even tying for 4th most recently) and having records > .500?

Sure seems like we're in a better position now than we were two years ago.
        its all relative. those 2 years you had solid tournament showings, last two, huge flops.

if your looking for 5th or 6th and chokes in tourn, you have it and you are on rise

more of the same this year with Union making a deeper run and better results.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
          ah, a man of your word, I see....
          i did until the cast of the "Emperors New Clothes" chimed in

Comment

You know what, Hokeydope... post everything I said on that day regarding Union College. You want to talk about it, so put your money where your mouth is.

Comment

np

will later on

will also about you trashing their players etc

Comment

its all relative. those 2 years you had solid tournament showings, last two, huge flops.

if your looking for 5th or 6th and chokes in tourn, you have it and you are on rise
                In 07-08 we were swept in the first round. Solid tournament showing!!!11!one!elventy-one!!

In 08-09 we rode a hot goalie to a three-game win streak. Any team can string together three wins on the back of a good goalie (See: Brown Bears, 09-10).

You have failed to convince me that the team is in a worse or similar state now as compared to two years ago. Based on process of elimination, I am left to believe that the RPI Engineers are in a better state when compared to two years ago. This falls in line with a "program on the rise."

Edit: You also failed to answer my question. Which would you prefer?
                Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  WaP will have a podcast at 3:30 http://www.withoutapeer.com/2011/09/...foil-mike.html.

It should be interesting if their underground lair has been cleared of water.
                  It's an underwater lair, Ralph. No ground between here and God's blue sky! And yes, we did finally get the lair cleared out - the water rose up above our airlock and lightly flooded about six inches but we're all set now and raring to go! WaP 1, Irene 0.

Thanks for the plug, and if anyone missed the awesome interviews with David or Mike, I encourage them to surf on over and check it out on demand.
                  Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
                    It's an underwater lair, Ralph.
                    Close.

Good show, BTW. Do you intend to keep the podcasts at 30 minutes this year as opposed to last year when they seemed to average about 2 hours long?
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Close.

Good show, BTW. Do you intend to keep the podcasts at 30 minutes this year as opposed to last year when they seemed to average about 2 hours long?
                      Last year's shows tended to last between 60 and 90 minutes by the time we wrapped up (we usually scheduled shows for 120 minutes just to make sure we didn't run long), but this year we're pretty much going to strip down the podcasts and keep them more compact - mostly just interviews. We may lengthen to 45 to 60 minutes later in the season if necessary but for right now we figure we can do two good interviews or one in-depth interview in 30 minutes. The possibility also exists that if the need arises, we can do two different podcasts in a given week.
                      Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
                        Last year's shows tended to last between 60 and 90 minutes by the time we wrapped up (we usually scheduled shows for 120 minutes just to make sure we didn't run long), but this year we're pretty much going to strip down the podcasts and keep them more compact - mostly just interviews. We may lengthen to 45 to 60 minutes later in the season if necessary but for right now we figure we can do two good interviews or one in-depth interview in 30 minutes. The possibility also exists that if the need arises, we can do two different podcasts in a given week.
                        That's good. Although the material was all interesting, they often seemed too long in one stretch.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

After reading the RPI fans humiliate themselves on this thread, I'm reminded how badly I hope Hockey East takes them. Dumping UVM and RPI over a few years is the best thing to happen to the ECAC. Oh, and RPI is on the rise?? HAHAHAHAHA
                          Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

i did until the cast of the "Emperors New Clothes" chimed in
                            Ah, I see, you are not only a man of your word but also a person with tremendous will power who takes responsibility for his own choices in life as well!

I should stop now, I promised my parents not to get into a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent....
                            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

I'd like to point out that this was posted by one of Brown's four fans.
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                                After reading the RPI fans humiliate themselves on this thread, I'm reminded how badly I hope Hockey East takes them. Dumping UVM and RPI over a few years is the best thing to happen to the ECAC. Oh, and RPI is on the rise?? HAHAHAHAHA
                                Any good bargains down in the basement?

Comment

Working...
                                X