Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio state " buckeyes " 2011 / 2012 season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio state " buckeyes " 2011 / 2012 season.

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
    The question now becomes ... what does this program do in the offseason or next season to ensure that we don't have a second half meltdown for a third season in a row? This season is all but done and will likely be a non-NCAA Tournament season. A non-NCAA Tournament season will not be acceptable next season. There won't be anymore "young team" excuses as 19 of the 28 players will be sophomores and juniors, provided there isn't any further attrition. Hopefully, they figure out the second-half meltdown stuff. That is a disturbing trend.
    To save this season they are going to have to win 3 of the final 4 games plus at least one round of playoffs or just get to the Joe and that might be enough to save the season.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
      To save this season they are going to have to win 3 of the final 4 games plus at least one round of playoffs or just get to the Joe and that might be enough to save the season.
      Agreed, but having that bye week gives the teams close to us a chance to go ahead or widen their lead.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        Agreed, but having that bye week gives the teams close to us a chance to go ahead or widen their lead.
        That bye week sure does come at the wrong time for this team. But they still have a chance to get 6 points this weekend and force miaimi to win 3 of their last 4 games to pass them.

Comment

That bye week sure does come at the wrong time for this team. But they still have a chance to get 6 points this weekend and force miaimi to win 3 of their last 4 games to pass them.
          Got my fingers crossed.
          Did anyone skate with the team after Saturday's game?

Comment

• Anyone with any knowledge of whats going on with this Danny Dries situation?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhawk56 View Post
              Anyone with any knowledge of whats going on with this Danny Dries situation?
              Good question. He was one of our best scorers this season. I have no idea what happened with that.

Comment

Anyone with any knowledge of whats going on with this Danny Dries situation?
                I was wondering why he didnt play last weekend.

Comment

I was wondering why he didnt play last weekend.
                  I thought the play by play guys on the web streaming the week before said he had an ankle injury but I could be mistaken as I wasn't really paying attention at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                    I thought the play by play guys on the web streaming the week before said he had an ankle injury but I could be mistaken as I wasn't really paying attention at the time.
                    From what I gathered yesterday, he was out the 2nd game at LSSU with an injury and is now suspended for a violation of team rules. I guess Osiecki made the comment in the postgame presser Friday that he "didn't know when or if" he would be back, and that they sat down with the team, coaches and an administrator to decide what to do. Only other thing i was able to find was some post on twitter where someone said that the knew what he had done and that it was a serious violation, but didn't feel comfortable saying what it was. Hopefully someone will hear through the grapevine what the deal is. Wish this was still the early 2000's when I was still at OSU and was able to get the inside dope.

Comment

Wish this was still the early 2000's when I was still at OSU and was able to get the inside dope.
                      One big difference between when Markel was here and what it's like under Osiecki is under Markel there was not much discipline and the guys were pretty open with what was going on, now they're pretty tight lipped. It seems Osiecki is a proponent of what happens in the locker room stays in the locker room. The guys either respect him too much to go against this or fear the consequences.

Comment

Effort was sure not the problem tonight. the problem tonight as it has been in the past month was the little things they did not do. Lipincott took a dumb penalty to put western on a 5 on 3 which right after they first penalty was killed off western scored almost immediately. Angeli had a break away and flubbed up the puck. Duddy turns the puck over at the buckeye blue line and then him and geding runs into each other trying to retrieve the puck and that leads to the 2nd western goal. PP looked ok tonight they did get a goal so lets hope it gets better from here. Western's forecheck is relentless man they are all over you and it caused a bunch of turnovers at or inside the blue line. I cant say im to disappointed tonight even with the loss they are doing alot of things right but it seems the things they are doing wrong go right into their net each and every time.

Comment

• I dont know if a team has ever had such a good first half then winless in the second. Last ccha win was two months ago in oxford?? Well at least you guys are still beating us in the pwr (for now)

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                            I dont know if a team has ever had such a good first half then winless in the second. Last ccha win was two months ago in oxford?? Well at least you guys are still beating us in the pwr (for now)
                            This season reminds me of a sugar high, it was sweet the first half of the season and we were buzzing and now we've crashed.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                              I dont know if a team has ever had such a good first half then winless in the second. Last ccha win was two months ago in oxford?? Well at least you guys are still beating us in the pwr (for now)
                              I have never seen an epic meltdown like this ... never. The players say all the right things and the coaching staff says all the right things in the interviews and press conferences, but they continue to fall short on the ice where it counts. I would have thought the players and coaching staff would have figured this out and started going in the other direction by now, but unfortunately, they haven't. This is only Coach Oz's second season, but this is two seasons in a row with a second-half meltdown. That's disturbing when it happens two years in a row. That won't be acceptable next season.

Comment

To be honest the way we were playing tonight I was amazed we took it to overtime. Sloppy clearing on D resulting in putting the puck right back on Westerns sticks while still in our zone and all night long Western was posting a man up on the far side of the net and only dumb luck kept them from making the chip shot from there over and over. And why can't we pass to an open man when we're bringing the puck up ice along the boards and 2 or 3 defenders converge on our guy as he approaches their blue line? Only near the end of the game were we bringing the puck right up the middle with numbers and taking it right in for decent shooting attempts? Might want to try that during the rest of the game seeing that it might work!

Comment

Working...
                                X