Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio state " buckeyes " 2011 / 2012 season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio state " buckeyes " 2011 / 2012 season.

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
    Nice read as always, Jsvo88! Maybe we'll see you at some point Sunday! Cannot wait to get there!
    Thanks, I'm definitely gonna be around Saturday and Sunday up in Cleveland. Can't wait to take in the whole atmosphere.

Don't forget, those who will be around, there's a FanFest Saturday at the stadium that includes open practices for both OSU and Michigan.
    www.BuckeyeSports.com

Comment

Originally posted by jsvo88 View Post
      Here's my 1,639-word preview of the weekend series, with notes on the OSU-Michigan role reversal, the Buckeyes' recent 'struggles', a clicking line of freshmen and more: http://ohiostate.scout.com/2/1148264.html
      Thanks for another great piece. I'd encourage you to post these links on a ongoing basis. Don't think of it as shameless self-promotion. Quite to the contrary, it's selfless generosity to assist the chronically lazy -- myself included. To say nothing of lifting the quality of the thread to a higher level.

Comment

Originally posted by jsvo88 View Post
        Here's my 1,639-word preview of the weekend series, with notes on the OSU-Michigan role reversal, the Buckeyes' recent 'struggles', a clicking line of freshmen and more: http://ohiostate.scout.com/2/1148264.html
        Great read, Jsvo88! We won't be able to be there tomorrow because Mrs 86 has to work, but we will be at Tower City on Sunday to enjoy some pregame festivities! This is a big weekend for the guys. I would love to see us sweep them again, but with Michigan clicking the way they are right now, I would be content with a split.

Comment

So where is the USCHO Message Board pre-game spot for Sunday! ha! It's odd, I am flying in from KC for the game (into Columbus, girlfriend booked the trip as a christmas present.... don't think she knew the game was in Cleveland! ha!) I REALLY want the weather to be cold/snowy (within reason) but I don't want to risk any flight delays etc....

aghhh.... Anyway, GO BUCKEYES!!!!! This weekend is beyond huge no matter what way you look at it!

Comment

Hey ----, I am up for a USCHO Message Board pre-game session! Mrs 86 and I will be at Tower City for the pep rally. Actually, we may go up earlier than that to make sure we get a good parking spot at Tower City.

Comment

I worked in Cleveland for awhile for a certain terrible football team there.... Found Flannerys downtown to be one of my favorite places to go.... Head to Panini's and then to Flannerys... greeeeaaat time.... Hopefully will be there by mid-afternoon tomorrow and staying until Monday morning.... Really looking forward to my only OSU hockey game this year

It's hard to go from season tix to Buckeye Vision

Comment

Disappointing is all I can say. We didn't look too bad in the 1st but some defensive miscues and we're down 2 goals! I couldn't believe how many times Heeter completely lost sight of the puck and was frantically looking for it. We had MANY MANY scoring opportunities and couldn't quite get it in. Hunwick was solid tonight and the few times we had him flat we just couldn't accurately tap it in. The big difference I saw tonight is Michigan's passing & puck control was precise, we weren't and we got sloppier as the game progressed. Well, I'll take a decisive Buckeye win Sunday.

Comment

----, Hey, have a safe trip, huh? Tough one tonight. I am going to need Pgb or Klbaum or Draighlicht to talk me off the ledge. Actually, I am kidding on that. We have a very young team that is in the midst of a three-game goal-scoring slump, and I gotta be honest, Hunwick was on top of his game tonight. Seems like their whole team was on top of their game tonight. We just could not get much going. We played hard, and two of their goals in that 4-0 shutout were empty netters. I still think we return the favor Sunday. We are going to get out of this goal scoring slump. How about some feedback from someone who was at the game? I just saw bits and pieces of the game on tv.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                    Disappointing is all I can say. We didn't look too bad in the 1st but some defensive miscues and we're down 2 goals! I couldn't believe how many times Heeter completely lost sight of the puck and was frantically looking for it. We had MANY MANY scoring opportunities and couldn't quite get it in. Hunwick was solid tonight and the few times we had him flat we just couldn't accurately tap it in. The big difference I saw tonight is Michigan's passing & puck control was precise, we weren't and we got sloppier as the game progressed. Well, I'll take a decisive Buckeye win Sunday.
                    I'll take any win Sunday! It doesn't even have to be decisive!

Comment

As most of you know I'm usually critical of the zebras and what angered me tonight was the ref's arm was up for the penalty on Michigan and as Michigan hasn't touched the puck yet to stop play we tee up the shot and then before he can pull the trigger our guy is blatantly cross checked to the ice and all they get is 2 minutes!?

Comment

I thought the first 10 minutes were pretty good they had chances to score but just couldnt bury them. After michigan scored the first goal they carried the play for much of the first period and that stupid penalty by Oddo lead to the 2nd goal ,no it wasnt a PPG but he wasnt near being back into the play when the goal was scored. I didnt think Cal had his best night with rebounds and losing sight of the puck a number of times as was mentioned earlier. Again in the 3rd they had chances to bury a couple early and when the puck didnt go in you could see the guys were frustrated, the body language wasnt good but thats just my opinion. This slide has to be put to a halt on sunday afternoon.
                        Last edited by klbaum1077; 01-14-2012, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Ugly win against RM, followed by two OT losses to Bowling Green, followed by Michigan breaking off a plunger in our *** at home: this season is not headed in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Cooper View Post
                            Ugly win against RM, followed by two OT losses to Bowling Green, followed by Michigan breaking off a plunger in our *** at home: this season is not headed in the right direction.
                            2nd half slump? The question is what will Oz do to right the ship now that it has a bit of a lean to it? I think for Sunday's game it will be more about the guy's pride and dignity than it will be about the points.
                            Oh yeah, and NOW that the Dispatch has finally given the team a large front page story it wasn't a pretty one. Bast*rds!
                            Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 01-14-2012, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Tomorrow's game in Cleveland will be replayed on the Big Ten Network tomorrow night at 9:00

Comment

Western won tonight so we have only a 1 point lead for first place. Hope we widen that gap back up tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                                X