Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio state " buckeyes " 2011 / 2012 season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio state " buckeyes " 2011 / 2012 season.

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
    I told myself that I wasn't going to comment anymore but this is so true. You'll have your hands full with Minnesota and we will have our new friends from North Dakota to entertain lol
    I can't imagine there being any love between Coach Osiecki and Minnesota as he's an alum of Wisconsin's hockey program. As consequence I wonder if he'll be pushing the Buckeyes harder against the Gophers than other opponents or if he's indifferent to rivalries now and it's all the same to him?

Comment

Good to see ohio hockey finally playing well again. klbaum, Michigan sweeping in ohio is a distinct possibility. We've played in many outdoor games. I know that ohio has played outdoors as well but I can only recall one. Am I right? Michigan is finding its groove now and they are playing with a sense of urgency. We get Merril back in January too possibly. I'm not sure what he did to deserve Coach Berenson suspending him but it looks (from an outside vantage point at least) like he has learned his lesson. Providing that Merril coming back (if he does) doesn't mess with the team chemistry too much I see Michigan making a run. We may have dug ourselves too big of a hole to compete for the regular season title but I think that Michigan can still make it in the top 4.
      Originally posted by alfablue
      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

I don't mind the Miami fans at all. They're supporting their team a lot more than OSU fans support the Buckeyes. Irritating and obnoxious at times? You bet they are, but over the last six years the team has earned that for them. I see my share of games in Oxford since it's only twenty minutes away. At OSU games and a few others there have been some total jerks, but a number of other fans have called out the idiots. I have no problem being the weird one and cheering for Miami when they aren't playing OSU. I do have to admit that the collective groan last Saturday when Niddery put in the winning goal in OT was like music to me.

I've met Blasi several times and I have no complaints about him either. Intense, but he's a nice guy. Good coach and he's built something good in a place no one expected to see it. I think Oz is on the road to doing the same thing in Columbus.

As for Michigan -- I won't go back to Yost after the experience of having a of drink deliberately dumped on me, and the arena security telling me I shouldn't have been rooting for OSU.

Two things I'm thankful for this holiday season are the Knucklebucks section and the Redmen. They're putting some excitement in the Schott. Too bad the Miami game was after finals at OSU and the student section was absent.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
          You all have heard me comment on the perception of arrogance OSU people have about the Michigan & Miami fans but when you read the threads of other teams on USCHO OSU fans will quickly learn I think what true fan arrogance is when we become conference opponents to Minnesota! lol! There's some really nasty stuff sometimes between them and fans of teams they don't like.
          I don't see that diminishing in the BTHC. In fact, it might become even more intense than it was towards their WCHA rivals. Their need to win the conference is going to carry all that extra baggage of competing against the schools that have been plunger raping them in football for the last 50 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
            As for Michigan -- I won't go back to Yost after the experience of having a of drink deliberately dumped on me, and the arena security telling me I shouldn't have been rooting for OSU.
            If you were by the student section, this doesn't surprise me. Most hostile environment in college hockey....god I love Yost so much.

Around the 1:10 mark. If some of you wonder why we refer to state as FYS, just listen.
            ---
            National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
            Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
            19 Conference Championships
            10 Conference Tournament Championships
            2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
              If you were by the student section, this doesn't surprise me. Most hostile environment in college hockey....god I love Yost so much.

Around the 1:10 mark. If some of you wonder why we refer to state as FYS, just listen.
              So when your actual students do this crap at a hockey game, it's a "hostile environment." When our t-shirt fans (not even actual students or alumni) do this crap at a football game, we have the worst, most ignorant, knuckle dragging, embarrassment to college football fanbase in the country.

Just want to make sure that I fully understand the dynamics to the hypocrisy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Cooper View Post
                So when your actual students do this crap at a hockey game, it's a "hostile environment." When our t-shirt fans (not even actual students or alumni) do this crap at a football game, we have the worst, most ignorant, knuckle dragging, embarrassment to college football fanbase in the country.

Just want to make sure that I fully understand the dynamics to the hypocrisy.
                Oh come on, That was a bitc* move by those state punks for doing that. I had no problem with that chant because they deserved it, hitting a guy while he's down. Maybe if those two actually would have played hard between the whistles and not after them, they wouldn't have gotten their heads beat in by Michigan all season long (5-0-0 sweep that year by Michigan).

As for the drink pouring, that's not something I would do but I'm not surprised students did it. If you aren't smart enough to not walk by the student section or sit in the student section, especially when you're wearing THAT team's colors, then I don't know what to say.
                ---
                Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

...As for the drink pouring, that's not something I would do but I'm not surprised students did it. If you aren't smart enough to not walk by the student section or sit in the student section, especially when you're wearing THAT team's colors, then I don't know what to say.
                  I know what to say. For starters, your comment is a half-truth. Yes, anyone entering a student section in opposing colors assumes the risk of verbal abuse. Conversely, those who want to avoid such nonsense should indeed be smart enough to avoid the opposing student section. But no one deserves to be assaulted at a sporting event, be it with a fist, a drink or that Ann Arbor football favorite, a marshmellow. Granted, the marshmellow can be laughed off. But making any kind of physical contact with opposing fans is simply over the line.

The fact that this even needs to be said is pretty appalling.

As for the more interesting topic you raised: Personally, at this moment in time, the Miami games mean more to me. After the BTHC starts play, and the CCHA era is in the rear view mirror, I imagine that will change. At the same time, my perception is that I'm in the minority. At least for our casual fans, I believe that the large majority would say that the Michigan games are bigger right now, and that this will certainly be the case after the realignment kicks in.

Comment

Danny Dries put up a hilarious new blog today on the official site. There seems to be good team chemistry with these guys.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/spo...121211aab.html

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                      I know what to say. For starters, your comment is a half-truth. Yes, anyone entering a student section in opposing colors assumes the risk of verbal abuse. Conversely, those who want to avoid such nonsense should indeed be smart enough to avoid the opposing student section. But no one deserves to be assaulted at a sporting event, be it with a fist, a drink or that Ann Arbor football favorite, a marshmellow. Granted, the marshmellow can be laughed off. But making any kind of physical contact with opposing fans is simply over the line.

The fact that this even needs to be said is pretty appalling.

[U]
                      I have to agree that any misconduct by fans towards other team's fans should never be tolerated. I have always been polite and welcoming to opponents fans when they come here (even Michigan & Miami) and enjoying the chance conversation and I expect no less when visiting other team's arenas. If I were to see an Ohio State fan, adult or student ever throw something on someone they would have no allegiance from me and I'd have them ejected.

Comment

Originally posted by OSUmab View Post
                        Danny Dries put up a hilarious new blog today on the official site. There seems to be good team chemistry with these guys.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/spo...121211aab.html
                        Great stuff! Who knew that #33 and Yogi Berra were cousins?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                          I have to agree that any misconduct by fans towards other team's fans should never be tolerated. I have always been polite and welcoming to opponents fans when they come here (even Michigan & Miami) and enjoying the chance conversation and I expect no less when visiting other team's arenas. If I were to see an Ohio State fan, adult or student ever throw something on someone they would have no allegiance from me and I'd have them ejected.
                          Well put. To have credibility, and for that matter integrity, apply the same standards to your own fan base.

Comment

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                            Well put. To have credibility, and for that matter integrity, apply the same standards to your own fan base.
                            I'm not one who does any of that stuff. But if I get touched or family or friends of mine get assaulted, I'm taking a swing.

My tailgate group (which is about 20 people that includes family) and I went to ohio for The Game 2000. A (most likely drunk) ohio fan dilberately walked past us and then shoved my niece to the ground while we were tailgating after the game. Most likely alcohol and anger of a loss to Michigan and seeing a smaller more vulnerable Michigan fan made him do it. I yanked him by the collar of his jersey and clobbered him right in the face and he hit the ground.

That is the only type of altercation that I have experienced at a game and he deserved it. You don't touch my family, and most importantly you don't
                            physically assault a woman especially a 20 year old. Not going back to columbus ever again. I'll watch from the friendly confines of Ann Arbor.

Sorry for the thread hijack.
                            ---
                            2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

I'm not one who does any of that stuff. But if I get touched or family or friends of mine get assaulted, I'm taking a swing.

My tailgate group (which is about 20 people that includes family) and I went to ohio for The Game 2000. A (most likely drunk) ohio fan dilberately walked past us and then shoved my niece to the ground while we were tailgating after the game. Most likely alcohol and anger of a loss to Michigan and seeing a smaller more vulnerable Michigan fan made him do it. I yanked him by the collar of his jersey and clobbered him right in the face and he hit the ground.

That is the only type of altercation that I have experienced at a game and he deserved it. You don't touch my family, and most importantly you don't
                              physically assault a woman especially a 20 year old. Not going back to columbus ever again. I'll watch from the friendly confines of Ann Arbor.

In my experience at the game at Yost I wasn't wearing OSU colors, nor was my buddy. We were simply cheering for OSU. We weren't in the student section - we were sitting next to some of the OSU players' families. The soft drink (large) was dumped over my head. Two Michigan fans went with us to complain and to verify what happened. Security still wrote it off as "you shouldn't have been cheering for OSU." I look at this as the university official condoning that type of behavior.

Things may have changed since then but don't expect me to come back. I feel about the fans in Yost the same way you feel about the idiot you had an incident with in Columbus.

Comment

Yet when your students do it, it's described as a "hostile environment." Please explain to me how some guy getting a drink thrown on him in the stands helps your team on the ice.

Comment

Working...
                                X