Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio state " buckeyes " 2011 / 2012 season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio state " buckeyes " 2011 / 2012 season.

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
    Hey Gang! Who is going Saturday? I got some new skates for the bday this summer and am anxious to try 'em out Saturday! Look for the 40-something lying on his back on the ice (or face down depending on how I fall) or skating very slowly next to the boards! But, hey, you only fail if you fail to try, right? When I was at OSU as a student, I used to go to the public skates at the OSU Ice Rink on the weekends when the team was out of town. I could actually get around the ice pretty good without falling down and I am sincerely hoping it will be like riding a bike. If not, maybe one of you could give me a quick refresher course (LOL)!
    One piece of advice, if you do fall face first and lose some chiclets, for dignity's sake tell people you lost them in a hockey game. lol!

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
      I completely agree with you, this season's success will depend on how fast the freshman adjust to the college game. The defense with another year under their belt and Cal in net should be fine. I know that they are going to have to get to the dirty area's if they are going to put pucks in the net. IMO thats what stopped happening when things went south last year they just couldnt get to the net. That playoff series was the icing on the cake pretty close to 90 shots on goal but most of them came from outside the circles and not many screens. They were picked 7th by the coaches and 9th by the media thats what i would say too anywhere in between 7-9th. I do know with Oz behind the bench they will play hard each and every shift and the hardest working players will play reguardless of talent. Should be a interesting season. GO BUCKS!
      Another factor that I hope is in our favor is Oz has a year here under his belt now and has hopefully gotten to know what to expect out of the opposing coaches and players in our conference and formulate his lines and game plan accordingly. Also we've yet to see how much effect Coach Exter will bring to the program, all positives I hope!

Comment

The Buckeyes need to wear out Windsor so they are tired when they play at Miami on Sunday. I wouldn't want the Redhawks' fans to have to go into a season without their egos being properly inflated.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
          The Buckeyes need to wear out Windsor so they are tired when they play at Miami on Sunday. I wouldn't want the Redhawks' fans to have to go into a season without their egos being properly inflated.
          LOL! Well said!

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
            You take those sweaters and helmets and you BUILD a tradition on them and you never change them. I may hate Michigan and Miami but I respect them. They have pride in their sweaters and they don't change them on Nike whims. May be the only thing I respect Michigan for!!
            We were one of the few schools along with you guys that got the swifts a few years back. We only wore ours for that first weekend though and tossed em. Surprised yours lasted this long. Glad to see our boys back to the home/home this season, only a couple years left before we both make the jump.
            Last edited by mcfarljd; 09-29-2011, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
              We were one of the few schools along with you guys that got the swifts a few years back. We only wore ours for that first weekend though and tossed em. Surprised yours lasted this long. Glad to see our boys back to the home/home this season, only a couple years left before we both make the jump.
              I won't be happy about the jump. OSU & Miami were getting a really nice in state rivalry established. With only 6 Big Ten teams in the new conference I'm sure we'll still have games with Miami every year but I personally feel it's more fun when you're conference opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                9 schools wore swift jerseys at one time

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                  One piece of advice, if you do fall face first and lose some chiclets, for dignity's sake tell people you lost them in a hockey game. lol!
                  That is some sound advice, Hockeybuckeye! I will remember that!

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                    I completely agree with you, this season's success will depend on how fast the freshman adjust to the college game. The defense with another year under their belt and Cal in net should be fine. I know that they are going to have to get to the dirty area's if they are going to put pucks in the net. IMO thats what stopped happening when things went south last year they just couldnt get to the net. That playoff series was the icing on the cake pretty close to 90 shots on goal but most of them came from outside the circles and not many screens. They were picked 7th by the coaches and 9th by the media thats what i would say too anywhere in between 7-9th. I do know with Oz behind the bench they will play hard each and every shift and the hardest working players will play reguardless of talent. Should be a interesting season. GO BUCKS!
                    That's a solid assessment and I agree, I think the season hinges on how quickly the freshmen adapt to the college game. Can't wait to get this season going!

Comment

Maybe I'm just having a bad day, but why is our season thread so janky looking? Was capitalizing State too much to ask? And why does Buckeyes have unnecessary quotation marks?

Comment

Originally posted by pinch View Post
                        9 schools wore swift jerseys at one time
                        Yeah and I think most got rid of them soon after, or at least didnt wear them after that half season.

Comment

If our guys needed an edge in skating faster I don't think the jerseys were the issue, they should have shown up in shape for the beginning of the season. I think they learned their lesson after what Oz put them through last season for not meeting his standards for speed & endurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                            If our guys needed an edge in skating faster I don't think the jerseys were the issue, they should have shown up in shape for the beginning of the season. I think they learned their lesson after what Oz put them through last season for not meeting his standards for speed & endurance.
                            That is an interesting point, and one that I had not thought of concerning last season. Maybe the end of the season scoring slump was an endurance issue. I cannot wait to see the guys in action tomorrow night at the Chiller. Should be an interesting season to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                              That is an interesting point, and one that I had not thought of concerning last season. Maybe the end of the season scoring slump was an endurance issue. I cannot wait to see the guys in action tomorrow night at the Chiller. Should be an interesting season to say the least.
                              When the hockey alumni got to meet Oz last year it was mentioned that only 2 players showed up for pre-season practice meeting only his MINIMUM standards for speed & endurance. According to Sean Duddy's blog the guys have accepted the tougher regimine and hopefully the results on the ice will be obvious.

Comment

The Buckeyes won their exhibition game tonight against the University of Windsor 6-5. The first period was scoreless, then the Buckeyes outscored the Lancers 3-1 in the second period. In the third period, the floodgates opened a little. The Buckeyes took a 5-1 lead, then exchanged goals with Windsor to take a 6-2 lead. At that point, Windsor scored three unanswered goals to pull within 6-5. That is how it ended. I liked the energy I saw out of the Bucks. Cal Heeter only gave up the one goal. The backup goalie gave up the other four goals.

Comment

Working...
                                X