Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio state " buckeyes " 2011 / 2012 season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio state " buckeyes " 2011 / 2012 season.

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
    Well we know that lake state wants to clog the neutral zone and cause turnovers with a good forecheck, thats how they won that playoff series last year. The difference this year will be ohio state has the players that will not allow the trap to be successfull if they continue to play the type of game we have seen this whole year. Should be a fun series and a chance to put some more distance between them and the pack.
    I know it's a long drive but I hope they bring a good fan base with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      I know it's a long drive but I hope they bring a good fan base with them.
      Yea thats a pretty good drive i know it took me 6 hours from toledo to get up there for the playoff series so it would take close to 9 hours for them to get to columbus. I agree i hope they do bring so fans down its always fun to talk to the opposing fans.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the boys back on the ice. Hope we didn't get too rusty with the week off and the rest did us good.

Comment

Wish we could have the kind of crowd and enthusiasm that the basketball team had last night!

Comment

Wish we could have the kind of crowd and enthusiasm that the basketball team had last night!
            Going to a Buckeye hockey game with 3,000 to 4,000 in a 17,500 seat arena can't be as bad as going to an Indians game at the old Cleveland Municipal Stadium where there would be 3 to 4 thousand in a 70,000 plus stadium.
            NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Yeah, because they sure aren't going to the Jackets games!
              I've always wondered why fans are paying big bucks to see the Jackets when they can see a decent hockey team right up the road for $11 a ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                I've always wondered why fans are paying big bucks to see the Jackets when they can see a decent hockey team right up the road for $11 a ticket.
                Let's be honest, getting into a Jackets game for $11 these days isn't exactly a Herculean undertaking.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                  Let's be honest, getting into a Jackets game for $11 these days isn't exactly a Herculean undertaking.
                  lol! All I can say to that is Go Red Wings!

Comment

Well, now that you mention it, the Huntington green seats sell for $10 or $15 dollars. I guess my point was more along the lines of does someone want to see the worst team in the NHL or one of the better teams in college hockey (2nd in the pairwise).

Comment

Well, now that you mention it, the Huntington green seats sell for $10 or $15 dollars. I guess my point was more along the lines of does someone want to see the worst team in the NHL or one of the better teams in college hockey (2nd in the pairwise).
                      I actually agree with you, as a Wings fan I just like to get my shots in at the Jackets.

At least from what I've read on here in the past, marketing for tOSU Hockey has left a little to be desired, you would think with the season you're having and the debacle that is the Blue Jackets there would be an effort to target that market.

But you do have to consider if the average CBJ fan is a fan of hockey, or just a fan of having a Big 4 team in Columbus. I've known my fair share of both, not likley you are going to get the later into Value City.

As long as Miami doesn't have a total meltdown against a depleted NMU team this weekend, we should have quite the matchup next week. Looking forward to it.

Comment

I actually agree with you, as a Wings fan I just like to get my shots in at the Jackets.

At least from what I've read on here in the past, marketing for tOSU Hockey has left a little to be desired, you would think with the season you're having and the debacle that is the Blue Jackets there would be an effort to target that market.

But you do have to consider if the average CBJ fan is a fan of hockey, or just a fan of having a Big 4 team in Columbus. I've known my fair share of both, not likley you are going to get the later into Value City.

As long as Miami doesn't have a total meltdown against a depleted NMU team this weekend, we should have quite the matchup next week. Looking forward to it.
                        Hey, as a Wings fan, you have earned the right to take shots at my Jackets. The Wings are everything the Jackets are not ... great team, great coaching, great record of developing players. The biggest difference I see in the CBJ vs the upper echelon teams in the NHL is player development and depth. When the Wings have a guy injured, they don't skip a beat. When the CBJ has a guy (or two) injured or out, it becomes catastrophic because we don't have any depth. Enough about the NHL, this is a college hockey forum. I agree with you and others 100% that the OSU athletic department does not market our hockey teams (we have decent womens team, too, and their games are free). One thing that would help, and myself and others have been "preaching to the choir" about this for years, would be a hockey-only facility for our hockey programs. Unfortunately, that does not appear to be happening anytime soon according to the people I talk to about it. Should be a great matchup between our teams in a couple weekends, but we have a big series with a tough Lake Superior State team first. Good luck against the Wildcats.

Comment

One thing that would help, and myself and others have been "preaching to the choir" about this for years, would be a hockey-only facility for our hockey programs. Unfortunately, that does not appear to be happening anytime soon according to the people I talk to about it.
                          Of course it won't be happening soon, someone gets the back burner to pay for Urban Meyer's salary and it's probably the hockey program. When Urban said he was going to assemble the best coaching staff in college football my ears heard it as the highest paid staff in college football so all other sports at OSU won't be having their wish lists filled anytime soon I'm thinking - with the possible exception of Men's Basketball.

Comment

Of course it won't be happening soon, someone gets the back burner to pay for Urban Meyer's salary and it's probably the hockey program. When Urban said he was going to assemble the best coaching staff in college football my ears heard it as the highest paid staff in college football so all other sports at OSU won't be having their wish lists filled anytime soon I'm thinking - with the possible exception of Men's Basketball.
                            Like it or not the income from football and basketball pay for all the other sports. Because of the amount they make OSU athletics doesn't take money from students or the university. If you don't feed the 800 pound gorilla a number of of the other sports will cease to exist.

Comment

First of all, the football team funds the other 35 sports so you can't complain when they spend the money. Secondly Meyer's actual salary is not much higher than that of Tressel so that's status quo. Thirdly, I've heard that Les Wexner is giving quite the donation to right the football ship so his money is probably paying some salaries.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckeyeHockey View Post
                                First of all, the football team funds the other 35 sports so you can't complain when they spend the money. Secondly Meyer's actual salary is not much higher than that of Tressel so that's status quo. Thirdly, I've heard that Les Wexner is giving quite the donation to right the football ship so his money is probably paying some salaries.
                                So I guess us hockey fans should get used to first-round home series being played at the 800-seat OSU Ice Rink. Now I know what others were saying when they indicated that it would always be tough for a coach to come in here and win because OSU doesn't make the committment to hockey that other schools do. It makes what Coach Osiecki is doing with the program that much more remarkable.

Comment

Working...
                                X