WCHA Regular Season Champions:
      WCHA Playoff Champions:
      NCAA Tournament Appearances: 2012
      NCAA Championships:

http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/Reg...005/story.html

Comment

Re: Fighting Sioux 2011-12 Season

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
        Well, the way I see it there is only one rodent here...
        Knew that. You see it wrong. Shocking. Good to know Beavers consider themselves noble and are duly proud. Never mind their habits are often as destructive as they are beneficial. Another well known fact.

Now if the BSU nickname was The Habitat and Land Destroyin' Valuable Tree Cutting Buck Teeth Varmint Beavers...well then, the NCAA would have to step in and PC things up.

It's a well known fact Gophers are completely comfortable with their "Golden" characterization...they told me so.
        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
          Knew that. You see it wrong. Shocking. Good to know Beavers consider themselves noble and are duly proud. Never mind their habits are often as destructive as they are beneficial. Another well known fact.

Now if the BSU nickname was The Habitat and Land Destroyin' Valuable Tree Cutting Buck Teeth Varmint Beavers...well then, the NCAA would have to step in and PC things up.

It's a well known fact Gophers are completely comfortable with their "Golden" characterization...they told me so.
          That might all be true...but come back when you have a beer commercial that supports your theory... Then we'll talk.

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post

Hey, Beavers are builders. Up in remote Northern Alberta is a beaver Dam that is over half a mile long. It was discovered a few years ago from a satelite image, as the area is pretty much unreachable by land.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
              Hey, Beavers are builders.
              Skilled engineers too. They rarely trouble themselves with things like required land development process, plan approvals or local permits though.

They never even grease the palms of local politicians either.
              Last edited by brookyone; 11-30-2011, 09:14 PM.
              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                I guess it all depends where you live..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXtVrDPhHBg
                Love the ad. Don't much care for the beer although I will concede that ALL Canadian beers that I have ever sampled are superior to B*u*d. I guess my choice would be a Blue for one more brown one for the snowy road.
                Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                  Hey, Beavers are builders. Up in remote Northern Alberta is a beaver Dam that is over half a mile long. It was discovered a few years ago from a satelite image, as the area is pretty much unreachable by land.
                  Read about that. It's North of CASTOR, Alberta. It's all Greek to me...

I'll take proud and noble animals for 800 Alex...

Comment

Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post
                    Love the ad. Don't much care for the beer although I will concede that ALL Canadian beers that I have ever sampled are superior to B*u*d. I guess my choice would be a Blue for one more brown one for the snowy road.
                    You have to try a Kokanee...but you know...behind the curtain.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCyhD...&feature=share

A Video on the series from UND. I am impressed. This may be the biggest series in the history of UND Women's Hockey. Although I anticipate a bigger series this season!!

UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA WOMEN'S HOCKEY

WCHA Playoff Champions:
                      NCAA Championships:

Comment

Originally posted by northhockey View Post
                        This may be the biggest series in the history of UND Women's Hockey. Although I anticipate a bigger series this season!!
                        Maybe the biggest regular-season series to date, but I'd say your WCHA quarter last season versus BSU was the overall biggest. And I agree, no matter where this falls in terms of significance, the visit by the defending champs should be bigger.
                        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Even though it now appears to be a lost cause , the Spirit Lake Sioux tribe refuses to give up:

http://ndgoon.blogspot.com/2011/12/s...statement.html

You have to admire their "spirit".

That said, GO GOPHERS!
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                            Even though it now appears to be a lost cause , the Spirit Lake Sioux tribe refuses to give up:

http://ndgoon.blogspot.com/2011/12/s...statement.html

You have to admire their "spirit".

That said, GO GOPHERS!
                            So I guess the Spirit Lake Sioux are still "fighting"?

UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA WOMEN'S HOCKEY

WCHA Playoff Champions:
                            NCAA Championships:

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              Maybe the biggest regular-season series to date, but I'd say your WCHA quarter last season versus BSU was the overall biggest. And I agree, no matter where this falls in terms of significance, the visit by the defending champs should be bigger.
                              Good on the Sioux. Enough of political correctness gone awry. Will the NCAA demand that the "fighting Irish" change their name? Doubtful, and that moniker constitutes a much bigger stereotype IMHO.

Comment

Why didn't they just change it to the SOO as in the railroad?

Comment

Working...
                                X