Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska Nanooks, 2011-12 Season Thread - The Long Goodbye.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alaska Nanooks, 2011-12 Season Thread - The Long Goodbye.

I was kind of hoping we would lose last night. I missed the record cold snap and listened to the BGSU series while out of town. I was prepared to claim that we only win when I'm on a Mexican beach, at sunset, drinking beer... vowing to head back to Puerto Vallarta in support of the Nooks. We all have to be willing to sacrifice. Crap, we won.

*****http://mmf.smugmug.com/Alaska-Nanook-Hockey/Other-Nanook-Hockey-Galleries/Somewhat-Hockey-related-photos/i-n9gn4c5/0/XL/20111125-37-XL.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
      Here are a few shots from the first period.
      Thanks for the pics. Love to see the Wolverines at number 10 in the CCHA. But, I think the second half of the CCHA season could shape up to be quite a battle between those 10 teams. And I don't want to rule out BGSU from being a spoiler.
      NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Nice win last night. You can tell that some confidence has built and they're getting into more of a groove. Michigan will bring the house tonight, though.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
          Thanks for the pics. Love to see the Wolverines at number 10 in the CCHA. But, I think the second half of the CCHA season could shape up to be quite a battle between those 10 teams. And I don't want to rule out BGSU from being a spoiler.
          There's about as much parity as I've ever seen in the CCHA this year.
          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

The guys can't get comfortable tonight. They have to keep attacking, keep pushing, and don't even give Michigan a chance to come back. Hunwick really isn't very good, and the guys identified that and took advantage of several chances. If Michigan's D wasn't as good as they are, that game could have been 7-3... I wouldn't mind seeing that score tonight.
            Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Well, another tough loss in a season full of tough losses. I didn't get a chance to watch tonight but it sounds like Michigan threw the kitchen sink at Greenham and one finally got through.

Sour way to start a month-long break, but hopefully we can get healed up and make a run in the 2nd half.

Comment

*****http://mmf.smugmug.com/OtherPhotoCategories/Misc-Hodgepodge/Misc-Forum-Posts/i-qKVjkTR/0/L/20111223-1-L.jpg******

Merry Christmas to all Nook fans.

May the Bear shine bright the second half.
                Last edited by mmf; 12-25-2011, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Happy New Year.

Here's to hoping the 'Nooks bring the house in the 2nd half.

Comment

*****http://mmf.smugmug.com/OtherPhotoCategories/Misc-Hodgepodge/Fairbanks-Flavor/i-qhfqHqF/0/L/20120101-6-L.jpg******

It's a new year and Fairbanks temps are hovering around -40. Some things you just can't control. Maybe injuries and bad bounces fall into that category. I guess we could use that excuse. But good teams don't make excuses and good teams create their own luck.

It will be interesting to see what our team is made of the second half. We need to start playing desperate playoff-esque hockey starting next weekend.

The pic above was taken this afternoon near the Carlson. Don't hurry back boys. Focus on the task at hand. And for the record, I totally embrace global warming. Screw the real polar bears.

Go Nooks!

Comment

The next couple weeks will be tough, between the Marquette black hole and a stout Ferris team. If we play like we did the last three weeks of the first half, good things can still happen.

*****http://mmf.smugmug.com/OtherPhotoCategories/Misc-Hodgepodge/Fairbanks-Flavor/i-qhfqHqF/0/L/20120101-6-L.jpg******

It's a new year and Fairbanks temps are hovering around -40. Some things you just can't control. Maybe injuries and bad bounces fall into that category. I guess we could use that excuse. But good teams don't make excuses and good teams create their own luck.

It will be interesting to see what our team is made of the second half. We need to start playing desperate playoff-esque hockey starting next weekend.

The pic above was taken this afternoon near the Carlson. Don't hurry back boys. Focus on the task at hand. And for the record, I totally embrace global warming. Screw the real polar bears.

Go Nooks!

Comment

And for the record, I totally embrace global warming. Screw the real polar bears.

Go Nooks!
                        I can understand why you are a little tired of the weather you live for in _airbanks , But Dude why are you dishing Nome-Beltz High school?
                        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

An unfortunate score tonight, thanks to an ENG and a late, late third period score. But, anytime we can squeeze a couple points out of that black hole on the UP is a good time, particularly after a long layoff.

On to Ferris next weekend, then back home (finally).

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                            I can understand why you are a little tired of the weather you live for in _airbanks , But Dude why are you dishing Nome-Beltz High school?
                            Nome-Beltz only has the best mascot of any high school in this great state.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                              Nome-Beltz only has the best mascot of any high school in this great state.
                              Sorry square i think North Dakota is a little jealous of the Aniak Halfbreeds as a school mascot. I wear their school shirt proudly.and as MMF stated for the record UA_ mascot is not real.
                              Better get the Gov Cup thread up as you host the Saturday night game before somebody has to do it for you.
                              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                                Better get the Gov Cup thread up as you host the Saturday night game before somebody has to do it for you.
                                Might as well. It's not like we have much else to look forward to this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X